Plane won't stop rolling

jeff3163

I can't get my F-16 to sit still. I've got to stay on the brakes or set the parking brake, or it starts rolling and increases speed. I read the forum suggesting to set throttle sensativity to 100%. I checked that, and I already was. Does anybody else have this problem? How can I fix it? Other planes sit just fine with the engine running and brakes off. It's kind of annoying that it won't stop rolling with the throttle at 0%.

Hello Jeff,

I don't have the product but have already once read a topic about it on the forum. The F-16 has such a power, that when (even in real Life) you stand still at a holdingpoint or something like that you HAVE to set your brakes. And aerosoft made it so realistic, that even this aircraft keeps rolling, unless you switch the engines off or set brakes.

Hope I could help you,

Swayze

I can't get my F-16 to sit still. I've got to stay on the brakes or set the parking brake, or it starts rolling and increases speed. I read the forum suggesting to set throttle sensativity to 100%. I checked that, and I already was. Does anybody else have this problem? How can I fix it? Other planes sit just fine with the engine running and brakes off. It's kind of annoying that it won't stop rolling with the throttle at 0%.

You will find that the planes with no load will roll and the planes with a load (bombs, wing tanks, etc.) will not roll. The F16 has enough thrust even at idle to make a plane with no load roll.

Rod

Hmmm, I don't know why, but now my plane is sitting there just fine at idle. I messed with the controller settings, and recalibrated them, but they are the same now as when I started. And I tried messing with the aircraft.cfg file to reduce static thrust, not really sure what static thrust is, but is better left alone. So I ultimately reset everything back to original specs. It just stopped rolling, after my last aircraft reset, with everything back to original configuration. Kind of like smacking the side of a TV to get the station to come in, I guess. I am currently using the Thunderbird F-16 in a clean configuration, so I don't know about the weight thing. Also I was down to 23% fuel, so it was even lighter. I wish I knew what I did, but I'm glad I can sit in the fuel box now and not run into the pumps! I hope it stays this way from now on. I also haven't tried all the other F-16s, to see if they sit still, as they have their own aircraft.cfg files. Crossing my fingers on that. In the end, I'd say make sure your controller is calibrated, and throttle sensativity is at 100%, as another post recommended.

Hmmm, I don't know why, but now my plane is sitting there just fine at idle. I messed with the controller settings, and recalibrated them, but they are the same now as when I started. And I tried messing with the aircraft.cfg file to reduce static thrust, not really sure what static thrust is, but is better left alone. So I ultimately reset everything back to original specs. It just stopped rolling, after my last aircraft reset, with everything back to original configuration. Kind of like smacking the side of a TV to get the station to come in, I guess. I am currently using the Thunderbird F-16 in a clean configuration, so I don't know about the weight thing. Also I was down to 23% fuel, so it was even lighter. I wish I knew what I did, but I'm glad I can sit in the fuel box now and not run into the pumps! I hope it stays this way from now on. I also haven't tried all the other F-16s, to see if they sit still, as they have their own aircraft.cfg files. Crossing my fingers on that. In the end, I'd say make sure your controller is calibrated, and throttle sensativity is at 100%, as another post recommended.

Well glad for you...for me the bloody plane keeps rolling forward on its own. I plugged my saitek X-52Pro Throttle to all my USB-ports, set Throttle sensativity/deadzone from 0<->100 , even let FSX make an new FSX.cfg

In the air, the plane reacts normal to the throttle idle position, and bleeds off airspeed, but once back onto the concrete, even with speedbrakes extended, it looses almost no speed, only way to stop the plane before its shoot past the end of the runway, is to stand on the wheelbrakes. From the moment I take the pressure of the wheelbrakes, it starts living on its own again :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

Well glad for you...for me the bloody plane keeps rolling forward on its own. I plugged my saitek X-52Pro Throttle to all my USB-ports, set Throttle sensativity/deadzone from 0<->100 , even let FSX make an new FSX.cfg

In the air, the plane reacts normal to the throttle idle position, and bleeds off airspeed, but once back onto the concrete, even with speedbrakes extended, it looses almost no speed, only way to stop the plane before its shoot past the end of the runway, is to stand on the wheelbrakes. From the moment I take the pressure of the wheelbrakes, it starts living on its own again angry.gif

Hello,

Well; happy to see I'm not the only one to have this problem : I'll try to think about that !

Alain.

Hello,

Well; happy to see I'm not the only one to have this problem : I'll try to think about that !

Alain.

I am thinking of rolling as in side to side. But if what was ment above was wheels rolling as in jet moving forward then I think this is quite normal since the engine is still running. Simply shut down the engine and see if still rolls or not. Yo can always appy the parking brakes above the landing lights switch and that will stop every motion. The IRIS F-16 doesn't have that roll feature at idle.

In the air, the plane reacts normal to the throttle idle position, and bleeds off airspeed, but once back onto the concrete, even with speedbrakes extended, it looses almost no speed, only way to stop the plane before its shoot past the end of the runway, is to stand on the wheelbrakes. From the moment I take the pressure of the wheelbrakes, it starts living on its own again :angry:

Mine is exactly the same if it helps, they all roll as soon as the flight loads up but a quick dab of the breaks stops the heavier F-16's in their tracks. The lighter display jets however pick up a fair bit of speed at idle unless the parking break is applied. I simply assumed this was accurate to the real aircraft?

Hello Folks,

I found my old post here that has a link which mentions the F-16 rolling along at Idle.

Thanks Shaun that was a very interesting article. Another interesting thing I found was the start up procedure for Falcon 4.0 +Patches. Before any step is taken the parking switch (above taxi lights switch) needs to be engaged which indicates that the aircaft might roll once the engine is turned on. It doesn't happen in F4 due to due poor flight modeling but it gives a hint as to what you might expect with the real thing.