Script Files

Hi all, I would like to be able to write script files for use in both CCS2004 and Cumulus X, would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction, preferably with some examples.

Many thanks

Richard

I use CCS2004 to create the script, and use real world weather data as best I can to have a base line to plug in the values needed. You can get historical, or past weather conditions for almost anywhere on earth by picking up the metar data at http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KROA/2008/9/18/DailyHistory.html?req_city=New+Castle&req_state=VA&req_statename=Virginia&theprefset=SHOWMETAR&theprefvalue=1 . That page is just an example I'm using at the moment, but you can go to the top of the page, right under the search bar in the Features menu, and GOTO History Data. Then, you can also use the info for creating the weather conditions inside FS2004/FSX to make it as realistic as possible. I tend to step the cloud cover down slightly sometimes if I am going to use it for a contest situation so those with slower computers can join in better.

As far as examples, the main SOAR site has many contest pages to choose from to get an idea of a contests own script settings. If I remember right, CCS2004 and CumulusX! explains more indepth explanations of what the file structure is made of.

Scott

Failed to mention a useful tool (there are many tools out there) to decode Metar data (MetarWeather at http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mweather.html ). I kept finding myself having to use the metar help page to figure out what some data meant, but now use this program for better understanding metar reports, rather than guessing.

Scott