A new simulator (September/ October issue)

• Aerosoft

Quick spin off from the other topic. One of the things I am working on this week is content for the new sim and specifically the aircraft we need to include. Now we want to compete directly with FSX so from the first edition we need to have a nice selection of aircraft/chopper etc in the product. I also want all of them to be better then the default aircraft of FSX (that's not hard). I like your input on what's needed and some suggestions on what I am missing. I also like to hear about possible partners. But take care, if you like a 747 in there don't say we should talk to PMDG, because that's a typical high end add-on and not a 'default aircraft'

• Airliner. We need at least one and the Airbus A321 we are doing would be pretty perfect. Loads of licensing issues there.
  • Commuter. No real ideas on that one now.
  • Small commuter. The Twin Otter we done could be a good base but would need some work on the VC.
  • Turbo Twin Engine. We need at least one fast modern one there.
  • Turbo Single engine. I love those fast turbo aircraft.
  • VLJ (Very Light Jets). By far the most innovative area of aviation, we got to include it.
  • Single Trainer/ GA. One of those Cessna's that Carenado does would be great here, would it not?
  • Historical. Catalina, without a doubt, we got it, it is great. I also would like something like a Sopwith Camel.
  • Helicopter. Huey, we are working on it, it will be pretty good and it's the helicopter that does everything
  • Glider. Easy one, something like our Discus.
  • Ultralight. I really want something modern there as it is one of the most exiting parts of aviation these days.
  • Bush. I seriously like the Bush Hawk XP and it is fully ready for a new sim.
  • Fighter. Though I a pretty sure we'll not do any shooting in the new sim, it needs a serious fighter and we got the F-16 that's still pretty solid!

Any suggestions are welcome. Even more so if they come with reference to current products for FSX. Again keep in mind that though we might find it easy to include the Catalina because we own all rights to that, buying a very serious other aircraft is not a good idea. It is still intended to be an open platform so everybody can add aircraft.

• Upvote 1

I would like to see the 747-400 in there because it is the iconic jet (after Concorde). I tried to fly FSX version a while ago and forgot that most of the instruments and switches don't work in the VC view and so being stuck with the 2D panels was a joke :angry:

The Avro BAe 146 whisper jet could be a good short range jet, short take off and landings also looks a bit different to main stream jets and out of production now.

And maybe the Piaggio P.180 Avanti ? That looks better than any jet flying at the moment :P

I would like to see the 747-400 in there because it is the iconic jet (after Concorde). I tried to fly FSX version a while ago and forgot that most of the instruments and switches don't work in the VC view and so being stuck with the 2D panels was a joke  :angry:

The Avro BAe 146 whisper jet could be a good short range jet, short take off and landings also looks a bit different to main stream jets and out of production now.

I agree with you for the BAe-146 but not for the B742 ;)

I think it's a too old aircraft and not very interesting, and a MD8* will be better for an "old planes" category...

BAe-146 for the commuter would be great, and I think either ATR 42-500/ATR 72-210 or maybe a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400/300 for the Turbo twin... Also, for VLJ's, how about the Cessna 'The JET'? For the Airliner, since there is already an Airbus, how 'bout putting in a Boeing that either competes with the A321 (757-200) or, IMHO some good Boeings I would like to see are the 767, 777 or 787 if it flies before AFS. Or maybe even 747-8IC...?

Thanks, Alexander.

I agree with you for the BAe-146 but not for the B742 ;)

I think it's a too old aircraft and not very interesting, and a MD8* will be better for an "old planes" category...

Maybe the up and coming 747-800? or an add on at least :D

Saab 2000 Is another aircraft that few seem to be interested in also The Falcon 900 is a three engined executive jet which looks great and maybe the Eurocopter EC135?  :rolleyes:

I think a 747 would be a good idea, who doesn't know this plane. Definitely A321, maybe an A380? Many people know this plane, and it hasn't accurately been created yet.

Maybe an Embraer. A classic plane would be good, something famous. Constellation? DC-3? Some ones from the early days of flight definitely.

A l10-11 would be very good.

But all of these ideas are just my opinion of course.

I think FSX played it pretty much safe when they picked their aircraft, the jets (747-737-A21 etc) are jets we can all identify with (how many times have you sat on a 737?) same goes for the props and helicopter (I watched murdoch fly that Bell a thousand times in the A-Team lol) So in a way of introducing poeple to aviation, FSX and previous versions, had it spot on maybe? <_< But my biggest gripe with FSX is the quality of the aircraft used. The 747-400 in FSX is great to fly for the first six months but the aircraft doesn't grow with the user so then you look around for an add-on that gives you a little bit more than the default FSX can give you and the best you can get is PMDG and a 1000 page manual and 4 DVDs on how to fly it. Ive always said that if Aerosoft replaced all the FSX default aircraft with there own versions (I know the licensing would be impossible) I would still be flying them now still today! So I would still love to see the 747-400 and the 737 and the beaver in there and also intruduce me to the wonderful aircrafts that I didnt know were out there! (thankyou for the catalina Aerosoft!) :)  

How about a Diamond DA-40 Diamond Star either with or without a G1000 set-up and/or a Cirrus SR-22 GTS for GA aircraft. Also I'd maybe like to see an Embraer ERJ170 or ERJ190 in there. Final suggestion maybe a Gulfstream G-IV or G-V

My suggestions:

Airliner: Do not see how you could not have a Boeing tubeliner as part of the default fleet. The 747 seems to be the icon of choice?

Commuter: This should be a modern Turboprop - Dash 8 or ATR 72-500...

Turbo Twin: KingAir would be my choice. DA's Cheyenne perhaps?

Single Trainer/GA: Carenado C-152II (the C172 has officially been done to death)

Then, what about some more classes of aircraft:

Airships: There are any number of modern airships/blimps out there which could be simulated. Something a bit different. Even a basic balloon sim of some type could be looked at? This should be fairly simple stuff to do?

Experimental / Space: Something like one of the experimental low earth orbit vehicles seen as part of the X Prize. Perhaps a collaboration with Extreme Prototypes? Again, just to offer something different...

PS: With so many high quality aircraft in the default sim at some point the question must be asked will anyone care to buy addon ones? Clearly there will always be a market for the super realistic procedural airliners with exquisite systems moddeling but other than that all the "bases" seem to be covered by the default aircraft. Good luck trying to figure out this balance!

Check out this topic for some suggestions. Please include a Piper J-3 Cub. I don't think the new sim would be complete without it. I also agree that a Cessna 152 would be nice. Also, Mathijs, when you say "ultralights" are you referring to the European definition of the word "ultralight," or the American definition. To us Americans, the word "ultralight" means something like the AirCreation Trike from FSX. To Europeans, the word "ultralight" means something like the new Cessna 162; we Americans would call this a "light sport" aircraft.

I think Aerosoft should implement new airplanes in new flight simulator...

Airliners: Airbus A350 or A380 ... maybe 787 Dreamliner ..but please dont use Abacus one...

Military: F-35 JSF or Harrier if there will be great phsyics in simulator that could truly simulate vertical takeoff and landing

Old planes: You should implement some of old russian planes ... Tupolev. YAk or iljushin

Helicopters: Eurocopter EC-135

Trainer: Definaltely Carenado

Commuter: NEW ATR 72-600

* Airliner: A32X is perfect.

* Commuter: Fokker27 / 50 or Dornier328.

* Small commuter: The TwinOtter is perfect.

* Bush: Bush Hawk XP is perfect.

* Private Jet: A good Gulfstream or Falcon or any one of the Bombardier series would be great.

* Turbo Twin Engine: B200

* Turbo Single engine: Definitly PC12

* Very Light: Why not HondaJet :rolleyes:

* Single Trainer/ GA: C152

* Historical: Catalina

Good luck, it looks like its moving on the good way :D

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Mathijs,

One of the things that I think was mentioned at first and I want to make sure it still remains part of the new simulator is the MD-82. While it may be hard to even form a partnership with Leonardo SH, their simulation is spot on and if you could take their simulation somehow and allow it to overcome all the shortcomings found in FS9/FSX, I think you would have an AMAZING default aircraft/simulator. :D

Airliner: B737 (-700), B727, Embraer 190. Long Range: B747 or B767

Commuter: Bombardier CRJ-200 or -700, DeHavilland Dash 8-300, ATR 42

Small Commuter: Twin Otter, Vulcanair A-Viator, Embraer 120, BAE Jetstream 41

Turbo Twin: Beech King Air 200 or 300

Turbo Single: Pilatus PC-12, Piper Meridian, Socata TBM 850

Business Jet: Hawker 400XP, Learjet 45XR or 60XR

Single Trainer/GA: Even if it has been done a thousand times, the Cessna Skyhawk ist a MUST HAVE (with analog instruments). It would be fair to also include a Piper aircraft: the Arrow or the Matrix (http://www.newpiper.com/home/pages/Matrix.cfm) would fit in.

Historical: Beech D18S, Piper Cub, Douglas DC-3

I'd also like to have a GA Twin: The Beech Baron would directly compete with FSX, but what about the Vulcanair P68C (http://www.vulcanair.com.au/our_aircraft.php) or the new Tecnam P2006T? They don't seem to be very popular (at least there is only one freeware model of the P68C, but rather old and without VC), but personally I think these are very beautiful aircraft.

P68C pics:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/7/6/0828673.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/1/3/0909312.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/8/9/0425981.jpg

P2006T pics:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/0/0/9/1525900.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/7/6/1553676.jpg

http://www.ylac.com/index.php?page=gallery-3

Best Regards,

Quax / Daniel

• Aerosoft

Great idea to include a modern ultralight. I would suggest the Aerospool WT9 Dynamic, preferably the fixed gear, 80 horsepower version. I can give you all the pictures you need :)

Can you contact me on support@aerosoft.com?

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

One of the things that I think was mentioned at first and I want to make sure it still remains part of the new simulator is the MD-82. While it may be hard to even form a partnership with Leonardo SH, their simulation is spot on and if you could take their simulation somehow and allow it to overcome all the shortcomings found in FS9/FSX, I think you would have an AMAZING default aircraft/simulator. :D

That MD is too complex for the base product, it is for sure more addon type of a product. But an MD-80 would be a very nice aircraft in the base sim.

# Single Trainer/ GA. A C182, C172 or PA28 would be fine although I´d LOVE to see a Diamond DA40 or a good DV/DA 20

# Helicopter. The very poular AS 350 B3 would be fine (I can provide pictures if you need - just tell me what you´d like to see). And of course the R-22 as trainer.

# Ultralight. Ever thought about a Gyrocopter? Next to this an Eurostar, CT or Remos would be great. If you need pictures, that wouldn´t be a problem for me