SFX Beaver

geejo

Help I don't know where to go.

Not happy Jan.

I have just downloaded the Aerosoft Beaver and near the end of the install I received a message "Error with SFX categories. xml.. the mission is not available" and now my flight simulator will no longer load at all even if I take out everthing I can find that says Aerosoft.

I'm not happy that I've paid Au$39 and can no longer even use SFX. My user ID is 27931 and my validation key is .

Please help.

Geoff J

Hello Geoff,

I removed your key, it never a good idea to post any sort of key onto a media where anyone can find it.

If its copied and used by another person the company will generally come looking for the owner of the key.

Have you tried doing a repair install of FSX. Also is your FSX located on your C: drive and do you have Vista as an operating

system. If so you may want to right click on any installer you use and select, "Run as Administrator".

Accuracy in reporting is often a beneficial trait. There is no such thing as a file called SFX Categories .xml.

There are however, two files in the Categories folder within the main FSX file structure called FSXXCategories.xml and FSCategories .xml

Please be specific about which file is allegedly corrupted as they are small uploads and we can supply those from a `vanilla` installation of FSX to get you back to where you started.

Or at least we might have if you had consulted before you removed `everything Aerosoft`, a scattergun effect that is likely to have ramifications beyond just the Beaver, should you have any other Aerosoft products installed.

Shaun has assumed you are using Vista as an operating system. Assumed because you don't give us any information to go on. You might want to provide system specs as well... please also confirm whether you have FSX installed to the default file address or a.n. other.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Geoff,

I removed your key, it never a good idea to post any sort of key onto a media where anyone can find it.

If its copied and used by another person the company will generally come looking for the owner of the key.

Have you tried doing a repair install of FSX. Also is your FSX located on your C: drive and do you have Vista as an operating

system. If so you may want to right click on any installer you use and select, "Run as Administrator".

Hi, Sorry not to have got back to you sooner.

You were right, my typing of the file name was incorrect however I have now re-installed everything and started again. Is there any way I can simply download the plane again using the old reg key?

Thanks again

Geoff J.

Hello Geoff,

If the link in your account is valid then yes you should be able to redownload it.

If you purchased it directly from www.aerosoft.com and your link has expired then please e-mail us at support@aerosoft.com and we can extend

the download period for you.