PBY Problem with starting right engine

Kastendrachen

Hello, I have a problem with my PBY. When I begin a new flight the aircraft sets up in the first second after loading, I see a needle of the RPM-gauge going to zero and hear something like the last breathe of an engine before it dies. The problem is: the right engine does not want to let itself getting started. Left engine....no problems at all, it often starts even without prime but the right one doesn't. I follow the correct procedure (I must do so because the left one works) but it is impossible to get it running. When I press Ctrl+E then it works flawless and when I turn off the right engine after that and start it again, it works without problems.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or some misconfiguration of FSX? I have the boxed PBY, my standard free flight in FSX is a saved flight I did with a Cessna, is it possible that some saved parameter of the flight and the previously used plane prevents the right engine (or any other system) from working properly? Because that's my thought, I think that something in the program causes this problem. It worked properly before. I do not know what I did to crash it. Otherwise I changed the airport from the standard free flight and put it into warmer regions (I thought that the engine is just too cold) but even in Algeria there was no chance to get this engine running. I don't know any further and hope that somebody knows a bug or problems like this.

Technical Information:

PBY Catalina X boxed, no Updates

1,8GHz ÁMD Sempron

2GB RAM

Windows XP SP2

And...please excuse my English, I'm German^^

Hello, I have a problem with my PBY. When I begin a new flight the aircraft sets up in the first second after loading, I see a needle of the RPM-gauge going to zero and hear something like the last breathe of an engine before it dies. The problem is: the right engine does not want to let itself getting started. Left engine....no problems at all, it often starts even without prime but the right one doesn't. I follow the correct procedure (I must do so because the left one works) but it is impossible to get it running. When I press Ctrl+E then it works flawless and when I turn off the right engine after that and start it again, it works without problems.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or some misconfiguration of FSX? I have the boxed PBY, my standard free flight in FSX is a saved flight I did with a Cessna, is it possible that some saved parameter of the flight and the previously used plane prevents the right engine (or any other system) from working properly? Because that's my thought, I think that something in the program causes this problem. It worked properly before. I do not know what I did to crash it. Otherwise I changed the airport from the standard free flight and put it into warmer regions (I thought that the engine is just too cold) but even in Algeria there was no chance to get this engine running. I don't know any further and hope that somebody knows a bug or problems like this.

Technical Information:

PBY Catalina X boxed, no Updates

1,8GHz ÁMD Sempron

2GB RAM

Windows XP SP2

And...please excuse my English, I'm German^^

I´m almost 90% sure that You forget to turn on the right fuel selector !

You cannot see it from the Captains seat.

Press the "A" key a couple of times, until You see the backwall, and make sure that the right fuel selector is moved away from the OFF position.

Finn

This will once again be most likely caused by NOT using a default flight setup as the initial launch platform for FSX, or by using a default flight setup where the fuel lever is set to `left`.

It's the `carryover` settings inside the default FS code that have no visible means of checking but which can really screw up aftermarket aircraft.

By design and default if you don't mess with the startup flight it WILL start with fuel tanks set to `both` or `all` - yes even on those aircraft which don't have a `both` setting...