Should we make this a closed forum

83 members have voted

1. 1. I am willing to send some proof of who I am

2. 2. I am willing to sign a NDA

• Aerosoft

We got a problem... we do not know who reads this forum and we are constricted by that. If we would know who reads and comments (meaning real names) we would be able to share a lot more information. So here is an idea.

How about we close this forum for standard users and only make it visible for people who signed an NDA (so we know how you are and that you are not working for a competitor etc). It would mean faxing us something that you signed and something that links you as a person to forum user, but it would make this forum section a lot more useable for both us and the customers. So would you be put off if we ask you to identify yourself?

• Aerosoft

LOL ... do You really think, an NDA would keep competitors from getting information here ? I hope You don`t mean this seriously :unsure: ...

In fact I do.

Call me silly and old fashioned but I have only seen one person break an NDA with me. And he paid us $5000 to avoid having that story published on this forum. The company had a whopping big diner from that money. I remember the drinks bill. Massive. We toasted his sorry ass many times.

• Aerosoft

Seen two persons who voted no on both questions. Can any of them share why they will not indentify themselves before getting access to this forum? Personally I hate those silly nicknames on forums. I got no problems letting people know who I am....

I dont have a problem with showing my real identity either. But such forums tend to be completely boring so I avoid them as far as possible. In this special case there might be a reason for doing so ... but I don`t think, that we will discuss company secrets here ... with or without real names ...

Personally I hate those silly nicknames on forums. I got no problems letting people know who I am....

Dito, unless they have something to hide!! I personally think that ALL Fora should insist you use your real name.

I´not very impressed about this idea.

First of all: Can you explain, what is a "real" competitor for you ?

In my opinion most of the competitors are "partners" also, if you want to bring the AFS to sucsess.

Is FlyTampa a competitor because they develop scenery´s like Aerosoft? Sometimes more sucsessful than you ?

Yes, they are, but AFS will not survive very long without studios like them...

Or Austin Meyer ?

He will doing his own thing for the rest of his live.

If he decides, that aircrafts should fly backwards, X-Plane 11 will let them fly backwards...

And what dou you expect from a Member anywhere in China, Sibiria, Cayman Islands or anywhere else, who sends you a (computer generated) Fax with a "Real Identity" and a NDA ?

Or will you collect further more informations like creditcard numbers, passport numbers or biometric data to validate the identity of the members ?

Without me ...

No, if you don´t want to share some informations because it is a risk, simply don´t do it, expect all the buissness partners you really know and needed for the development.

For some good reasons i´m not willingly to strip me down to the bones in the Internet.

The Hacking of AVSIM or Hotmail shows that personal datas don´t are sure.

And it´s not worth to let validate my identity just to discuss some details of the (maybe never) upcoming Sim.

When a Beta is ready, then, and only then, i would subscribe a NDA to be part of the Team and help to improve the AFS2012.

I understand the need for such an arrangement but I do worry, as suggested above, that this will make the AFS2012 forum a very lonely place. As long as Aerosoft can guarantee that any information contained in an NDA or proof of ID will remain VERY private then I have no issues with this request and I voted to this effect.

Mathijs, i don't know what you're worried about. Making a simulator like AFS2012 is a project that costs millions and takes a long time to develop by a devoted team. Right now, nobody else is developing a civilian flight sim like that (well except Austin Meyer ofcourse, but he's got a fully fledged sim already, and i can't see him going to this forum to nick a few ideas ;)), so who's going to be a threat to you? The people that frequent this forum are going to buy it anyways, and keeping us informed on the progress without having all the hassle and needless secrecy is only going to help hype the product :)

Anyway.. what are you afraid of? Just share what you can, and if you can't share it, then don't. :)

As Bruce mentioned earlier, many of us are customers of Aerosoft's, and you already have the details on a database of the online customers. I work in the IT industry myself and find that there is already too much information of individuals publicly available, through things like Facebook and other social networks. There is too much profiling going on.

For something of this nature, it is obviously a need to know basis, and to be honest, I don't need to know. Whatever Aerosoft wishes to make public I may or may not read, but to have to sign some NDA and give yet more personal information just to access a forum for something I am not even actively testing (because nothing to test perhaps...) is downright absurd, sorry... my opinion.

Go ahead and close the forum if you so decide. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it... :)

There is enough of my personal information around on the Net, if not too much already... Having something or nothing to hide for that matter has got nothing to do with it. If you have been the victim of an identity fraud, you will know exactly what I mean. The possibilities are nigh on unlimited and the amount of work required to clear one's name dauntingly large...

Thanks, but no thanks...

The story changes slightly if you actually have someting to test specifically, and not just banter a few ideas around... then the NDA becomes a necessity to protect your IPR and business. You have to guarantee that all personal data will not be made accessible to third parties and doing so will result in a prosecution case against you, in accordance with data protection laws currently in force in Germany.

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Hi,

no problem in proofing who I am.

Signing a NDA for software that might hit the market in 3++ years is a a different story, not sure yet...

Regards,

Heiko

Mathijs I fully agree with you, I also have voted two times Yes. I'm more than willing to submit my details and contibute to (hopefully) a very succesfull sim ;)

And why my user name is Sand0rf, guess it's automatism. On every forum I register I use nickname Sand0rf ;)

Sirencly,

Sander Olsthoorn

EDIT: changed Display Name

Well based on the almost what... hmm... almpst $500 I have spent on Aerosoft products, you have my name, credit card information, address information, and IP addresses. I have no problem signing a NDA but that has to come with something like beta testing and being to actually see the progress of the project or something like that. What more information would you want from me? Are you not able to match me (newmanix) with who I really am based on all the purchases I have made here?

This is me right here: http://www.youtube.com/user/D2Newmanix#p/u/35/jjeyDi7j3V8

There you go...

newmanix

• Aerosoft

I personally wouldn't have a problem, but my Dad is a little leery of things like this. Can I sign one if I'm only 17? :unsure:

Good point! We'll make sure you can as just asking the question shows you think about these things.

• Aerosoft

I sign into this forum using my real name, and Aerosoft has my address through the online store. Send additional proof on top of that? NO!

Good point Bruce.

For sure we will not ask anything we don;t have yet from existing customers. Saves a lot of faxes etc.