Preview Ibiza X

Rainer Duda

Rainer Duda

Do you (simwings) really plan to remake all old sceneries? I mean:

PS: for fs9 of course :)

I'm sorry, it's not possible for me to give any information what sceneries Thorsten or Manfred (simwings) will remake in the future.

That's (sadly) not my part. (sadly because I would like to see all of them as a FS9-remake ;) )

ciao,

Rainer.

• Developer

Hi,

a few month ago we had an internal discussion at Sim-Wings together with our scenery developing friends and we all have decided to continue with FS2004 (until further notice).

So as long as virtual pilots use, ask for (and buy) FS9 sceneries, we at Sim-Wings continue to develope for both simulators Fs2004 and FSX simultanously. Even if this means a lot of extra work for us.

Expect a lot of new stuff for the old sim in the future:-)

Thorsten Loth, sim-wings

PS: This does not mean that we think FS2004 is better, or FSX is worth. We think that it´s simply that all users have their personal reasons and preferences to use this or the other sim. Or both.

Hi,

a few month ago we had an internal discussion at Sim-Wings together with our scenery developing friends and we all have decided to continue with FS2004 (until further notice).

So as long as virtual pilots use, ask for (and buy) FS9 sceneries, we at Sim-Wings continue to develope for both simulators Fs2004 and FSX simultanously. Even if this means a lot of extra work for us.

Thorsten Loth, sim-wings

PS: This does not mean that we think FS2004 is better, or FSX is worth. We think that it´s simply that all users have their personal reasons and preferences to use this or the other sim. Or both.

This is very good news, and also the screenshots of Ibiza are looking great! Keep up the good work :)

Hi,

Thorsten Loth, sim-wings

While I can respect this decision I do have a question, do the FSX versions begin and finish as true FSX design or are they FS9 versions made to work in FSX? I ask as there are some features that are FSX only, photoreal resolution for example. Ibiza has some amazing clarity from freeware sources, resolution that FS9 can't display. If I purchase an addon, I wish for it to be as FSX native as possible and not an FS9 coded project made to work in FSX. I know that means more work (dual SDK exporting, etc), but I do need some clarification as I want to purchase this when released.

Ibiza is just a classic place to hit, especially landing to the west at sunset. I had some very special moments there in FS9.

I hope the FSX releases will not be behind FS9 by much (or not at all :) ). Aerosoft helped convince me to switch, and FS9 is not even on my new system. :D

Looking forward to another great release.

Joe

• Developer

@ MCDesign

Of course will the FSX version make use of the new FSX features (when making sense). As an Example: The terrain resolution in FSX is 0,5m instead of 4,7 in FS9. (The airport Ground is 0,5m in both versions).

@ JPL19

FS9 and FSX version will be released together as we develope them parallel.

Thorsten

we all have decided to continue with FS2004 (until further notice).

So as long as virtual pilots use, ask for (and buy) FS9 sceneries, we at Sim-Wings continue to develope for both simulators Fs2004 and FSX simultanously. Even if this means a lot of extra work for us. Expect a lot of new stuff for the old sim in the future

Thorsten,

This is by far the best ever statement from addon developers many of us could receive.

I know there are still a lot of us, FS9ers, and understanding the basic rules of economy I wish you a lot of success in selling your FS9 products.

I will definitely support your work by purchase. I can't frankly say I'm interested in ANY airport that might be recreated, but in many yes, for sure.

Thank you for this decision and let's hope it will turn out positive for all of us.

• Developer

to answer some of your questions:

The castle will be part of the city, but we do not rebuilt every single house at Eivissa Ciudad.

Not sure if we can manage to reworke ALL of our sceneries. But most.

Thorsten

Hi,

Thorsten Loth, sim-wings

Thanks for the support Thorsten, on fs9 I do have both sims mostly fs9 for big airports ai traffic etc etc but I'm happy to hear that you will continue on making both versions, you guys at simwings are at the top of the best designers in flightsim business.

Yes, 'Balears X and Gibraltar', after Menorca was finished.

Just got back from 10 days in Menorca. Last time was 2 years ago. Airport has changed so much since then.

Can we expect to see a Menorca X in near future with all the changes?

Would be excellent news as Menorca is a beautiful island...

• Developer

Can we expect to see a Menorca X in near future with all the changes?

Would be excellent news as Menorca is a beautiful island...

What did I wrote? Menorca X will follow Ibiza to complete the Balears and offcourse in the actuall form. Thorsten specially visit the airport last month.

WOW!!! This is soooooo much better than the current Ibiza and so much detail. I can't wait to enter my credit card details when this is released..... and Rainer, your screenshots are amazing!!wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

na Aerosoft, wo bleibt denn die Scenery? Das Handbuch schreiben dauert wohl wieder was? rolleyes.gif

Hirthflieger, ungeduldig werden bringt gar nichts... nur die Ruhe bewahren. Es wird kommen, wenn es fertig ist...

Good things come to those who wait...

Andrew