GPS

Lighthorse

GPS not defined.

I Entered the code for a GPS in the panel.cfg and all I get is a black screen with no GPS.

I also would like to get the AH to come up. Is there any way of

defining that to come up in a corner of the screen.

also I would like the gauge's on a secondary monitor.

I would also like the GPS to show up on a third monitor.

The other two monitors are separate computers.

With the Sim I fly now the flight sim is on the 38"

the server and Instruments are on a different computer

with a 28" and the GPS and flight info is on a different computer

with a 15". So basically I want to set up a similar setup.

K

I don't know, what you want to tell me with your post.

But I try to answer the "questions" I understand.

GPS not defined.

No idea, what you mean here.

I Entered the code for a GPS in the panel.cfg and all I get is a black screen with no GPS.

Don't know, what you've made, but generally the cfg is the same as in other planes.

I also would like to get the AH to come up. Is there any way of defining that to come up in a corner of the screen.

No, no way

also I would like the gauge's on a secondary monitor.

No way, because these gauges are 3d gauges wich can't be moved or something. You can only lay the DISPLAYS of the C4 and the PDA to a second monitor if you define it in the cfg. But no switch

I would also like the GPS to show up on a third monitor.

You must modify the panel.cfg for this and then drag it to the monitor

The other two monitors are separate computers.

With the Sim I fly now the flight sim is on the 38"

the server and Instruments are on a different computer

with a 28" and the GPS and flight info is on a different computer

with a 15". So basically I want to set up a similar setup.

I don't know how you can make it, I've never done it. Maybe it is possible maybe not, I don't know.

Joachim

If you want to display a number on the screen, you will need to add a gauge to the panel. If you've never done it, practice on something really simple first, e.g. the DG808S. Don't ask me for help.

So here's your first add-on aircraft with enough complexity to have a documented API...

The SDI C4 is making it's calculated readings available in realtime in variables readable by any other gauge in the panel.

NOTE YOU CAN ****READ**** THESE VARIABLES, BUT IF YOU EVER WRITE TO THEM THE SDI C4 WILL DISPLAY SOME ABERRANT BEHAVIOUR. DO ****NOT**** ATTEMPT TO MODIFY THE C4 ITSELF, JUST READ THESE VARS FROM ANOTHER GAUGE.

(L:B21_C4_arrival_height, meters) - this is the expected arrival height MSL at the next waypoint. (as requested)

(L:B21_C4_ah_set, meters) - this is the safety margin offset for arrival height given in the C4 'AH' setting, so the mid-display will subtract this value from the above.

(L:B21_C4_distance_to_go, meters) - distance to the next flightplan waypoint or mission point-of-interest

(L:B21_C4_wp_bearing, radians) - bearing to the next flightplan waypoint or mission point-of-interest

(L:B21_C4_indicated_altitude, meters) - this is the internally computed altimeter reading, adjusted by your pressure setting

(L:B21_C4_cursor, number) - the current cursor position selected on the C4

(L:B21_C4_maccready, meters per second) - the users current maccready setting

(L:B21_C4_climb_average, meters per second) - the current computed climb average

(L:B21_C4_te, meters per second) - total energy vario reading

(L:B21_C4_netto, meters per second) - netto variometer reading

Note you can change the 'units' when you read these variables, and they'll convert as expected, e.g. you could read (L:B21_C4_arrival_height, feet) rather than meters. Of course you can also use the general FSX variables, such as (A:AIRSPEED TRUE, meters per second). The XML gauge docs are all in the SDK. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you probably shouldn't be considering using these variables.

B21

Yes I have all this stuff working in other planes including the 808s. But because the PDA in the DiscusX is 

to small and does not show all the detail of the GPS I use in the other sailplanes, I wish to be able to bring it up.

I do know what needs to be put in the panel.cfg the problem is all I get is a black screen when I select the GPS.

Even if I put the simple stock GPS coding in that is used in the 808, I still get black screen.

I get your point about the small size of the panel in FSX - the fact is all the instruments are less readable than the real thing in a real aircraft. I haven't experimented with the front-back axis on my TrackIR yet, maybe that will make zoom-in more natural than using the '=' key... I know with some instruments you can 'float' them at a larger size somewhere in the field of vision but this isn't ideal either and won't work with gauges actually modelled in 3D.

For my use of the iPaq in the Discus, I just like the fact the track from the flightplan is clearly marked on the screen, so the relative bearing of the waypoint is clear. So I can fly with the C4 on the 'Distance' cursor setting (gives distance-to-go on the bottom row, arrival height above that) and rely on the iPaq for the direction...

B21