My traffic X , how to increase my fps with this?

moey124

hey i bought my traffic x 5.0A a cd boxed version. when i go to a airport it slows down my fps. is there any patches or anything to fix this proble. i am using a quad core processor 2.4ghz. i would love to enjoy this product more. thanks. also have sp1 and sp2 and yes for fsx.

hey i bought my traffic x 5.0A a cd boxed version. when i go to a airport it slows down my fps. is there any patches or anything to fix this proble. i am using a quad core processor 2.4ghz. i would love to enjoy this product more. thanks. also have sp1 and sp2 and yes for fsx.

Upgrade to the latest version (5.1a) and then ONLY use the DX10 schedule (even if ou just run DX9) - that's faster than any other traffic addon.

where to get dx 10?

DirectX10 - You can either use the normal view in FSX or the DX10 preview (I do not recommend that). It is installed on your computer already. However, using the DX10 flightplans in MyTrafficX uses optimized models for the aircrafts, so framerates stay high.

Ok, these are the necessary steps:

1) Uprade to the latest version of MyTraffic X. Don't know how to do that with the boxed version. The lates ist either 5.2a (the Simmarket version of MTX) or MyTraffic 2010 here on Aerosoft's site.

2) My Traffic X 5.2a offers you several flight plans in the MyTraffic Communicator. One of them is for DX10 (the lowest in the dropdown menu), all other flightplans above are for DX9.

3) You should install the one for DX10, regardless of whether you run FSX in DX9 (normal) or DX10 preview mode. The models used for the DX10 flightplans are much easier on framerates.

4) Enjoy! :-)

Guest Hodge001

Hi

You did not say what operating system you are using, but be aware that the DirectX 10 preview mode

is only available in FSX running on a Vista or later operating system, it will not be available

in Windows XP

Just to save you looking for it if you are on XP.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi

I must admit that I don’t use DirectX 10 preview, mainly for the problems with some scenery packages,

it is after all ONLY a preview and not a fully functioning part of FSX, that being said some people

have reported increased frame rates using it, and using DirectX 10 compatible AI should avoid any

invisible AI aircraft problems if you have aircraft cast shadows enabled in FS.

Other than that it’s really up to your system and the way it and FS is set-up as to what if any

frame rate improvement you will get, all people can really offer is options, I have yet to see the

magic bullet that will cure FS frame rate problems on any and all systems, but I REALLY stand to be

corrected on that one.

Not much use I know, but I hope you do see an improvement.

Jim Hodkinson

For DX10 schedules, you don't have to use Direct X 10. You don't have to change anything on your computer or FSX. Just install the DX10 flightplans in MyTraffic Communicator.

For DX10 schedules, you don't have to use Direct X 10. You don't have to change anything on your computer or FSX. Just install the DX10 flightplans in MyTraffic Communicator.

Thanks for the many messages and help already.

To the original poster. You said you purchased MyTraffic X 5.0a? That is a really old software, 3 years now, and has been remove from market in december 2006, so if really somebody sells such old software I wonder how this can be, unless it is for 1$.

That still was the time of FSX RTM, and before the FSX SDK was in a state that models native for FSX could be made. You know that FSX has evolved a lot since then. SP1 gave the first improvements, accompanied by MyTraffic 5.1, and SP2 made it the game we have today, the first MyTraffic version built for SP2 was version 5.1b.

So, when you have any version after 5.1b, so 5.2 or 5.2a, they all offer you the choice between two sets of schedules. You can either use the MyTraffic Manager to load the set you want, or just copy the bgl file you want to use from the MyTraffic\MT_Plans sub folder to MyTraffic\scenery.

All these version have in common that they contain models built for FS9, and models built for FSX SP2, the fraction of the second group getting bigger with each version, by adding completely new models and replacing some old ones in every new version, whatever can be done in the about 6 months between them. The models built for FSX SP2 are not only far nicer, but also far less demanding on the CPU than the FS9 models - only making them is a lot more work, that is why this process took time, years of daily work.

The scheduled called DX10-schedules only use the FSX SP2 models, the DX9-schedules in addition the FS9 models. So, using the DX10 schedules you vastly reduce the amount of resources needed, getting better frame rates, even in DX9 mode - in DX10 mode you don't have the choice since the FS9 models don't display properly there, that also is the reason for the names of these schedules.

If the performance, using the DX10 schedules, still is below what you desire, there are two things that cost CPU:

a ) the animated jetways at large airports

b ) the sheer amount of aircraft to be tracked.

a ) can be easily checked and cured by reducing the scenery density slider, or switching off advanced animations, or reading the MyTraffic X operation manual and performing the steps proposed in there,

b ) can be easily and only checked and cured by putting the traffic density slider a bit left.

Question for you: what your trying to say is that to buy a new my traffic x new version?

Thanks for the many messages and help already.

To the original poster. You said you purchased MyTraffic X 5.0a? That is a really old software, 3 years now, and has been remove from market in december 2006, so if really somebody sells such old software I wonder how this can be, unless it is for 1$.

That still was the time of FSX RTM, and before the FSX SDK was in a state that models native for FSX could be made. You know that FSX has evolved a lot since then. SP1 gave the first improvements, accompanied by MyTraffic 5.1, and SP2 made it the game we have today, the first MyTraffic version built for SP2 was version 5.1b.

So, when you have any version after 5.1b, so 5.2 or 5.2a, they all offer you the choice between two sets of schedules. You can either use the MyTraffic Manager to load the set you want, or just copy the bgl file you want to use from the MyTraffic\MT_Plans sub folder to MyTraffic\scenery.

All these version have in common that they contain models built for FS9, and models built for FSX SP2, the fraction of the second group getting bigger with each version, by adding completely new models and replacing some old ones in every new version, whatever can be done in the about 6 months between them. The models built for FSX SP2 are not only far nicer, but also far less demanding on the CPU than the FS9 models - only making them is a lot more work, that is why this process took time, years of daily work.

The scheduled called DX10-schedules only use the FSX SP2 models, the DX9-schedules in addition the FS9 models. So, using the DX10 schedules you vastly reduce the amount of resources needed, getting better frame rates, even in DX9 mode - in DX10 mode you don't have the choice since the FS9 models don't display properly there, that also is the reason for the names of these schedules.

If the performance, using the DX10 schedules, still is below what you desire, there are two things that cost CPU:

a ) the animated jetways at large airports

b ) the sheer amount of aircraft to be tracked.

a ) can be easily checked and cured by reducing the scenery density slider, or switching off advanced animations, or reading the MyTraffic X operation manual and performing the steps proposed in there,

b ) can be easily and only checked and cured by putting the traffic density slider a bit left.