Topic: Cabin Pressurization

• Aerosoft

Today I have been working mostly on Cabin Pressurization. It's a bit of a tricky topic as it is far more complex then we thought. Did you know for example that there are many aircraft that are limited in flight altitudes not by the engines or wings but by the pressurization? I did not.

Does anybody have strong ideas/wishes on this? Or is there some kind soul that has cabin pressurization as his main hobby and could help me (if so, support@aerosoft.com)?

I would love to see blackouts or strange views because of the lack of oxygen of you are flying too high in GA aircrafts.

Also, if you accidently open a door at high altitudes, this schould affect the airframe and the handling of the aircraft :)

• Aerosoft

I would love to see blackouts or strange views because of the lack of oxygen of you are flying too high in GA aircrafts.

Also, if you accidently open a door at high altitudes, this schould affect the airframe and the handling of the aircraft :)

Actually there is not a lot of effect on flight modeling when a door opens. Hollywood makes it all looks a lot more dramatic then it actually is. Seen Mythbusters on that?

Please don`t waste energy by implementing things like that. Some vacuum - effect when choosing the wrong landing altitude is fairly enough. The ProTu 154M shows how to ...

Please don`t waste energy by implementing things like that

It's not wasting energy...

If AFS2012 want to be a really good simulator (and I hope it's the goal), so all important systems (and problems) of a plane must be simulated.

And I think, pressurization IS important ! :) How to simulate a pressurization-failure without that, for example ?

@ Unfaced: Hmm, no, never tried ^_^

As I said before ... even FS9 can simulate pressurization failures. But I don`t need opening doors in flight with subsequent handling abnormalities ... what a crap :rolleyes: ...

Let`s concentrate on things that are likely to happen ... like forgotten bleed walves with corresponding warnings and dropping masks :D ...

• Aerosoft

As I said before ... even FS9 can simulate pressurization failures. But I don`t need opening doors in flight with subsequent handling abnormalities ... what a crap :rolleyes: ...

Let`s concentrate on things that are likely to happen ... like forgotten bleed walves with corresponding warnings and dropping masks :D ...

DogStar, bit more respect about other peoples comments if you would. Nothing others said here can be characterized as 'crap'. Not even if followed by a smiley.

Of course it is possible to program cabin pressure in FS2004, but that would be programmed fully by the developer. He would have to all the calculations that I think should be done by the game engine. If we move most parameters to the SDK getting good working systems (and I never discussed failures, not the topic at this moment) will be a matter of a few lines of code. I done these systems in FS2002 and FS2004. Tooks days, thousands of dollars. The same in FSX took an hour (but was buggy and incomplete).

Cabin Pressure systems are one of the most important systems in an airliner. People die if you get it wrong.

• Upvote 2

What we can't forget here is the fact that a commercial airplane is nothing but a pressurized cilinder with wings, and should react as one

physics laws apply here, and your body reacts to them: your ears pop and you start to feel a lack of hearing ability with pressurization changes.

Call me stupid, but it would be nice if the sounds in the simulator would react to the active pressurization of the airplane or to sudden pressurization changes and then slowly (or fast) get back to normal...I believe that this is the only way to reproduce the pressurization feeling to someone behind a screen!

• Upvote 2

Sounds good but please no simulations of victims who dont wear there seatbelts departing the plane rapidly requests please.

Oh, so I won't be able to reinact Oceanic 815 in Aerosoft Simulatior 2012 then... HYUMPH! -_-

It's nice to see that you pay attention to stuff like pressurisation. :)

If you ask me - that system should be made highly realistic, as it really has influence on flight process.

Just a notice:

Mathijs Kok: Actually there is not a lot of effect on flight modeling when a door opens. Hollywood makes it all looks a lot more dramatic then it actually is. Seen Mythbusters on that?

Please don't get me wrong, but... actually, their scenario (as rather amateur's than scientific) is highly unlikely in real life and hardly can be used as a reference to anything.

Pressurisation and explosive decompression should be tested in 100% credible environment, which they didn't use. It is almost imposibble to reproduce it at ~100 feets altitude with boosting pressure in wasted, so-called "cabin". It is not real, if you know what I mean. Enormous difference between the cabin's and the environment pressure is the key factor regarding decompression effect.

Movies tend to overreact on this matter, but - the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Aircrash investigation, presented by National Geographic channel is enough to watch and to make a judgement, as real as it can be.

Best regards and keep the good work!

Dragan

PianoPariss, have you ever tried that within MSFS? shift + E and the door is open - what is happening? nothing ;)

Yes, it's crazy... In FSX you can open the door into a flight... and even the windows !

:rolleyes:

13120563.jpg

96528741.jpg

• Aerosoft

yeah and it does not effect anything in FS - and that is the issue I was talking about ;)

Ho ho... not true...

Open the small window in the Discus Glider with the sound on ten. Sure get's your attention, believe me. Think it was the same in the Catalina but I am not 100% sure at this moment.

• Aerosoft

It's nice to see that you pay attention to stuff like pressurisation. :)

If you ask me - that system should be made highly realistic, as it really has influence on flight process.

Just a notice:

Please don't get me wrong, but... actually, their scenario (as rather amateur's than scientific) is highly unlikely in real life and hardly can be used as a reference to anything.

Pressurisation and explosive decompression should be tested in 100% credible environment, which they didn't use. It is almost imposibble to reproduce it at ~100 feets altitude with boosting pressure in wasted, so-called "cabin". It is not real, if you know what I mean. Enormous difference between the cabin's and the environment pressure is the key factor regarding decompression effect.

Movies tend to overreact on this matter, but - the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Aircrash investigation, presented by National Geographic channel is enough to watch and to make a judgement, as real as it can be.

Best regards and keep the good work!

Dragan

I just know that we could spend an evening with a few beers and a lot of talk, lol!

Cause I think the only element they missed was the air rushing over the fuselage with the hole. This will create additional suction and 'could' cause bits to be ripped off.