FSX dreams (sloped runway)

horst18519

Don't you wish FSX could look like this? (I mean the runway, not the blurred textures :D )

I do!

Trick question?

Careful Thorsten, you are opening up a big can of worms for yourself. Of course I do, and probably 99% of everyone else that will post an answer here.

Good luck to Aerosoft after this. I hope the forums do not crash from too much traffic.

Win loose or draw, this is getting exciting.

As FSX is a phase - out model by now, I would like to see those runways in the new Aerosoft Sim! for me it doesn`t matter if ai - traffic can handle this ... the main point is, that a sloped or bumpy runway is a great challenge and a good thing to exercise ...

• Upvote 1

I wish it could, but only if it avoids the thousand other downfalls of the flightsim that already delivers sloped runways.

But if this would mean no AI traffic then I could live without slopes.

AI traffic is actually possible, but only within missions - so not the AI most of us expect. Still, think about a runway like this combined with a very difficult approach, wouldn't that make nice multiplayer fun? We need to host an IVAO event on one of these runways someday. :)

The question for me is if I had to brake more or less than on a normal "FS-standart" Runway?

Or is this change only visual?

But.. a nice first try! With them on Frankfurt. But when, with the reality "unevenness".. and the sound of the plastic in the cockpit and the crying pilots "my beautiful plaaane" :D

Yes, you can feel the slope when braking as well as accelerating. Plus it's very difficult to touch down as the ground approaches faster than usual, so prepare your passengers for some uncomfortable landings. :lol: