Logitech G25 Wheel

Clarky

Hey,

Now that the English version has been released to download I'm about to purchase it. But just before I do, I noticed from the demo that the Logitech G25 wheel was not supported/working.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed for the English download version or are we still waiting for an update from TML?

Thanks,

Clarky

Hey,

Now that the English version has been released to download I'm about to purchase it. But just before I do, I noticed from the demo that the Logitech G25 wheel was not supported/working.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed for the English download version or are we still waiting for an update from TML?

Thanks,

Clarky

Very interested in this myself Clarky. Supporting my G25 is key to me purchasing...

Looking forward to an answer.

Thanks in advance,

-Paul

Very interested in this myself Clarky. Supporting my G25 is key to me purchasing...

Looking forward to an answer.

Thanks in advance,

-Paul

Same here, G25 is the key...

Hey Paul, how's it going? :)

Regards,

Jure

Same here, G25 is the key...

Hey Paul, how's it going? :)

Regards,

Jure

Hey Jure! I am doing well, still hanging in there... How are you doing? Hope all is well!!

Another user just posted the G25 issues are not fixed. Here is my post from that thread:

Thanks for the update, greatly appreciated. Guess this sim is a no-go for me until those issues are fixed.

IMHO the developers REALLY dropped the ball on this one. How can you release a driving simulator that does not support the best steering wheel on the market? To pay that money and then have to steer with my keyboard? Come on TML, very poor.

Hopefully they will fix the issues ASAP! Then we can do some bus racing down 42nd lol ;)

-Paul

Another user just posted the G25 issues are not fixed. Here is my post from that thread:

But, as I posted there, it is being worked on. The developers of the C4 engine are working with Logitech to fix this issue in the engine, and I'm fairly certain that TML will update CBS when this engine update is released.

But, as I posted there, it is being worked on. The developers of the C4 engine are working with Logitech to fix this issue in the engine, and I'm fairly certain that TML will update CBS when this engine update is released.

I understand and appreciate that however it does not change the fact it is still broken and for most G25 users I am betting it is a show stopper...

I am glad they are working on it but who knows the complexity of the fix or when it will be released. Then who knows if they will release it for the German version before getting to the English version so there are still a lot of unknowns. It could be days or it could be months but until it is fixed and delivered it is a no go for some of us.

-Paul

Well... I emailed TML and I have a reply. I'll copy it all here..

Thanks for your email. You are right there are still problems with the G25 wheel. Unfortunately, the pedals do not work (pedal settings in the game menu cannot made) and also the full 900 degrees turningradius will not supported.

We tried out many things in the meantime and could reach only a little success:

We could set throttle/brake and other function around the

wheel (buttons included). We could do this by not installing the

racing wheel software. That means we only connected the wheel with our

pc and made the setting immediately under options >>> controls in our game menu.

The developer of the C4 engine our game based of contacted some people of Logitech to ask for some help in this case. Unfortunately they could not find a solution so far. And we don´t know when and if they will find one to be honest.

Best regards,

It's weird... because that isnt my problem. The pedals register in the settings for me (didn't get as far as testing it, didn't want to after what I say next) however the wheel wouldn't register. TML seem to have it the other way round.

I'm going to try what they said helped a bit by removing the g25 software and managing it by windows and see what happens. I will post here if I here any more, I replied to there email.

Clarky.

Looks like us G25 owners either make do with the keyboard or fork out for a new wheel. Thanks TML for making us wait for CBS & then really p i s s i n g us off by using a game engine that isn`t compatible with Logitech wheels. Anybody want to buy a slightly used Logitech G25 wheel?

I too can register the pedals separately in CBS, but it refuses to recognise the wheel. I`ve just thought of something, how about setting the turning radius from 900 degrees to about 300 or 450.

Going to try that and a few other things myself.

I'm not forking out for a new wheel for the game, unfortunately its not TML's fault, is the game engines. So, just gotta see what happens.

I'll try some tweaks and get back to you here ASAP :)

Whatever you do, don`t waste your time by uninstalling the Logitech software. The G25 still doesn`t work in CBS & you also end up with very heavy steering in other games without the software.

Oh well, Guess CBS lost a customer here. Very unfortunate for me, I was looking forward to this.

Whether it is TML's fault or C4's fault is irrelevant. TML developed the sim and it does not support the best wheel on the market. They chose the engine and obviously someone did not do their due diligence upfront if this is just coming to light now. Like I said originally, this is a pretty big ball to drop...

I happen to have an old Logitech Momo force feedback wheel from before my G25 and if I get motivated I will load that one up with the demo and see if it works. Very disappointing any way you cut it though.

-P

OK, well I pulled out my old MOMO FF wheel (another Logitech) and it does seem to work but was still pretty darn tough to get configured. It took a lot of quick click/hit the gas or brake because it wanted to default all controls to steering. What I am noticing is this wheel probably has a turning radius of ~100 so maybe if we go down really low on the G25 that will work.

I already had the MOMO lying around and it seems to work so I just went ahead and purchased, I will just switch wheels out for different sims.

-Paul

OK, well I pulled out my old MOMO FF wheel (another Logitech) and it does seem to work but was still pretty darn tough to get configured. It took a lot of quick click/hit the gas or brake because it wanted to default all controls to steering. What I am noticing is this wheel probably has a turning radius of ~100 so maybe if we go down really low on the G25 that will work.

I already had the MOMO lying around and it seems to work so I just went ahead and purchased, I will just switch wheels out for different sims.

-Paul

Well, TML found a way to make the G25 work, with the 900-degree steering too. Looks like a major workaround by changing the axes around and I haven't actually tried it yet, but supposedly it works..

http://www.citybussimulator.com/index.php?id=257&L=1

• 2 months later...

-Paul

Paul: I'm delighted to hear your MOMO FF wheel works with CBS. I just bought one - realize it's an economy model compared to other Logitech wheels. I'm new to driving simulators - I've been train simming for several years. Perhaps you could help and share some information. No matter what I've done so far CBS steers much better from the keyboard - and that isn't very good.

My main question - when programming the steering wheel, if the keyboard assignments for left and right turn are "left arrow" and "right arrow", when configuring the wheel do you use keystrokes "left arrow push" and "right arrow push" or do you use the commands "left arrow push"/left arrow release" and "right arrow push"/"right arrow release"? I tried both ways and don't see a difference - the wheel is still worse than the keyboard. Is there a way to achieve smooth wheel turning through the entire steering arc? As for the accelerator and brake pedals I've used the command format and it seems to work well. The paddle shifters (for turn signals) and the 6 buttons are no problem with single keystrokes for the assigned actions.

Also, I've seen in this forum suggestions to change the PARM setting in the bus.txt from .005 to either .035 or .050. I've tried this and haven't seen an improvment - acutally things just get worse - the wheels travel their full distance either right or left as soon as the steering wheel engages. I tried the suggestion of first changing the PARM setting in the bus.txt file, then going to the main menu, hitting CTRL-N, opening the vehicle editor, clicking on import string table, and selecting the bus.txt. and things just seem to get worse - the wheels turn their full arc left or right as soon as the steering wheel engages right or left. I'm also not sure why just changing the PARM in the bus.txt and saving it isn't enough. Obviously, I don't have clue as to how to use the vehicle editor.

Final request - with the steering wheel, what setting do you use for the axis properties (sensitivity, dead zone, range)?

If you can find the time to read and answer what you can I would very much appreciate it. Happy New Year.

Thanks, Barry