German Airfields 2

Jigedi

Hi.

I have just purchased the GA2 package and I have the problem, that there are no "lead in lights" visible at the aiport EDHK Kiel at both beginnings of the runway.

There is a picture of the airport and the described lead in lights in the manual and I can see the metal construction where the lights are mounted. Therefore I assume they were intended to be iluminated. Could you please advise if I have done something wrong or if it is a bug?

Also the runway lights seem to be very dark to me. The runway becomes visible in the dark very late.

I am running FSX with SP2 installed.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards

Jigedi

Ok, let me explain a bit:

Lights are always a bit tricky in FSX. Some use old FS8/FS9 code for it which works fine in most cases. For the Airfields we first tried something with fx, but as nice as those were with SP1 they didn't work with SP2 anymore. So I tried something with FSX materials (only here at EDHK) which seemed to work fine, but obviously not for all. Maybe this is graphics card related, I'm not sure.

We've now abandoned this light method although it was promising at first and looks (if it works) rather nice.

Now, EDHK in reality is a non-controlled area/airport since about 2 years now. I drive along the 4-lane road west of the runway (which crosses the approach lights) almost every day and I only see those lights on about once a year (when an aircraft is doing an IFR landing, which almost never happens anymore here). So, those lights being off is rather realistic for EDHK.

This might not be the answer you were hoping for, but at least it's as real as it gets. :blush::D