First Thoughts

regis902

I bought the game the first day it came out and would like to share my thoughts/suggestions for enhancement to this version of City Bus Simulator or as consideration for future versions:

First off, great job to everyone involved. It's a very believable experience, and I suspect I'll be playing this one for a long time.

- Steering Wheel: I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro, I have no issues setting it up to work in the game (I did have issues assigning the wheel and pedals in the demo, this seems to be fixed). Where I'm still having problems though is that I still keep running out of air pressure after only a few brake applications, even when selecting the "Compressor Support for Steering Wheels" option.

- Passenger Volume: is very low, I've never had more than 7 people total on bus...I would expect that in New York City, at some point along the route, your bus would be filled, at least all the seats and likely with standing passengers. Also, passenger volume doesn't seem to change by time of day like it does in WOS 1&2.

- Traffic volume: is pretty good, but it would be great if the highest setting had true NYC gridlock (for those wanting to punish themselves by driving through it!)

- Westbound in front of Grand Central Station (I believe it's at Vanderbuilt Ave), there is a traffic signal on an angle that sayd "Buses Only". I'm assuming this is a transit priority signal, how is it intended to be used? There's no queue-jump lane or other way to get ahead of traffic in conjunction with the signal.

- Timepoints: While you are provided with a departure time at the beginning of the route, there is no indication of mid route time points, where you would hold if you are running ahead of schedule. At most transit companies, drivers get a card showing the time points along their route, this keeps people from getting too far ahead of schedule. Also, it would be nice if there was some indication at the end of a run whether you arrived on-time, early etc.

- Destination signs: should have the route number M42 as well as the destination I would think. I'm hoping this will be an easy enough fix once I figure out the bus editor though.

- Rear door: While I see a "bus stop" brake has been added since the demo, most North American transit buses have a rear-door interlock. This prevents the bus from moving when the rear doors are open for safety reasons.

Again, these are pretty detailed suggestions/comments, overall TML has done a great job and I look forward to seeing what others add to this platform!

After waiting about two months for English version of CBS 2010 to be released after the German version of CBS 2010 was released, I was very happy to buy and download the program. I also have Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel/pedal set. It supports steering wheel rotation up to 900 degrees instead of 200 degrees for most other wheel/pedal sets. I set up my wheel /pedal set for separate pedals instead of combined pedals and 360 degrees of steering wheel rotation. I think that the program needs to be set up for that wheel/pedal set correctly so that I don't run out of air pressure too often and that the steering wheel on the whhel/pedal set has the same amount of rotation as the real bus' steering wheel as well as the steering wheel in the game. There should be more passengers on the bus and the action of passengers getting on the bus and paying the fare should be faster. The story of the stolen city bus in Campaign Mode is very interesting!