Survey on night texture for US city...

alainneedle1

Been an Aerosoft customer myself I would like to know how many peoples in this forum would like to have the night textute plus all seasons included will all US city, San Francisco, New Orlean, Indianapolis. and all others to come.

How many people do have them (I myself have San Fran. and Indianapolis) and would pay for a patch or else to have all seasons and night texture?

How many peoples would like to have all seasons and night texture included with all new released of US cities if that mean having to pay 50% + from the original price?

I understand that may not change Aerosoft way of doing business but if they have enough customers (like me) asking for it they may rethink their position..

Thank you.

For night textures and all seasons, you'd probably pay $45 instead of $18. I wouldn't pay it, so I vote no.

I have purchased all of the Us cities so far but I must admit feeling a bit ambiguous about them. The cities themselves are beautiful to see, as long as you don't get too close, but Imagining how beautiful they would be with top quality day and nighttime textures is mouth-watering. And of course there are some cities that I don't think could ever be done justice by this treatment. Las Vegas, Los angeles, Honolulu........

Somebody could probably make a nice dime re-texturing these scenery's, and maybe they would be a good base to start from if Aerosoft decides to do their own flight Sim.

Gents,

I, too, very much want to have these packages COMPLETE; ie. nothing excluded. BUT, what are "we" all hoping for with this thread? They've already said "NO" and for what reasons.:huh:

However, I'd pay for the complete deal; looks like FTX Orbx will be getting that market after all and all my $$$'s for it too. Well, you asked, so I just thought that I'd let everyone know what I thinking.:wub:

How many peoples would like to have all seasons and night texture included with all new released of US cities if that mean having to pay 50% + from the original price?

There are five different seasons in FSX, plus night textures. Six times the work, yet only a 50% price premium?

I commend Aerosoft for being upfront and honest with what the product is offering and what it's limitations are.

The more correct question might be whether the customer would pay four, five or six times the price for a fully developed product? And then, just how many of those customers would there be?

There are five different seasons in FSX, plus night textures. Six times the work, yet only a 50% price premium?

I commend Aerosoft for being upfront and honest with what the product is offering and what it's limitations are.

The more correct question might be whether the customer would pay four, five or six times the price for a fully developed product? And then, just how many of those customers would there be?

That's what I'm trying to know, I myself have Manhattan X at $34.24 and I would have paid more for it if we can get more out of it, I understand it's not everybody who can afford a city at $40.00+ but for whom can why not, so by answering the question we will know how many would be interrested.

By the way I said 50% +

This has nothing to do with been upfront or honest! What am I missing here?

So Meshman would you pay more to get more?

I have purchased all of the Us cities so far but I must admit feeling a bit ambiguous about them. The cities themselves are beautiful to see, as long as you don't get too close, but Imagining how beautiful they would be with top quality day and nighttime textures is mouth-watering. And of course there are some cities that I don't think could ever be done justice by this treatment. Las Vegas, Los angeles, Honolulu........

Somebody could probably make a nice dime re-texturing these scenery's, and maybe they would be a good base to start from if Aerosoft decides to do their own flight Sim.

Thank you for your reply, I agree with you, what I don't understand is Aerosoft not trying to get one city done with all the goodies just to see how well they will do with it but like you said if an other company come up with a city with all the goodies I'll be first in line to get it.....

Thank you for your reply, I agree with you, what I don't understand is Aerosoft not trying to get one city done with all the goodies just to see how well they will do with it but like you said if an other company come up with a city with all the goodies I'll be first in line to get it.....

For me, FSX is like the model trains I had as a kid. It seems I spent as much time buying buildings, positioning trees and placing little people in just the "right" spot to get everything looking "real" as I did driving the trains (maybe more!)

There was always the urge to add more and more detail, and its the same for me with FSX. In the name of practicality, I understand about not being able to do seasonal textures etc, but day and nighttime lighting is a bit harder to give up! Of course I am going to buy it, but I can't help fantasizing what it might be like with lights! :wub:

• Deputy Sheriffs

You get what you pay for and Aerosoft was always upfront with the price point vs. the limitations. I think the scenery is fair value as summer-day for the relatively low price. I might be willing to pay a little more for night textures, but since most of my flying is daytime, I wouldn't pay twice the price even for twice the textures.

As for seasons, they're not nearly different enough in San Francisco to make be pay anything extra. I flew in the bay area as a flight instructor and charter pilot at FBO's from Santa Rosa to Monterey from 1974 to 1986, so I know the place very well. The seasons were marked by weather changes far, far more than vegitation changes (except in the wine country). Since the scenery is the built up areas, seasonal textures don't make much sense at all in this particular location. In any other metro area, I just don't see the value either.

You get what you pay for and Aerosoft was always upfront with the price point vs. the limitations. I think the scenery is fair value as summer-day for the relatively low price. I might be willing to pay a little more for night textures, but since most of my flying is daytime, I wouldn't pay twice the price even for twice the textures.

As for seasons, they're not nearly different enough in San Francisco to make be pay anything extra. I flew in the bay area as a flight instructor and charter pilot at FBO's from Santa Rosa to Monterey from 1974 to 1986, so I know the place very well. The seasons were marked by weather changes far, far more than vegitation changes (except in the wine country). Since the scenery is the built up areas, seasonal textures don't make much sense at all in this particular location. In any other metro area, I just don't see the value either.

I agree that for the price they are charging, its fair to expect some limitations. I guess I am in the minority, in that I would have gladly paid more for "The full monty!" :lol:

I guess it's a matter of priority's. My approach to the Sim is much more sightseeing oriented, so I might be more interested in this sort of thing than most. As a personal thing, I have always thought that there are few sights prettier than a city all lit up at night. :wub:

If I was aware of a re-texturing pack to make the default skyscrapers more diverse and realistic (especially at night) I would probably buy that in a heartbeat as well!