BIKF Scenery for FS9/FSX?

Frode Skibrek

As I previously has said , you guys at Aerosoft truly amaze me. The quality in your addons ara astonishing. HOWEVER, when that is said, in a post abut the new EHAM-scenery I requested a new northern European scenery, like BIKF(Keflavik,Iceland) or EKCH (Copenhagen,Denmark). Both would be great cause there are no good freeware scenery that gives these places the little extra. Sure.. those sceneries existing are nice, but not breathtaking, as the scandinavian nature. Now , I hope more people will join me in this request for BIKF/EKCH. To get the reply I did from Mathijs Kok was great, so I hope we will see this possibly next in line after EHAM ;) No Rush. hehe.

As I previously has said , you guys at Aerosoft truly amaze me. The quality in your addons ara astonishing. HOWEVER, when that is said, in a post abut the new EHAM-scenery I requested a new northern European scenery, like BIKF(Keflavik,Iceland) or EKCH (Copenhagen,Denmark). Both would be great cause there are no good freeware scenery that gives these places the little extra. Sure.. those sceneries existing are nice, but not breathtaking, as the scandinavian nature. Now , I hope more people will join me in this request for BIKF/EKCH. To get the reply I did from Mathijs Kok was great, so I hope we will see this possibly next in line after EHAM ;) No Rush. hehe.

I think Aerosoft are making complete Iceland, including Keflavík airport. They are making it for Fsx, but I really hope they are also doing it for fs9, at least the airports.

Þórður Þ. Sigurjónsson

Keflavík, Iceland

Dear Mr Kok. It is happy reading to see that your company asess the possibility to develop ascenery for Keflavik. As a user of FS2004, I sincerly hope that you will continue the great Mega Airport trend and make it compatible with both FS2004 and FSX. PMDG has in my opinion made a huge underestimation of the flight sim sales market, when they stop producing addons for FS2004. I cincerly hope Aerosoft will not do the same. I have bought a LOT of your products and will keep it up as long as all this good stuff keeps comming. I am AMAZED about your rendition of Innsbruck. The night textures are simply stunning. Bremen and Hamburg are also GREAT additions to our hobby, espescially now , as i have learned my self to operate the PMDG MD-11. Your scenery totaly completes my sim-experience, and takes it to a new level.

We got EGLL,LFPG,and many other great airports in central europe. Dont you think it is time to put some focus on some of the worlds NOT so well known airports? Kastrup,Copenhagen instantly pops to my mind, so does also Moscow airport ( Cant remember the name rinht now.... demodovevj or something like that??) These are heavily trafficed APs both in real life and on VATSIM.

Another idea is that you maybe could work together with World of AI and make a product that contains all their AI-packages and make one installer for them all, thats lets you tick of wich airlines youve wish to install. In reality it is only imagination that sets the boundary for what can be done with creative minds.

Have a great weekend, sir.

Thank you for your time,and hope to hear from you soon.

With regards.

Frode Skibrek

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid the chances of Iceland being developed for FS9 as well as FSX are low. At the moment FSX-only is the target.

In that case, you just made a customer angry and leave.... No more Areosoft for me if that is the case. And I have spent a LOT of money with you guys. But... hey... If you cut away FS2004, see you in bankrupcy-court in about a year, cause you are cutting away ca 75-80 % of the FS-community doing that....Is that not kind of stupid? In that case you are no better than any other of the other companies that turns their back on us. TRAITORS! That is the thanks we get for supporting you through many years????? Yeah right... At least that is MY point of wiew....And hey.. I am only one, right? This might sound hars, but today, this is becomming an increasing bigger and bigger for us wich cant afford computers wich runs fsx good enough....

• Upvote 2

Frode, we had this discussion lots of times in the past weeks. I'm kindly asking you to edit your post to make it a bit less offensive. I can understand that you're disappointed, still this thread is not about FS9 vs. FSX, and the final decision about BIKF is not made yet, so please edit your post or it is likely to be removed from the discussion.

• Upvote 1

How can you say his remarks are offensive?? He is just telling you how dissapointed and abandoned he feels, just like the rest of us FS2004 users. Let's not forget it got AS to where it is today! If we can not tell what we think or would like from a developer then there is no point to having a forum.

In that case, you just made a customer angry and leave.... No more Areosoft for me if that is the case. And I have spent a LOT of money with you guys. But... hey... If you cut away FS2004, see you in bankrupcy-court in about a year, cause you are cutting away ca 75-80 % of the FS-community doing that....Is that not kind of stupid? In that case you are no better than any other of the other companies that turns their back on us. TRAITORS! That is the thanks we get for supporting you through many years????? Yeah right... At least that is MY point of wiew....And hey.. I am only one, right? This might sound hars, but today, this is becomming an increasing bigger and bigger for us wich cant afford computers wich runs fsx good enough....

Frode, to be honest with you it looks to me that you are abusing the fact that you are not face-to-face with a real person having a discussion. I'll bet you would never be this harsh if an Aerosoft representative was sitting across the table from you at some pub discussing these issues. Am I right? ;)

Perhaps this is the "equally foolish" part of Einsteins quote in action...

• Upvote 1

I really want to be polite, nothing else is fair. Plese Iceland makers, can you make at least BIKF airport for fs9. I´m living here in Keflavik, Iceland my self, and FSX is not a option for me because of low money income (there is a financally crisis here in Iceland at the moment). So, no new powerful computers for FSX. Hope you will consider this.

Thank you,

Þórður Þ. Sigurjónsson

Iceland

We are in contact with some locals, trying to find a solution that is best for all. As we said before: You cannot simply adjust an FSX scenery for use in FS9 and vice versa. So it is nothing less than an economical question for us.

• Upvote 1

We are in contact with some locals, trying to find a solution that is best for all. As we said before: You cannot simply adjust an FSX scenery for use in FS9 and vice versa. So it is nothing less than an economical question for us.

Wait until it comes to the market , and see how it sells before you take the sorrows. Why not make a FS9-sceneryfor it self? Why MUST everything be converted FROM FSX...BULL##### if you ask me... You made FS9-scenery fine before FSX was released, so quit complaining. A Iceland-pack will probably become your bestselling item through history, so claiming economy, well.... I dont bite.... If i am wrong, i will personally eat my hat...

• Upvote 1

Frode, to be honest with you it looks to me that you are abusing the fact that you are not face-to-face with a real person having a discussion. I'll bet you would never be this harsh if an Aerosoft representative was sitting across the table from you at some pub discussing these issues. Am I right? wink.gif

Perhaps this is the "equally foolish" part of Einsteins quote in action...

Actually, Due to the subject I would. This is something I and many more have dreaded for years, since FSX first was released. The companies who GOT the knowledge about making proffesional sceneries for fs9 quits making them, because they think there is MORE money in FSX. WELL... IT IS NOT. 60-75 % of all flightsimmers are still running FS9, so either this is a tactical move from the addon-producers, or the addon-producers beeing pushed by Microsoft to make FSX a more attractive product, Aerosoft,PMDG and others should keep up the production for both sim-versions. Not desert us like scared chickens when things gets though. To blame the economics crisis is no option. Other and smaller comapnies are still making good buisniess,even ABACUS wich MANY simmers has hoped to see go under for years (Me included), so quit wining and start work. Dont waste time on arguing anymore against all us FS9ers. We got the best argumensts and u know it. I dont care ******* about if people are online or in my face. I always say what I mean anyhow. People should accept me for who i am. And if an Aerosoft representative WOULD meet me here in Trondheim, I would be glad, cause that would show that they take us FS9ers serious. To just quit on people shows in my opinion a lack of respect for its customers and that is not good for buisniess either..... So.... to finish this up... YES it is a double-edge-sword......

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I think I was one of those locals that Thore was refering to. I at first agreed with the others here regarding FS2004, and lost interest immediately in the Aerosoft project when I found out it was only for FSX. However, I am getting tired of FS9's CTD's so I am now as we speak installing FSX and looking at some Aerosoft products to install for it. I now see that Iceland has no scenery, not even freeware, for FSX so I think saying that this is an economic failure for Aerosoft is wrong. So at this present time I must disagree with the others.

FS2004 has many freeware sceneries at payware quality so the market must be very difficult for Aerosoft. However, a while ago I saw some screenshots of Iceland X and I was not so impressed, some areas the default looked better even. But since now I am becoming an FSX user, I'd like to help out again and maybe better the beta version.

Is this project still in the works?

Thanks!

-Jóhann

Jóhann,

As far as I know the progress is still in progress. I will move to Iceland in april, to fly.

I will help Thorsten with pictures from the airport or maybe other air photos.

He might as well come and visit me so he can get the photos that he wants.

Glad to know you're helping too!

Kindest,

Kristian

First things first: Frode, to give up on an entire company just because they are likely not to make the thing you want them to do make is absurd, don't you think? I mean, look at what you say: "I invested lots of money in you". So, how is that relevant? You paid them for what you got. You can not buy products of a company and then demand they make something which you specifically request. You can kindly ask them, but you can not demand. Why can't you? Because you are not paying them to do it. The products you bought and the money you paid for these products are only related to those products. You pay for the work they did. You can not draw the conclusion "I paid money for product X, so I think you have to make product Y". That's simply absurd.

Problem is, I'm seeing this trend more on more over the recent months. People that buy a product from a company seem to think they own the company, and therefor can ask the company to do whatever they think is necessary. Don't you people see how messed up this perspective is?

That said, I do support KIBF for FS9. KIBF is a nice stop-over on my way to Greenland. I really don't need the entire island, only KIBF would be more than enough for me.

(Yes I know Thorsten said not to talk about FS9 and FSX, but I don't think I'm going towards the sort of discussion he forbade us to have)

• Upvote 1

It would be very nice to get Keflavík airport done by Aerosoft in FS9, there is no payware airport of Keflavík (in fs9) and the two or three airports that is already on the market has low quality and not detailed. I know, the developer is thinking also about the icelandic mesh, in my point of view, it is not the most important thing for fs9, I would agree that it would only be made for fsx (if that would be a problem to make it for both versions), but the airports would be made both for fs9 and fsx.

Regards,

Þórður S.

Keflavík, Iceland

As soon as I have enough photos (and we got the aerial images for the airports) I can tell you more about FSX-FS9, at the moment I'm still waiting for spring time. Several people already offered me help and assistance with photos, and that is highly appreciated. :)

• Upvote 1

Yeah I am trying out now the other freeware Icelandic sceneries for FSX and most of them come out really really bad, but BIKF is fine, and Gjögur (region where I'm from, BIGJ, so that's good! :)).

So I'm encouraging Aerosoft to continue the FSX Iceland project.

But about photos, you know Google does help a lot ;)

- Jói

• 4 weeks later...

You should add the volcano into FSX Iceland scenery. They say it will be erupting for the next year anyway. Maybe make an option "Instal Volcano?" "Uninstall Volcano?" :)

Lots of VFR traffic and helo's flying around it.