Multiplayer

VulcanB2

Hi,

I see the other thread on multiplayer, but wondered if anyone here wanted to try out an MP session sometime in FSX?

Best regards,

Robin.

honestly I think we just need a server that is always there, on a fixed IP address. The concept that someone shares their desktop for a few mins has never worked. On the few occasions we've got a couple of guys together on the same server it *has* been good fun, but compared to other multi-player games out there the desktop-as-a-temporary-server concept is so lame.

B21

honestly I think we just need a server that is always there, on a fixed IP address. The concept that someone shares their desktop for a few mins has never worked. On the few occasions we've got a couple of guys together on the same server it *has* been good fun, but compared to other multi-player games out there the desktop-as-a-temporary-server concept is so lame.

B21

That's why I mentioned previouslly that FSINN and Copilot (will dig out the link) one version for 2004 and one for FSX. There are two servers loaded automatically and they are free and they work.

So is this option still from a desktop computer, or from a major server? Also, can both sims share the same session (meaning, can the FS2004 user see the FSX user)?

I'm all for a constant, always on, server. But it's going to cost someone to do it, isn't it?

Scott

So is this option still from a desktop computer, or from a major server? Also, can both sims share the same session (meaning, can the FS2004 user see the FSX user)?

Hi Scott,

As far as I'm aware they are both Servers. Both 2004 and FSX users can see each other and there are a couple of files you can add to show aircraft types and repaints etcetera, depending on how picky you want to be. I find these programmes easier to use over Squawkbox.

I'm all for a constant, always on, server. But it's going to cost someone to do it, isn't it?

Will look into this one tomorrow but as far as I can tell they may well be free as they are both installed on initial instalation (you don't have an option that I have seen not to).

...and there are a couple of files you can add to show aircraft types and repaints etcetera, depending on how picky you want to be.

Wow, now that would be great, cause I don't think FSHost can do that. And it would definitely get rid of the cessna as a glider replacement.

Will look into this one tomorrow but as far as I can tell they may well be free as they are both installed on initial instalation (you don't have an option that I have seen not to).

Thanks James! If you get a chance before looking for the answer, can you also look up how many individual servers a person/organization can have?

Scott

Hi Scott,

Right, have not had a reply as yet to my email but looking within the GTX Gaming site I dug out the following :-

A Fully Managed Small (2Gig) Dedicated Server. 9 Servers with Free Mumble Voice Server @ £64.99 monthly with a 10% discount on quarterly payments.

An individual Server is £70.56 (32 slot) for 6months. Free Mumble Voice Server.

As I don't know as to how many would be using it per day or even on Competitions I wouldn't have a clue as to which one to go for? Maybe a single Server but up it to 50 slots?

In regards to FSInn/Copilot and the two servers that are installed - Apollo and FSFDT. These both use Teamspeak as their voice server and the information given on connecting to either is - Apollo3 = Private Server: Use this server as your own and FSFDT = Private Server: behave well, have fun! Server is undergoing maintainance therefore expect sudden disconnections.

Going to see how things pan out my end over the next couple of months as I may well setup a game and teamspeak server for a year. See how things go as to whehter it's worth carrying it on.

Thanks for tracking down the info James.

Scott

Not a problem, all that needs doing now is finding out how many (on a daily basis) would use a dedicated server and how many would usually enter an online glider comp... Then I can decide on how many slots I'd go for.

Edited :- Also whether to make it password protected to?