What does v1.21 Change?

idahosurge

What exactly does v1.21 change?

I am asking because I have customized the names of all my aircraft folders, all customized all aircraft.cfg files and all panel.cfg files.

I will need to reinstall the standard F-16 folders into FSX and then run the v1.21 installer, so then I need to know if I install the update to the regular Aerosoft F-16 folders what am I going to have to paste from those standard folders to my customized folders and cfg files?

Regards,

Rod

The 1.21 udpdate adds sounds for switches and levers as well as adding "Bitching Betty" (the women calling PULL UP PULL UP etc.)

We cannot support edits like those You have done.

The installer will install all the files into the original Aerosoft F-16 folder structure.

The new sound update requires this folder structure to be intact at properly named.

My suggestion is that You uninstall Your current Aerosoft installation - reinstall it and add the 1.21 update.

Finn

Finn,

I am not asking you to support my custom installation, I am asking you what has changed so after I install it into the standard F16 folders what am I going to have to copy to my custom installtion.

Do I just need to copy the contents of the sound folder to my sound folder?

Do I need to copy everything in the aircraft.cfg files to my aircraft.cfg files except I do not overwrite my [flt.sim=x] info.

Did anything in the panel folders or model folders change?

In other words I am just asking you to tell me what changed so I can copy the changes to my custom installtion. I do not think that it is asking to much for Aerosoft to provide this information.

I can not be the only person out there who has put an enormous amount of work into customizing my aircraft.cfg files and the names of my F-16 folders to get my planes to display in FSX the way that I want and to get flight data logged with the aircraft information the way that I want!

Any customer support that Aerosoft will provide in ths matter is most appreciated!

Rod

Finn,

I am not asking you to support my custom installation, I am asking you what has changed so after I install it into the standard F16 folders what am I going to have to copy to my custom installtion.

Do I just need to copy the contents of the sound folder to my sound folder?

Do I need to copy everything in the aircraft.cfg files to my aircraft.cfg files except I do not overwrite my [flt.sim=x] info.

Did anything in the panel folders or model folders change?

In other words I am just asking you to tell me what changed so I can copy the changes to my custom installtion. I do not think that it is asking to much for Aerosoft to provide this information.

I can not be the only person out there who has put an enormous amount of work into customizing my aircraft.cfg files and the names of my F-16 folders to get my planes to display in FSX the way that I want and to get flight data logged with the aircraft information the way that I want!

Any customer support that Aerosoft will provide in ths matter is most appreciated!

Rod

Assuming that Your original install is version 1.20....

You need to copy the panel folders for each version into Your custom install

Then You need to copy the Aerosoft_Sound_System folder into You custom installations sound folder for the version that resembles the \Aerosoft F-16AM Display\Sound\ folder.

After that You need to open the ASC.cfg file, found in the panel folder for each F-16 version, and edit the path to the Aerosoft_Sound_System folder You just copied as described above (same path for all ASC.cfg's).

You should backup all Your aircraft.cfg's and then copy all those from 1.21 into each F-16 version.

Afterwards You need to copy the [fltsim.XX] sections from Your old aircraft.cfg's into the new ones from the 1.21 update, in order to add custom repaints.

Hope that helps :)

Finn