Twin Otter altimeter

Just Fly

Hi!

I discovered something special in the Twotter. The altimeter pressure can just be set in millibars. It creates a "problem", because in the other FS aircrafts, the altimeter is set in Hg, so when the ATC says to you "Altimeter 29.92", you don't know how to set your altimeter because of these different units. My question is: can it be changed? If no, does anybody know how to convert millibars in Hg?

Hi,

don't think, that it can be changed.

The conversion is:

in Hg ---> hPa

(follow multiply, back divide).

You can make the ATC announcing hPa by changing the general settings from FSX.

Or you can hit the "B"-Key and you'll have the pressure on your altimeter.

Albrecht

Hi!

I discovered something special in the Twotter. The altimeter pressure can just be set in millibars. It creates a "problem", because in the other FS aircrafts, the altimeter is set in Hg, so when the ATC says to you "Altimeter 29.92", you don't know how to set your altimeter because of these different units. My question is: can it be changed? If no, does anybody know how to convert millibars in Hg?

FSX settings menu contains the option to have the altimeter display in inches or Hg. Also, the sim is designed with a specific button to enable synchronisation of the altimeter with ambient pressure - the `B` key.

Either should solve your problem.