Discus installer

daveywavy

Joachim

I again seek your help. To try and solve an issue with FSX I unloaded and reinstalled everything (including Acceleration). Now I cannot get installer for Discus to work. Message is:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp(140)

PAPP:

PVENDOR:

PGUID

$

@WindowsXP Service Pack3(2600)

IE Version: 6.0.2900.5512.

Also cannot install WinchX, CumulusX, Sim_Probe with message:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\WinchX\Winch.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Same message appears with CumulusX, and Sim_Probe( with last two entries of the line changing to match these)

The Exe.xml files seem ok in their correct location.

FSUICP4 and Aerotow loaded no problem. Maybe I did not delete all of Acceleration and reloaded on top of old install. System Restore does not work for me (neither in Safe Mode)

Have you and/or Peter L. any idea how to sort this out before I tear all my hair out!!

regards

daveywavy

Joachim

Further to my first post, I now have all working except for Discus. Will still not install and gives me same error message.

Have searched Internet for answer but found none. Problem seems to be met by gamers trying to install their programs. I wonder if your colleague has replied and I have missed it elsewhere among the topics.

If not, looks like I am stuck until such time I decide on HD wipe clean and reload OS!! A shortlived but interesting acquaintance with Discus.

regards

daveywavy

Raphael

Sorry Raphael but not clear what you ask for. When attempting to install Discus the message on screen is exactly as I stated in my first post.(Not strictly an 'error' message but install will go no further)

regards

daveywavy

• Aerosoft

Raphael

Sorry Raphael but not clear what you ask for. When attempting to install Discus the message on screen is exactly as I stated in my first post.(Not strictly an 'error' message but install will go no further)

regards

daveywavy

Let me ask the installer guys to help with this. Please stay in the holding until further instructions.