FISD Helsinki Vantaa 1.5?!?

Raimo

Hello.

I really would like to use FISD Helisnki Vantaa EFHK airport with AES, but currently (on AES 2.04) only version 1.5 is available, and latest is 1.6 from FISD. I was looking version 1.5 form all over the internet, and dint find it. Mabe someone who has it, or has WORKING links for it, could share them.

Thank You.

Hello.

I really would like to use FISD Helisnki Vantaa EFHK airport with AES, but currently (on AES 2.04) only version 1.5 is available, and latest is 1.6 from FISD. I was looking version 1.5 form all over the internet, and dint find it. Mabe someone who has it, or has WORKING links for it, could share them.

Thank You.

I don't have a link but I encountered the same problem and fixed it:

1: Locate and open the file YourFSDirectory\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT\AESA_EFHK_FSD.CFG

2: Change the SEARCH line to SEARCH=pohja,EFHK_lib,portti33

3: Open AES helper and now you should be able to activate the airport

The problem came because in this release FiSD had done some cleaning up of bgl files and one of the ones that AES searched for was now missing. As far as AES is concerned, there are few changes between the two scenery versions - currently, AES doesn't support the terminal gates 33-38 also doesn't depict a jetway at gate 21 - hopefully these issues will be fixed in a later release...

Geoff

Geoff,

are you saying you were able to activate EFHK v 6 and it's properly working for you (except for stands 33-38 and 21)?

That would be very nice before Oliver comes back and wishes to make an update.

I cannot observe any differences in the way AES interacts with the EFHK v1.6 scenery as compared to version 1.5. The update to the scenery added a number of objects and cleaned up the file structure a bit. I would say that 99% of my FS activity departs or arrives in Helsinki so I have already checked quite carefully...

Geoff

Then thank you, Geoff.

I was really curious how the new version is but didn't want to lose AES support.

In this case I will try the trick you described above.

It's one of my favourite freeware airpiorts ever, I must say.

Geoff, Thank You very much.

Indeed, i was able to use EFHK airport with AES after i did the trick. Havent tryd the non working gates jet (probably even wont, no point to do that), but everything else cooperates with AES just fine.

Tahnk You.