Gradual SpeedBrake

FroggerQ101

Greetings all,

Since F-16's SpeedBrake is gradualy selectable, and the switch on the Throttle handle does works gradualy in FSX, is it any way we can set up a key, joystick button to be gradualy open, close, as the real switch would do, instead of fully open/close on button pressed?

I don't think there is no way to gradually open speedbrake using keystroke nor joystick button. To the best of my knowlege, the only way to gradually open and close speedbrake is to assign a joystick axis to spoiler. You can buy a cheep joystick, take the spring out, and then stick something like a cardboard in gimball to add a friction so that the joystick handle will stay where you put. I have a dedicated el-cheepo joystick assigned to spoiler function when I fly sailplanes.

X52 Pro has a slider as a joystick axis. Works perfect for the speed brakes. IF you fly military planes like this, the Saitek X52 pro is the way to go!

That's indeed what i have, gotta try this out, Scarecrow's idea is good, but i've done enough hardware tweaking for FSX after i'Ve made my FreeTrack 3 point cap, i'll try the slider, if not, i'll just keep on using full extract/retrack, i'll just have to figure out how to set up so it can be used.

Never mind, found it, i've never seen or paid attention before to the spoiler axis in control/control axes :o

If you have (or get) FSUIPC, it provides the necessary functionality to assign incremental spoiler increase/decrease to buttons. It will also allow assignment of equally more realistic things like "gear up" and "gear down" to buttons as well.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

X52 Pro has a slider as a joystick axis. Works perfect for the speed brakes. IF you fly military planes like this, the Saitek X52 pro is the way to go!

The X-52 Pro is perfect and I found that the axis of "rotation y " on the MFD of the X52 Pro gives an even more gradual control on the speedbrake !