EDDT2009 problems

Rafal Haczek

Hello!

I have already posted about problems I encountered after buying and installing the new Tegel 2009 (FS9).

Unfortunately no-one of the GAP team has made any comment on it. Except for Oliver, but these were actually AES-based bugs.

I don't know why, maybe the problems I'm reporting are silly and not worth discussing. Maybe they are just my FS specific problems.

Or maybe this topic has just not been noticed by the GAP support (are you there, Rainer?). In this case, I'd like to ask again.

1. Am I really the only one having floating buildings and cars crossing through the trees?

eddt002.jpg

2. Is the AFCAD OK? I'm not sure because:

a. I do not know real procedures at Tegel, so a question: is that correct that aircraft is instucted to land on 08L instead of 08R?

b. AI aircraft do backtracking on the runway (and even outside of it!)

eddt004.jpg

c. parking looks strange, e.g. usually all apron stands are full and the terminal gates are empty

eddt003_resize.jpg

3. I am also experiencing some textures problems (can be partially seen in the screen showing a backtracking aircraft).

Textures suddenly (all in one second) become blurry. I have to reload scenery (there is an option to do it) but sometimes it happens again.

Of course that may have nothing to do with this scenery itself though, strangely, I have it only here.

Let me say again: I may have these errors on my own only (but why?). Sometimes that's the way it is in MFS.

However I would really appreciate any words on it from the team. And maybe an idea what to do about that.

I do like the overall look, quality and animations of this scenery, but these 'bugs' discourage me from flying from/to Tegel.

Or maybe this topic has just not been noticed by the GAP support (are you there, Rainer?).

Hi Rafal,

I'm not GAP or Aerosoft support - "only" a beta tester and asked for screenshots. Surely the real support from Aerosoft will look for your problems.

BTW: some comments to your screens:

1) Are these cars and houses are "flying"? It looks like on your screen that they are really some meters above the ground.

2) Sadly some AI-planes are backtracking. I've seen that too.

3) Do you have an AI-traffic product installed? Which one? Because the gates are assigned to real airlines and their such called icao-codes.

And: any other sceneries around installed?

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi, Rainer!

Always nice to hear from you.

First of all accept my apology. Somehow I was sure you are a member of the GAP team. Sorry, mate! :blush:

Are these cars and houses are "flying"?

Exactly! That's why I'm wondering if I'm the only one to have this problem.

But judging from Mathijs' words (that EDDT2009 is selling very well), looks like it's only me... . WTH?

Do you have an AI-traffic product installed?

No, I don't. I use WOAI for available airlines, and all the rest I compile on my own (using Traffic Tools).

any other sceneries around installed?

No, the nearest one is EDDH and Scenery Germany 2.

I'm also a UTE user. And have the FSGenesis Europe mesh.

Surely the real support from Aerosoft will look for your problems

I hope so! Nothing yet though. Maybe I should try with my (rather poor) German in the German language support forum?

Thanks for your interest Rainer.

And looking forward to compatibility wirh Berlin VFR. Would be great!

Hi Rafal,

First of all accept my apology. Somehow I was sure you are a member of the GAP team. Sorry, mate! :blush:

No problem at all. Maybe s.o. could get this impression because of my screenshots. But that's ok. Sadly I have not enough time to read all parts of this forum every day.

No, I don't. I use WOAI for available airlines, and all the rest I compile on my own (using Traffic Tools).

So do I. So I'm sure you use AI-Aardvark Boeings and DJC/EvolveAI-Airbus for Mid-range.

Could you please examine your aircraft.cfgs from your AI-aircrafts for "atc_parking_codes"-entries?

In EDDT you'll often find "BER" (stands for Air Berlin) and "DLH" (stands for Lufthansa).

But also CFG (Condor), AUA (Austrian) or SWR (Swiss), SAS (Scandinavian), IBE (Iberia) or KLM or have own gates.

And they park correctly if the aircrafts have the correct atc_parking_code and the airfile has the correct radius for gates.

But they fit in my eyes.

First maybe useful for AFCAD-problems:

Do you know the utility "scanafd" (look at avsim.com for scanafd.zip)

Then please check your system for double AFCADs.

Second:

Only for a test: could you please deactivate the Euromesh and UT-Europe (but for UT-Europe you have to run the UT-Utility as far as I know), because I think it normally deactivates some standard-bgls during install.

Maybe it would be a good idea to deactivate in a step all other sceneries but EDDT and then try out what addons leads to your problems.

And could you please post here your scenery.cfg?

Sorry - only standard-questions. But otherwise we won't find it.

Are you common with AFCAD from Lee? If yes, it would be helpful for further tests.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Rainer,

could get this impression because of my screenshots

Yes, indeed. But also due to the fact you're both German (hence GAP) and very professional and helpful (hence support) in your posts.

Now I know you're just a good guy I myself am trying to be. LOL

Could you please examine your aircraft.cfgs from your AI-aircrafts for "atc_parking_codes"-entries?

Well, I always pay a lot of attention to such details, but I will folow your suggestion and recheck them today.

Do you know the utility "scanafd" (look at avsim.com for scanafd.zip) Then please check your system for double AFCADs.

Yep, I use it on a regular basis, together with ACA200X http://aifs.pvdveen.net/download.htm .

So, I'm sure there are no double AFCADs for Tegel in my FS.

could you please deactivate the Euromesh and UT-Europe (...) and (...) deactivate in a step all other sceneries but EDDT

To be honest this is something I won't do since my present FS world is quite complex, precisely tweaked and territorially based on UTE and fit to it. So I would risk too much. But I also think this is (possible compatibility with such popular addons like UTE and FSG) something to test for the scenery beta team (not you, not you, lol) rather than me. For this reason even if it turned out to be incompatible, I would rather stop using EDDT2009 instead of spoiling my whole FS continent! :P

Are you common with AFCAD from Lee?

Sure, I guess I will tweak this AFCAD file on my own.

Thanks again for your time and effort. Will let you know if I fix something.

By the way: you don't have the floating (flying) houses and cars, do you, Rainer?

I don't know how many of them there are, but I usually watch them right behind the parallel fence while taxiing to the terminal after vacating 08 runways.

So it would be somewhere along the SE taxiway.

Hi Rafal,

By the way: you don't have the floating (flying) houses and cars, do you, Rainer?

of course not. Otherwise we would have reported it to the designer. Like other faults. :)

I have installed FSGlobal (another 76m Mesh for Europe), without a problem. So why should the very good FSGenesis-mesh be a problem? Nearly impossible.

And I use a own-"compiled"-composition of Ultimate Terrain, All Roads of Europe and VFR-Germany (in this case VFR-Berlin). With all my knowledge of designing LWMs and VTPs no problems. So it's very funny to see flying houses in the south east of the airport. But why? Hmmmm... I hope you'll find the problem. So please inform us if you could solve it.

BTW: At the moment I have a problem with some FranceVFR-sceneries, a "funny" CTD without an error-report on my FS. Very strange to find and to exclude the problem, so I'm nearly in the same position as you are. :)

Ciao,

Rainer.