Problem with Spins

VulcanB2

Hi,

When trying to spin, I experience a few things:

1) It spins the direction it wants to go - you can't bias the spin direction with a bit of roll/yaw input at entry

2) Once it has got spinning, I frequently experience aileron reversal whilst trying to recover, and it stops responding in pitch

Once (2) has occurred, my only option is to slew to get it out, otherwise it is unrecoverable.

Best regards,

Robin.

1) You can.

But you properbly make a hughe misstake here.

Your ailerons does not work as intended on a stalled wing. It can be that you stall the wing on the lower aileron even more, and the plane fall over this wing.

For example: You stalled the plane goes to the left, you try to recover with right aileron and zapp it goes over the left wing.

because you stalled the left wing and even recovered the right one with the up going aileron.

Try the following: Stall the plane, and only kick FULL RUDDER into the desired direction. Maybe a bit aileron AGAINST it.

If you want to spin left, stall, full left rudder a bit right aileron.

2) Don't ever try to recover with the ailerons. They don't help here.

Recoverprocedures are: FULL RUDDER against, stick netral. The plane will recover almost imediately.

It is very important to center the stick.

One note at the end: realism settings to full max please.

I never experienced a really unrecoverable situation on my end. No way.

Best regards Joachim

One note at the end: realism settings to full max please.

I never experienced a really unrecoverable situation on my end. No way.

Best regards Joachim

Have to concur on this one 1) All the tests we have done the aircraft has responded as it would in real life (thats after a tuition from Joachim) and with all aircraft realism settings maxed.

2) I have noticed and you have to check before reporting something that should be and is not, check your frame rates. If they are too low then expect the unexpected.

Frame rates are 20. It can run faster but stutters.

I used the correct spin recovery technique, but the very problem is that the ailerons are reversed and the tail is unresponsive.

I'll have to check the speed. I thought it was 150 kts, but maybe it is pegged at zero and I'm actually completely stalled.

Let me re-check that and report back.

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi,

It seems it requires the nose to be pushed over to get it out of the stall then a normal dive recovery can be made.

Your ailerons does not work as intended on a stalled wing. It can be that you stall the wing on the lower aileron even more, and the plane fall over this wing.

For example: You stalled the plane goes to the left, you try to recover with right aileron and zapp it goes over the left wing.

because you stalled the left wing and even recovered the right one with the up going aileron.

Excellent that this is simulated!

Best regards,

Robin.

• 4 weeks later...

Frame rates are 20. It can run faster but stutters.

Heres a post of mine from another forum...

Hi All,

Just bought me a copy of tune up utilities 2010, Great little program to get shot of all the rubish on your pc and keep it optimised, in the 2010 version there is a "Turbo" button, this button when activated kills anything that slows the PC down,

i have just done some tests on FSX with the wilco A319, LGW Extreme scenery from gatwick to jersey

1. EGKK-EGJJ - Turbo OFF, Frames as usual, a little stuttery around EGKK with the scenery

2. EGJJ-EGKK - Turbo ON - considerable increase in frames and the fluidity of FSX, runs alot smoother and less jumpy or jerky

Conlusion, Tune up 2010 has made my fsx run a lot better - might be a good investment at only £30 for a new copy or £18 for an upgrade from a previous version

Happy Landings

Zakk

The above also has a considerable positive effect on the Discus models

Zakk

• 1 month later...