Any patch for non visible AI?

Staffan

I have the same problem. I hope you will be able to solve this, because it's keeping me from buying more of your wonderful scenery packages. I think you run a great company and enjoy many of your products.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Staffan,

I will endeavour to find out what is going on with this.

I will again place it at the top of the Weekly Support Issues and make mention of the unrest.

Great Shaun,

You know,...it might seam like a minor thing this issue. But as a matter of fact, I know that this shadow issue is a crusial point that makes a decision for some simmers wether to switch over to FSX from FS9 or not. ;)

• Developer

Hi,

this is not a Issue, which is simply fixable by a small patch, as it is a combination problem based on may parts, and this are the combinations on multilayered Airportgrounds, which need the BGL based Runwaylights (because AFX Lights are not displayed) and the "bug" in the FSX code not handling the shadows of old AI Models above this Runwaytypes.

So, all we can do is to use and find workarounds, but the most will not be realistic:

1.) Use only AI traffic based on nativ FSX code -> No realistic because of the leak of good models

2.) The Developers remove all the multilayers from the ground and use only the base -> no solution, because then you don't like the airports anymore

3.) Switch of the Aircraft shadows - the best solution for the moment

4.) I am in development of a complete differnent Runwaylighting, which is allready used in Ibiza X and will be used in Mahon X and Innsbruck X too. But this will not be a simple replacement, it's more a new developement, which maybe will follow for other older airports step by step, but that must be discussed and done, so nothing just possible out of the box in 5 minutes.

But, the positive thing is, that there is a solution in view, which don't drop the frames and will have other enhancements in the visual quality.

Hi,

this is not a Issue, which is simply fixable by a small patch, as it is a combination problem based on may parts, and this are the combinations on multilayered Airportgrounds, which need the BGL based Runwaylights (because AFX Lights are not displayed) and the "bug" in the FSX code not handling the shadows of old AI Models above this Runwaytypes.

So, all we can do is to use and find workarounds, but the most will not be realistic:

1.) Use only AI traffic based on nativ FSX code -> No realistic because of the leak of good models

2.) The Developers remove all the multilayers from the ground and use only the base -> no solution, because then you don't like the airports anymore

3.) Switch of the Aircraft shadows - the best solution for the moment

4.) I am in development of a complete differnent Runwaylighting, which is allready used in Ibiza X and will be used in Mahon X and Innsbruck X too. But this will not be a simple replacement, it's more a new developement, which maybe will follow for other older airports step by step, but that must be discussed and done, so nothing just possible out of the box in 5 minutes.

But, the positive thing is, that there is a solution in view, which don't drop the frames and will have other enhancements in the visual quality.

Great to hear this Oliver.

For those who want to use for example World of AI planes and get as much realism as possible, including aircraft shadows, it is not nice to only use default airports. I think that many many FSX users would be very greatful to be able to use even Aerosoft sceneries and also be able to have aircraft shadows switched on, with visible AI from FS9.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...