Topic: Lights... I see the light!

If we are talking about lights then I want to see the lights reflected by ground (nights). You know what I am talking about? I mean when you are in a plane which is taking off (night) then you can see the strobes on the ground, because they are very strong...

Well I show you video, I could not explain it:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I like to see the small LED lights in the cockpit illuminated even if the cockpit panel lights are off. In FSX all indicators are darkened when panel lights are off.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

You may want to add the ability to have left and right leading edge lights or "inspection lights", as they are industry called. Some aircraft have only one on the left side, while others have one or two, per side. Most aircraft I have flown have separate switches for left and right sides, and in some cases left and right inboard and outboard for four engined turboprops. You may also be tight on the landing light options. Some aircraft have inboard and outboard, left and right landing lights that are selectable individually. Also missing is the option for engine inspection lights. I can't recall if the Boeing 727 has them, but I know indeed the DC-9 does. They are rear fuselage mounted lights that illuminate the intake section of rear mounted turbofans. Hope this can help.

Cheers,

Thad

• 1 month later...

hello from Montenegro :) , i just found this link , im looking for terrain engine generator for my personal project , and found this - - maybe useful , meybe not , - http://www.google.co...ics/3D/Terrain/ , http://www.vterrain....ion/Artificial/ . http://unity3d.com/s...pt-Terrain.html , http://www.planetsid...ent/view/17/29/ . . . - if ypu need any help for your project will be glad to help , good luck with this project , im love flight simulation games , i have all microsoft games , from 1990 to 2007 , ms simulator for DOS 1.0 . . .etc , I wish you luck

• 2 months later...

Airport lights are a severely limited in FSX, sometimes at a moonless night you can see a damn thing when you are docking. Well from what I've seen at Aerosofts Mega Airport Amsterdam, the lights were modeled as Night textures. Now let's forget that Idea of Night Textures, and make sure to implent 3D lights on Airports aswell. And more the Die-Hard systems enable 3D lights on the taxi-way lights aswell.

• 4 months later...

Why not make the lights freely definable, instead of hard-coding them? I know it is hard to get out of the hard-coded mentality, but free assignment should be the way forward.

e.g. a variable for the number of lights (e.g. max 255), then an array defining each lights characteristics (position, direction, intensity, color, cone angle of light and fade distance).

If there is one thing I hate most as a software dev, it is artificially limited features of an SDK due to the inability of the developer to think FLEXIBLY.

Best regards,

Robin.

• 3 months later...

Oh.. and those light-beams which the white-green rotating lights on the airports cast could use a lot of improvement too..

To all those discussing white/green aerodrome beacons, let us not forget that the FAA does not control the entire world, even in simulation.

Please add white/white rotating aerodrome beacons and white flashing omindirections aerodrome beacons as regulated in German airspace under the authority of Eurocontrol (which is the authority in most of that whole other area of the world called Europe). Let us also not forget that not all transitions occur at FL180 around the world and that millibars versus inches of mercury exist for altimeter setting in other than the USA.

Just because "English" is the accepted universal aeronautical language, it is not exclusive to the USA, as a lot of other countries claim it as theirs own language also.

In other words, pilots, even simmers, fly around the world and other regulatory agencies exist with differing requirements, as permitted by the IACO, to which most countries with aerodromes are a party. This is what Microsoft programmers seem to forget. Please do not do so also.