A new simulator (September/ October issue)

# Ultralight. Ever thought about a Gyrocopter? Next to this an Eurostar, CT or Remos would be great. If you need pictures, that wouldn´t be a problem for me

Great ideas, but according to European standards the Remos isn't an ultralight. It's a plane in the LSA category :) But certainly beautiful!

Great ideas, but according to European standards the Remos isn't an ultralight. It's a plane in the LSA category :) But certainly beautiful!

Well, this is incorrect. The Remos is for sure an ultralight according to European standards. Believe me, I know it, because I fly it ;) In the US, it is in the LSA segment.

This is for sure one of the best ultralights out there on the market and it is leading sales in the LSA class. I already thought about modelling it, because I would like to use it for training, when I am not flying. However, the flight model in FSX was never satisfying for me. Maybe this will change with the new aerosoft sim. If it does, I will most probably go for it, if it is not modelled by Aerosoft directly.

I'll throw some ideas out there.

Airliner. A321, A330-300

Commuter. SAAB 340, ERJ-145XR, ERJ-175, BAe 146

Turbo Twin Engine. Cessna 340, King Air 90

Turbo Single Engine. TBM-850

VLJ (Very Light Jets). Citation Mustang

Single Trainer/ GA. Libery XL2, Bonanza,

Historical. Catalina, Beechcraft 17 Staggerwing, Lockheed 10 Electra, Douglas A-26

Helicopter. Huey, AS-350 B3, Bell 429, Agusta 109S Grand, Sikorsky S-92 (It would be nice to have a twin-engine helicopter)

Bush. Bush Hawp XP, Quest Kodiak (this could also go under "Turbo Single Engine"), Super Cub

Fighter. JAS-39C Gripen, F-16

Another idea to add:

Business Jet. Embraer Phenom (100 or 300), Bombardier Global Express XRS

Without a doubt for the Airliner I would go for the mighty B777.

Reason 1 - Globally the B747 is being replaced by the 300 series 777

Reason 2 - The B777 can be used on short(Singapore-Bangkok), medium(Dubai-Europe), and long(Sydney-LAX) routes.

Reason 3 - Many Airlines are using the 747 less and less. Lets face it running two engines will be cheaper then flying one with 4 engines.

Reason 4 - It's a very sexy looking plane. Haha

Cheer. Rick

Well, this is incorrect. The Remos is for sure an ultralight according to European standards. Believe me, I know it, because I fly it ;) In the US, it is in the LSA segment.

I stand corrected :rolleyes: Looking at the weight I figured it fell outside the ultralight category since it exceeds MTW of 450 kg (which is the limit for ultralights in the Netherlands). Then again, the Tecnam P92-S Echo I take lessons in is looked upon as an ultralight as well, although its MTW is 550 kg. The law tolerates this and I hear the MTW of the ultralight category will be raised to 650 kg in the future.

Anyway, not a discussion for this thread...

Hi,

Airliner: As an airliner I would say an airbus A330/340

Commuter: Saab 2000 or BAe 146

Turbo Twin Engine: This aircraft DO NOT CLICK ME!! dunno what aircraft type this is but the winglets are sexy...

Turbo Single Engine: Epic Dynasty LOOK!

VLJ: Epic Elite. Very Simple cockpit and cabin, definately a 'default' aircraft LOOKME2!!

Historical: Maybe the Comet? COMET COMET COMET

Helicopter: The Agusta a 109! AGUSTA

Fighter: EuroFighter Typhoon

BTW: We'd love to see a Gulfstream IV or V Jet in it.

This is for sure one of the best ultralights out there on the market and it is leading sales in the LSA class. I already thought about modelling it, because I would like to use it for training, when I am not flying. However, the flight model in FSX was never satisfying for me. Maybe this will change with the new aerosoft sim. If it does, I will most probably go for it, if it is not modelled by Aerosoft directly.

I´ve started to model this bird some time ago because our aeroclub has one too but never finished it. Maybe I´ll have a look where it is right now. But it would be still a lot of work and it was the "old" G3 Version.

Concerning the MTOW of UL´s: the maximum MTOW for UL´s in Europe is 450kg. If there´s a rescue system on bord (parachute system for the whole plane) the MTOW is raised up to 472,5kg. For the Remos: the MTOW of the UL-version is exactly 472,5kg with the rescue system but there´s also a LSA-version available with a MTOW of 650kg. So you have to be carefull which version you choose! And I can tell you that Austria won´t tolerate aircraft with more than 472,5kg as UL. ;)

B200 King Air. With a realistic turboprop model, not the stuff FSX messed up...

And, of course, with realistic panel and procedures. Think of the Aeroworx B200 together with a nice implementation of turboprop behaviour.

Airliner: Airbus A320 or Boeing 737-800

Commuter: Embraer 190 and Fokker 100

Turbo Twin Engine: King Air B200

Turbo Single Engine: TBM-850

VLJ: Citation Mustang

Historical: Boeing 737-200 or DC-9, or even Airbus A300, but this new Wings of Silver Piper J-3 Cub can't be forgot...

Helicopter: AS350 for sure... or, maybe, Huey would be nice...

Fighter: F-16 or F/A-18E SuperHornet (VRS is my favorite of all times)

What about a military transport craft, like the C-5 or the C-17 ? (or maybe the Hercules, or A400M...)

For the commuter, a Dash 8, or ATR would be nice (maybe even the newer -600 ATR models)

The turbo single engine could be a PC-12

What about a Lake Renegade (seaplane) llike in Flight Unlimited 3 ? :)

Deniz

For a light twin, I'd love to see a DA42 Diamond TwinStar.

For a light single, I don't think you can escape the normal spamcan - C172, PA28 etc, but it'd be nice to see something modern, such as one of the plastic tadpoles (Katana etc), or something with European flavour (Jodel, Robin...)

For LSA/microlight, how about the new SkyCatcher?

Whatever you choose, Please, Please, PLEASE don't mirror the main textures. Carenado insist on doing this even now, and it's really infuriating -- just ask anyone who's ever tried to paint a European/South American etc rego...

• Aerosoft

What about a military transport craft, like the C-5 or the C-17 ? (or maybe the Hercules, or A400M...)

For the commuter, a Dash 8, or ATR would be nice (maybe even the newer -600 ATR models)

The turbo single engine could be a PC-12

What about a Lake Renegade (seaplane) llike in Flight Unlimited 3 ? :)

Deniz

I think a mil transporter is only interesting to a small group of people, but I like the idea of a Renegade!

I understand as a modern Flightsim it should have many modern default planes, but I guess some more iconic historic airplanes would attract people, too, like a Constellation mentioned before, maybe a fighter, a bomber, though thinking about their systems, it would be pretty hard to add them too, as they are different from the systems modern aircraft use. Still I´d personally like to see a Connie, B-17, P-40, Spit, or something like that in there, too.

Older aerobatic planes would be very interesting, too, doing aerobatics in a Su-26 is one thing, but in an old Zlin, or something like that it would be way different!

It´s just a matter of how many you´d like to include, the ones you have done for MSFS are great, and would most likely be easier to get started with, but maybe it would look like a new room with the same old posters.

One idea could be to make an Acceleration style vintage addon pack....

Good evening srs..

I would like suggest some aircraft as default..

•Airliner. - Airbus

•Commuter. - We really need an airbus with better quality, but i suggest the EMBRAER 190.

•Small commuter. - I sugget the EMBRAER 110P (there is no one with quality)

•Turbo Twin Engine. - Its very important the EMBRAER 121 (Also there is no one with good quality)

•Single Trainer/ GA. - Piper arrow..

•Historical. - Constellation

•Helicopter. - hs350

Ps.: I suggested the Embraer's aircraft, because it is one of most important airplane manufacturer, and these aircraft are historical on that, in example the embraer 121 wich are very of that on the France air force..

Thks..

Airliner. - 737 classic or NG

•Commuter. - Avro RJ (or its older version the BAE 146)

•Turbo Twin Engine. - Seneca V

•Single Trainer/ GA. - A really good C-172 with many options for instrumentation so most ppl will have something to relate to the ones they fly

•Historical. - Constellation or DC-6

•Helicopter. - Bell-206 (timeless)

3 pages of replies in 5 days since the initial posting is hardly the kind of sample that aerosoft needs to create a sim that will satisfy the majority . I think this type of poll if i may call it as such, needs to be more public than its forums.

Hello Avrolino,

Your suggestions please.

I've made suggestions for 6 out of the 13 categories requested (3 posts above this one) . Im still trying to decide for the rest of the categories , trying to balance personal preferences and something that the majority will like. They will come soon , but there is some validity in my note , that a poll should be more open than just whithin the forums

• Aerosoft

3 pages of replies in 5 days since the initial posting is hardly the kind of sample that aerosoft needs to create a sim that will satisfy the majority . I think this type of poll if i may call it as such, needs to be more public than its forums.

Well we ARE discussing a new simulator HERE and we have invited everybody who has an opinion to give it HERE. We are of course also using other methods of gathering information but what is posted here will be most certainly be taken into account.

Would you rather we would not discuss it here?

• Upvote 2

Well we ARE discussing a new simulator HERE and we have invited everybody who has an opinion to give it HERE. We are of course also using other methods of gathering information but what is posted here will be most certainly be taken into account.

Would you rather we would not discuss it here?

Not discussing it here , is something that i definately did not suggest . Baring in mind however the input of the past 5 days , putting the issue elsewere as well , is what i suggested . Also our input here does not take the form of discussion , such as in the case of discussing the features of the new simulator , is more of a polling entry . I told a few people about the aircraft selection option you have for the upcoming sim and still they did not put anything...and i know they are just lazy of going through a reg. process and track down the history of the whole simulator discussion... it is that simple.

No matter what type of plane you are planning to include in the sim, please do not make all cocpits nice and shiny. I would like to see some dirt as well as wear and tear.

Reco