Condor no longer benchmark?

Peter Lürkens

Found this on a german Condor forum, regarding speculation about a new Condor release:

"OK, wenn wir dann mal dynamisches Wetter haben, oder realistische Hangwinde. Wird cool."

in English:

"OK, once we have got dynamic weather or REALISTIC ridge lift. Will be cool."

Always supposed Condor being the benchmark for realistic soaring simulation. Maybe we passed it with FSX?

Cheers,

Peter

Always supposed Condor being the benchmark for realistic soaring simulation. Maybe we passed it with FSX?

With the excellent tools now available to support gliding, combined with the available sceneries around the world and growing list of glider types (albeit a small list), FSX is the way to go.

I hope Aerosoft and the development team cashes in on the groundwork laid by the Discuss and generates a few more types to keep the momentum going in this area.

With the excellent tools now available to support gliding, combined with the available sceneries around the world and growing list of glider types (albeit a small list), FSX is the way to go.

I hope Aerosoft and the development team cashes in on the groundwork laid by the Discuss and generates a few more types to keep the momentum going in this area.

Yeah some nice modern ships would be nice,like those in Condor, after all the Discus is a vintage design (over 25 years old!). Mind you a lot of people have lost interest in Condor due to the lack of promised developments i.e. Plane Pack 2

There is of course the chance this thread turns into a Condor vs FSX fanboy flame war. I've been a longtime Msoft FS supporter (hehe I remember going to the trouble of installing thermal scenery in fs2002) and I think my bias has been because of the quality of FS scenery as you're generally low and slow in a glider. But hey, it's even possible to write a fun soaring simulation with *no* 3d graphics (here).

But Condor's multiplayer support seems to be in a different league from FSX's. Each of these things is sortable in theory (Condor scenery, FSX multiplayer soaring).

B21