Luxembourg Airports

chrieger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised some more screenshots from testing this evening:

Ok, that's not FS9 "out of the box". A great collection of addons for textures, traffic and so on is installed.

And - the last shot - this is a shot with a "Bloom"-driver installed. Looks interesting in my eyes... :)

ellx-fs9-001.jpg

ellx-fs9-002.jpg

ellx-fs9-003.jpg

ellx-fs9-004.jpg

ellx-fs9-005.jpg

ellx-fs9-006.jpg

ellx-fs9-007.jpg

ellx-fs9-008.jpg

ellx-fs9-009.jpg

ellx-fs9-010.jpg

ellx-fs9-011.jpg

ellx-fs9-012.jpg

ellx-fs9-013.jpg

ellx-fs9-014.jpg

ellx-fs9-015.jpg

ellx-fs9-016.jpg

ellx-fs9-017.jpg

ellx-fs9-018.jpg

ellx-fs9-019.jpg

ellx-fs9-020.jpg

ellx-fs9-021.jpg

ellx-fs9-022.jpg

ellx-fs9-023.jpg

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hello, Rainer!

Yet another attempt on my credit card! I need to get your phone number and you will explain my wife where the money goes.

And she's not easy when she gets angry. I've warned you! :D

Seriously, though - great great screenshots, as usual.

The right points of view, the right details, the right mood, just like I like it.

And finally - looks like another quality scenery for FS9.

As fas as the FS9 addons are concerned: have you got REX for FS9 and used it in the shots?

And how do you like the mentioned bloom plugin. Did you follow Nick's advice to install it?

I haven't tried it yet. Would you personally recommend it?

BTW: How's the EDDT2009 / Berlin VFR compatibility? ;)

OK, sorry, no more difficult questions for tonight. I'm going to bed...

Hi Rafal,

no - no need for REX.

First excluse me for my mistakes in english. I hope I'm able to describe what I did to make such screens during the last years (as you have seen in Mallorca, Ibiza or the German Airport addons).

My system is a complete mix from different addons - and a very special individualized one. Because none of these addons deliver exactly in all parts what I like most.

Some have great clouds but not the best environments. Some have better environment textures but I don't like the clouds or the grass. And so on.

So I decided (long time ago) to mix all addons (commercial and freeware) I could get to build up a fs-world I like.

Of course with the loss of flexibility to manage all addons with their own utilities the authors sometimes add.

But I realized that I don't need to change settings often, so I can live with that point.

Sometimes (I did this with water textures for example) I use a new texture or effect and change them for my own to look more real.

My past as scenery designer and the knowledge of SDKs help me a lot to do so.

I wouldn't recommend this to the normal user. ;)

For example here's my (I'm sure not complete) source list for texture changes:

Ground Environment / Flight1

Flight Environment / Flight1

HDE - High Definition Environment / flightsim.com - Pablo Diaz

Flight Enhancer / Cielosim - simmarket

Ultimate Airport Environment / Zinertek - simmarket

Ultimate Water Advanced / Zinertek - simmarket

For better integration I use FSGlobal for mesh (but some localized meshs at places where they are better, FSGenesis, Holger Sandmann)

and the Ultimate Terrain series for lakes, rivers and roads from Flight1.

For Europe I don't use the UT-roads. I disabled them (only the road part) and use the roads from "All roads of Europe".

In my eyes they match better to our western europe style.

Of course I've installed weather addons like Active Sky Advanced. But not their texture sets...

AI-traffic is an own topic.

I use a mix from world-of-ai and own-compiled flightplans and grabbed liveries from different sources.

But no single livery texture comes into my fs without testing them for quality and type. I really don't need CTDs or memory problems within my FS.

For all these things it was needed to write own scripts to help me in these changes.

For example I'm able to use either my "real" fs or a shortly activated "test fs" where I check a new addon for textures and decide if they are good enough to be copied in my "real" FS.

And - of course - some tweaks within fs9.cfg, terrain.cfg etc..

I'm crazy? Yes, really. Ask my wife. :)

Bloom in FS9:

Please have a look here:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=70912

If I would recommend it?

Mmmm.... I don't use it all the time for my screenshots. But it's possible to change per key command between bloom and non-bloom. And it's easy to install or deinstall it. So I tried it.

One important thing:

We all know that without the work described above it's not possible to do such shots with FS9.

all my screens are out of my FS, only reduced to a section of the real screen (I use 1920x1200 px) and made smaler for 1024 px.

No other changes.

My installation closes the gap to FSX and looks sometimes - in my eyes - more real.

But I wouldn't recommend to buy a FS9 today and try to reach FSX. Much too expensive and not worth it.

Of course FSX "out of the box" is much better, a great platform for new addons.

But my old FS isn't really far away - on my rig. ;)

For FS9-Tegel and VFR-Berlin:

=============================

There wasn't a fix from Aerosoft? Hmmm... I did a dirty fix for myself. I could send it to you if you like but it's not perfect.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Rainer,

Thanks a lot for your quick and detailed response. Really appreciated.

Please do not excuse me for your English. It's very good plus it is not my native speech either.

I should talk to you in German aber Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht.

HDE - High Definition Environment

Yes, I had used those before I bought REX. To be honest I find both HDE cloud sets similar in quality.

The advantage of REX is the rich choice plus extra tools (water, airport textures, flightplanner, weather engine, weather avoidance radar, etc).

There are some bugs but I hope Tim will clear them out. I also tweak my FS9 like you. But I got a bit tired and decided to spend more of my available time... flying, lol!

So on my fresh new recent install I went straight for REX.

It's not bad if you choose what you like. Some quick unedited shots from my REXed FS9:

piper07s.jpg

rexio2s.jpg

Bloom in FS9 (...) it's possible to change per key command between bloom and non-bloom. And it's easy to install or deinstall it. So I tried it

Oh, thanks for the tips, Rainer. I will test it tonight.

My installation closes the gap to FSX and looks sometimes - in my eyes - more real.

But I wouldn't recommend to buy a FS9 today and try to reach FSX. Much too expensive and not worth it.

Couldn't agree with you more. My FS9 looks as great as I could wish. No need for FSX, at least for fast and high IFR flying.

And yes, I also wrote it many times: hadn't it been for my longtime simming and the large number of purchased addons, I would start with FSX being a fresh newbie now.

For Europe I don't use the UT-roads. I disabled them (only the road part) and use the roads from "All roads of Europe". In my eyes they match better to our western europe style

That's interesting, Rainer. I've used UTE for a long time. But I do not own Raimond's addon.

Out of curiosity: could you be a bit more specific on what gives you the better western European feel with the ARoE roads?

For FS9-Tegel and VFR-Berlin: There wasn't a fix from Aerosoft? Hmmm... I did a dirty fix for myself. I could send it to you if you like but it's not perfect.

Thank you. As soon as I get VFR Berlin into my FS9, I'll send you a PM with my email address.

I'm sorry for going a bit off topic.

Looking forward to Luxembourg Findel. Cargolux time!

@All: sorry for the off-topic but I prefer to answer shortly:

Hi Rafal,

sadly I've never learnt Polish, so we have to stay in English. Most important, that we are able to understand each other. Great to live now in a better time where this is possible - worldwide. :)

Thanks for giving me details about REX. As you've seen I use already some other addons for environment-textures and weather. It seems so, that I can save my money in this case.

These are some shots over Austria, made while creating/changing a own textureset for mountains (FS9 of course):

spitfire.jpg

spitfire3.jpg

That's with Bloom. I like it. :)

BTW: "All Roads of Europe" isn't from Raimond (Taburet). It's from the Author of "Austria Prof." (Flugwerk) and was distributed a view years ago.

But it will leads to a misplaced conversation to go here into deep.

I'll wait for your PM (VFR Berlin).

Ciao,

Rainer.

This is EXCELLENT news!!! Luxembourg in such high quality - I've been dreaming about this since I started simming more than ten years ago.

I remember how I got my first Sim (FS98), took a plane at brussels and then flew towards Luxembourg. Accoding to the coordinates I was above it, and I showed it to a friend who lived there: "look, isn#t my sim great, we are right over Luxembourg". There was nothing, just bland landscape. Could have been Japan or the Pampa or Minnesota. How the world has changed...

Out of all the airports I would die for, only one remains to be done at some level of quality: Anchorage. All others exist in superb or at least acceptable quality, or they are merely on my "I would love to have it, but wouldn't die for it"-list (Houston IAH, DFW, Doha, Shanghai PVG, Beijing Capital for instance), or they would be "nice to haves" that I would buy when they came out, but I wouldn't miss them if they didn't.

In any case, sorry for the off topic, and thanks for making LUX for FS

And what I forgot to ask: does someone have an overview of cargo airlines that go to Luxembourg, and whether they use the Luxair/Cargolux Cargo Terminal or the parking to the West of the passenger terminal?

The ones I know of:

• Cargolux, B747-400F, with services all over the world of course
  • Korean Air, B747-400F, destination?
  • China Airlines, B747-400F, destination?

But what about

• MK Airlines?
    • Yangtze River?
    • Jade?
    • Great Wall?
    • EVA?
    • Others?

I want to add a info to Rainers Screenshots.

The nice effects on the ramp lights, you could see in the FSX pictures, are also available in FS2004. I forgot to tell rainer, that he can copy the effect. Maybe he can make one further picture later one to show those effects as well.

I am ready on the update for FS2004, but I think we can not release it this year. Aerosoft hase a problem finishing the installer before christmas.

They have several other projects working.

So you can enjoy your christmas days without the need to fly in ELLX :D

But I try to get the ELLX Released for FS2004 in the first two weeks oj January.

The FS2004 Version will be a bundle with the FSX version. So if you already bought the FSX Luxembourg Airports, you can directly go back into FS2004 with ELLX.

That's great news that you are ready to release the FS9 version.... just waiting on AS now. Mayb they could pull there finger out so that we could atleast have 1 FS9 release for xmas although they seem to have a higher priority to FSX now!!!! We were all expecting EHAM for xmas but then they pushed it back to Feb 20210! Thank you Christoph for doing this it looks amazing and I can't wait to start flying my cargo flights in and out of ELLXbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The nice effects on the ramp lights, you could see in the FSX pictures, are also available in FS2004. I forgot to tell rainer, that he can copy the effect. Maybe he can make one further picture later one to show those effects as well.

So let's have a short look:

ellx-lights-01.jpg

ellx-lights-02.jpg

ellx-lights-03.jpg

Ciao,

Rainer.

But what about

• MK Airlines?
  • Yangtze River?
  • Jade?
  • Great Wall?
  • EVA?
  • Others?

Hi Mozart,

I can confirm MK, Jade, Yangtze and EVA. But I do NOT know the exact routes.

However there are some more Cargoairlines like:

Ethiopean (MD11)

Atlas Cargo (B743F)

Southern Air (B742F)

National Airlines (DC8!!!)

World Cargo (MD11 or 744ERF)

ULS-Cargo (A300F)

MNG (A300F)

and many others...

Take care...

I hope dear developer won't forget to bridge underneath car traffic animations.I think it was A1 higway.And dear Rainer welcome to back we had missed your great screenshots :)

Regards

Is there a confirmed date for the FS9 release?? Really excited for this amazing scenery!!!wink.gif

Hi Scarabus,

as Christoph (the developer) is in a short "christmas-vacation" for a few days he probably will not read your post. Therefore, as one of the beta-testers, I`ll try to answer your question:

The scenery is finished and Aerosoft still has to do the installer. But there are a lot of other projects and so the release will be in the new year (...in the first days of january...), I think.

Hope that helps. :blush:

Best regards...

I hope dear developer won't forget to bridge underneath car traffic animations.I think it was A1 higway.And dear Rainer welcome to back we had missed your great screenshots :)

Regards

Thanks for your kind words about my screens. Yes, I'm definitly amazed what's possible with such an old dinosaur like FS9. :)

@Ömer:

no traffic underneath the bridge

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi FS9 folks,

the scenery is ready for the release from my side. What is still missing is the installer.

As soon Aerosoft is back on duty I try to get a slot for the FS9 ELLX version to make you hopefully happy again :unsure: