Beaver dhc 2 package

elmer

I regret having to post this but I need help. All the other planes I have I can drag instrument panels, gps, radio, what ever I need to create a 2nd monitor carrying all instruments needed and at same time have my plane in F11 locked spot and have very good control of flight but I seem to be a bumbling idiot trying to accomplish same thing with Beaver. I ask for any and all comments that will perhaps enlighten me as to how I can accomplish the above and enjoy beaver. Its not my intention to get accused of throwing rocks as all I want to do is learn what everyone else has, I guess, already learned--there must be a simple way

thanks much

eray9s

eray9s@sbcglobal.net

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Did you ever get the file that I sent for the pop-up GPS in the BeaverX, the main reason for asking is that

your E-Mail address on the post requesting the mod is a different one from the one in you subsequent posts.

The one that I sent the mod to was @sncglobal.net.

As for the other gauges, I also have a mod for pop-ups of the GPS unit, engine instruments and radio stack

that I made for another forum member, if it’s of any use.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

Guest Hodge001

Hi again

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, this is what the mod for the BeaverX looks like from the VC point of view,

all the pop-up gauges are opened and closed by invisible click spots added to the existing VC instruments, is this the sort

of pop up panels that you are after.

Jim Hodkinson

post-9108-125443227735_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi again

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, this is what the mod for the BeaverX looks like from the VC point of view,

all the pop-up gauges are opened and closed by invisible click spots added to the existing VC instruments, is this the sort

of pop up panels that you are after.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi

The files and installation instructions are on the way to..

eray9s@sbcglobal.net

I hope it’s of some use, any problems just contact me and

I will try my best to assist.

Have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

Guest Hodge001

Hi Fritz

Happy to help, the files are on the way.

Any problems just drop me a line.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hodge001

Hi

Files sent.

If you hit any problems just drop me a line and I will try my best to assist.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

Guest Hodge001

Hi Shaun

Apologies for the delay in replying, I forgot to add a notification of replies to the post, I had a slight blond moment

for a while, but I’m better now.

As for the BeaverX panel mod, the mod itself is contains a full standard panel.cfg file, the installation instructions for

adding the gauges by hand to the panel.cfg if you wish to, and three invisible click-spot gauges for the Radio Stack,

Engine Instruments and of course the GPS unit pop-ups, and that’s it.

The gauges are just simple xml gauges that toggle the individual pop-up windows, and the whole mod including a little pic

of the installed modification weighs in at just over 1MB zipped.

I have never bothered uploading it to anywhere, as originally it was just for an exercise in gauge and panel work, it was

only after a few users commented on the GPS unit that I offered to send it to any individuals that wanted it.

If forum members want access I have no problem uploading it.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi Shaun

I have just uploaded the BeaverX panel mod to the downloads general section, it didn’t seem to belong anywhere else,

as requested the file will not be uploaded to any other site.

I hope it helps some of the forums Beaver pilots out a little.

Thanks for the invitation to upload it.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

Hi Shaun

I have just uploaded the BeaverX panel mod to the downloads general section, it didn't seem to belong anywhere else,

as requested the file will not be uploaded to any other site.

I hope it helps some of the forums Beaver pilots out a little.

Thanks for the invitation to upload it.

Jim Hodkinson

Great job Jim, thanks for share with us this panel mod.

Guest Hodge001

Hi Francisco

Thank you for the complement, and I hope you enjoy the panel mod, if you should run into any problems (and I pretty sure that you shouldn’t)

just drop me a line at the E-Mail address in the installation instructions, and I will try my best to assist.

Have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hodge001

Hi

As Shaun requested that it might be easier for the forum user to access the file if it was in the forum downloads section, I uploaded the Pop-Up GPS and Instruments mod to the downloads general section.

As for the gauge sounds, yes it exists and the mod should be available through Aerosofts main support section.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi Paul

Your more than welcome, that’s what we are al here for, to help where we can, and especially in my case learn what we can.

Have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• Aerosoft

Hi Paul

Your more than welcome, that's what we are al here for, to help where we can, and especially in my case learn what we can.

Have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Jim, contact us on support@aerosoft.com so we can send you a free download product to show we appreciate what you are doing to help others.

Guest Hodge001

Hi Mathijs

Thenk you very much for both the kind words, and the extreamly generous offer, one that I have to admit I really appriciate and it’s an offer that to freely quote Brando “you’ve made me an offer I can’t refuse”, so a contact E-Mail is on the way.

Once again thank you very much.

By the way I got Ibiza yesterday, and even with my some of my more systems intensive FSX aircraft, the framerates are brilliant.

Jim Hodkinson