Ctrl+Shft+W doesn't work

martinlest

Well, it usually does work, but a number of times, quite out of the blue (so to speak), when I arrive at an AES airport, pressing Ctrl+Shift+W (or F9, F10..) doesn't bring up the AES menu (this is FS9). I am using v.2.03 at the moment (will install 2.04 later), but the same thing has happened in previous versions too. I have checked the Lago (Vistamare) options - key assignments shows Ctrl+Shift+W as "Cycle transp interf. windows" - Application is "ViMaCore". Is that what should be there? That's the only entry..

When I open the AES help, no errors show, and the airport (it can be any) is shown as active with full credits.

Anyone else get this (I stress, by no means all the time, probably only one in every couple of dozen AES flights) and know what is wrong?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi. I installed 2.04 last night - so far, airports & AES working correctly, though I've only been to two since then - but, yes, it has been an occasional problem with previous versions: as far as I can remember there is no specific airport (yesterday it was EGLL - Simwings 2008).

I'll report back next time I get the problem.

Martin

Hi. OK, I have AES v.2.04 installed, but it hasn't helped: I just arrived at LEIB - AESHELP window, Airports Activation shows it the airport as active , in green, marked FULL.

On touchdown I get the noise of the centre lights as the wheels go over them (is this not an AES function?). However, when I press Ctrl+Shift+W as I turn off the runway I get no menu window come up, so cannot access any of the AES facilities.

The FS9 menu bar/Lago/Key assignemnets has:

Application: ViMaCore Function: Cycle transp. interf. windows Keys: CTRL+SHIFT+W

In the FS9 menu, Controls, Assignments window, CTRL+SHIFT+W is not assigned to anything.

I'd really like to fix this of course!! Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi. Hope you enjoyed your break - welcome back!

No, I left from an airport which isn't AES. A couple of days back I did fly from one AES airport to another though: the AES worked fine at the departure, but I couldn't get the menu up at the arrival airport.

Martin

Also, whilst waiting for a response re. above, can I just note that now I have installed 2.04, when the menu does come up at the departure airport, I can't seem to keep it closed. I press F9 to close the it, or click on the X on the window itself, but it just keeps reappearing of its own accord. Before I taxi away I have to close the menu several times: in previous version the menu only appeared when I pressed Ctrl+Shift+W. Now it appears to have a mind of its own!

Well, that's just a small annoyance in the end - not getting the menu at all at AES airports is a much bigger one, so await response (particularly about how to troubleshoot this when the problem occurs)! :-)

Thanks,

Martin

• Developer

The problem with the reopening of the AES Window is a known issue, is already fix, but still in testing.

When you arrive at a the airport and you hear the sounds at the runway and the jetways at the Terminal are not missing (and when you start at this airport, all is fine) then AES seams to be active there. In this case, the missing popup of the window can only be an issue, that the window is not initialized correct while approaching the airport. I have never seen that before.

Can you please make a test next time you have the issue: Switch to SLEW Mode (Z Key I think), lift the aircraft a little bit (so he leave the ground), wait 15 seconds and set him back to ground, go back to normal mode. Then try again, if the window opens.

I thought I should let Martin know that he is not alone. I have had two experiences of this behaviour in the last week. I am using AES v2.04 plus the 2.04 fix, on Windows XP and FS2004. In the first case I flew from LBSF (non-AES) to LIRF (AES). On landing at LIRF I could not activate AES using the CTRL-SHIFT-W keypress, although I could hear the runway centreline bump noises. I exited FS9, then restarted at LIRF and AES was working perectly.

A few days later I flew from EGGD Bristol (AES) to EGAA Belfast (AES) and again on landing I could not activate any AES. I shutdown FS and restarted FS9 at EGAA and AES was functioning.

I know that this does not help much, but it apparently Martin's experience is not an isolated case. I am fairly certain that I have not had this problem on earlier versions of AES.

Regards,