Baggage truck and de-icing

SLicTa

Hello there,

I still have some questions about AES functionnalities :

1°) The first picture below is taken from my 737-400 (PIC Wilco) at Lisbon X (with AES).

aes01.jpg

My question is about those 2 little platform/truck on the right. What are these for ?

I have seen on another picture white baggage trucks (not the blue one, which is the default FSX truck) coming to load and unload to the aircraft's cargo doors but how can I set it in the AES configuration software ?

Another problem with those little platform/trucks is that when catering trucks come, they puts themselves on the same place, look at the following pictures :

aes02.jpgaes03.jpg

2°) I have also seen that de-icing trucks will come to the aircraft, is that automatic or do we have to call for this service ? Winter is now coming, and I need to know if I want to be able to start the engines :lol:

Thank you in advance for your answers.

PS : Please look at the topic "Idea to Olivier", I have also posted there an idea for a "cold & dark place", it would be cool to have your thought on that.

The aircraft in the pictures above is not properly configured for AES.

First - the 737 does not have a palletised cargo hold, so those are the wrong loaders. It should have the belt ones. You'll see the palletised loaders such as those shown above on widebody a/c, 757s and various Airbus, for example.

If I remember correctly, AES will send belt loaders for a/c where the lower edge of the cargo hold door is less or equal to 2.0 metres from the ground.

A correct intelliscene file for that particular aircraft model (search AES or Airport Enhancement Services on avsim.com or flightsim.com if you don't fancy making your own) will make sure the catering trucks, jetways, baggage loaders etc etc use the correct doors.

Oh, as for an alternative to clearing away all AES functions as you suggest for a parked aircraft, you could use the ready for departure function, but do not ask for pushback?

Rob

Thank for your answers !

1°) Yes I know the aircraft is not correctly set up, I did it this way to make the screenshots ^_^

Ok, sorry, these are cargo loaders (for big pallets), I understand now. I am so used to see the little belts loaders that I forgot those ones :lol:

So, my mistake should be the height of the 2 cargo doors. It seems so simple now, I cannot wait to go back home to properly set the plane and test that :rolleyes:

For the "cleared" place, I have already tried the "Prepare for departure" and "no push-back" options. But then, when I save the flight, and come back the day after, the plane still in that configuration and the only option "Cancel pushback" doesn't work (when pressing F1, the AES window disappeared and nothing else happen. When showing the window again, the same option still there indefinitely).

2°) What about the de-icing trucks ? Does anyone have the answer ?

When AES decides it's winter (don't know the exact date, check the features log) then you can choose the de-icing at your gate/parking position prior to pushback! :D

• Developer

For the "cleared" place, I have already tried the "Prepare for departure" and "no push-back" options. But then, when I save the flight, and come back the day after, the plane still in that configuration and the only option "Cancel pushback" doesn't work (when pressing F1, the AES window disappeared and nothing else happen. When showing the window again, the same option still there indefinitely).

When you not shoutdown the PC over night, this will happen. But in this case you can help yourself by changing short in the SLEW Mode, lift the aircraft a littlebit from ground and set him back, then AES is reseted and the gatemenu comes back.

Your special situation to leave the PC running is not the "normal" situation and therefore a special "feature" is not possible at the actual plannings.

The Deicing can be selected after pressing F6, when the conditions (temperature/Snow) is requiring deicing.

Ok, thanks for the deicing trucks.

Sorry Olivier, but I never said I wanted to leave the PC on all the night. I have save the flight, cutoff the PC, load the flight the day after, and AES still with the option "Cancel pushback", but this option doesn't work. So I have to move the aircraft with the Slew mode as you said...

I'd just like to add that would it be possible for AES to add baggage carts beside the baggage loaders. Simple trolleys of baggage carts parked on the side should do.

It seems incomplete without them.

Thanks.

• Developer

Ok, thanks for the deicing trucks.

Sorry Olivier, but I never said I wanted to leave the PC on all the night. I have save the flight, cutoff the PC, load the flight the day after, and AES still with the option "Cancel pushback", but this option doesn't work. So I have to move the aircraft with the Slew mode as you said...

Thats not possible, AES will not save any status. When the FS is shot down and restarted, all memory is cleared. When the flight was saved on the position, it's possible that the window says "Stop engine and set parking brakes" after starting, but not "Cancel Pushback". Never ever.

"First - the 737 does not have a palletised cargo hold, so those are the wrong loaders. It should have the belt ones. You'll see the palletised loaders such as those shown above on widebody a/c, 757s and various Airbus, for example.

If I remember correctly, AES will send belt loaders for a/c where the lower edge of the cargo hold door is less or equal to 2.0 metres from the ground."

I've set parameters for quite a few aircraft like the 737 & never seen belt loaders appear. Do I have to set the height deliberately low to get them?

Also, "A correct intelliscene file for that particular aircraft model (search AES or Airport Enhancement Services on avsim.com or flightsim.com if you don't fancy making your own) will make sure the catering trucks, jetways, baggage loaders etc etc use the correct doors. What EXACTLY do I look for, please? Is there a name for it ?

Thanks.

"I've set parameters for quite a few aircraft like the 737 & never seen belt loaders appear. Do I have to set the height deliberately low to get them?"

What EXACTLY do I look for, please? Is there a name for it ?

Thanks.

Yes, indeed, if you set the cargo door height lower, that should work - at least it has for me when I've had to tweak the parameters to ensure 737s receive belt loaders. I've noticed at airports that belt loaders don't always go right into the hold, sometimes there's a gap - so it doesn't look too unrealistic.

If you're happy working with AES config, backup the existing intelliscene.cfg and then have a play. The good thing about AES config is that as soon as you hit save, AES resets itself - so you can almost make these changes on the fly.

A search at Avsim for "Airport Enhancement Services Wilco" threw up some user intelliscene files - for the 737-300 and 737-500, although not for the 737-400!

Good luck

Rob

I've reset a 737 at 1.95 M but the top of the belt loader is at least 1M lower than the lower door edge......it look s unrealistic.

I'll try that intelliscene tip but it would be easier if AES had the facility to choose the loader you want.......

I've reset a 737 at 1.95 M but the top of the belt loader is at least 1M lower than the lower door edge......it look s unrealistic.

I'll try that intelliscene tip but it would be easier if AES had the facility to choose the loader you want.......

If you have the 737-3/4/5 from Wilco PIC, you do not have to test another solution that the AES config application. I did it yesterday, and now I have the correct belt loaders and correctly assigned to the cargo doors... I will check this week-end the values I have set and post these here if you want.

But, 2 more questions :

1°) I imagine that it is a question of distance on the nose wheel, but how do you change the pushing-back car to "towbarless" or with the bar. My 5 AES airports are pushing-back my aircraft with a bar.

2°) Which airports have the "backward parking positions" feature ? Dortmund ? London City ? What more ? I would be interrested to buy one.

THanks again for your answers !

If you have the 737-3/4/5 from Wilco PIC, you do not have to test another solution that the AES config application. I did it yesterday, and now I have the correct belt loaders and correctly assigned to the cargo doors... I will check this week-end the values I have set and post these here if you want.

But, 2 more questions :

1°) I imagine that it is a question of distance on the nose wheel, but how do you change the pushing-back car to "towbarless" or with the bar. My 5 AES airports are pushing-back my aircraft with a bar.

2°) Which airports have the "backward parking positions" feature ? Dortmund ? London City ? What more ? I would be interrested to buy one.

THanks again for your answers !

1: I think it's airport-specific. So all depends where you fly to and from. Quite random, but I like the variety. In the US, most of my AES-equipped airports have tow-bar tugs - while with expected Teutonic efficiency, in Germany it's mostly towbar-less. Being British myself, I expect to see UK airports using shire horses.

2: Definitely those two, but Oliver will let you know if there others, I expect.

Rob