Monastir X released

Shaun Fletcher

Already mid September, where has the summer gone? At least we can keep in the spirit with Monastir X, one of the most

popular holiday destinations in the Northern Africa. It's a great looking airport, with a typical layout of an airport that has

to handle a real peak during certain months. It's well merged with the surrounding landscape, fully covered with AES 2.04

and comes with everything you expect in a modern scenery project for FSX. Good value for money as well!

Links: [Product Page]

Tags: FSX Monastir X

Note: This product is not DX-10 Compatible.

monastirx_13.jpg

monastirx_9.jpg

monastirx_14.jpg

monastirx_21.jpg

monastirx_7.jpg

More Screenshots.

• Upvote 1

Monastir is excellent. The night,dusk,and dawn textures along with the lighting is superb. My only complaints is the severe shimmering on the stands and building areas.Something I have not experienced for a very long time in MSFS.I have tried with a lot of nHAncer settings, without results...

In the product description it states static and dynamic objects like vehicles and buses. I only see static objects.

Regards

Gerry

My only complaints is the severe shimmering on the stands and building areas.Something I have not experienced for a very long time in MSFS.I have tried with a lot of nHAncer settings, without results...

Hello Gerry,

Seems to be a new distinguishing mark of Aerosoft-inhouse-sceneries

e.g. MadeiraX, NiceX (I also heard of Lissabon) on some computers.

I (and some other people) have the same complaints at MadeiraX and NiceX.

We hope they will do a patch.

Regards, Remark

Hello Gerry,

Seems to be a new distinguishing mark of Aerosoft-inhouse-sceneries

e.g. MadeiraX, NiceX (I also heard of Lissabon) on some computers.

I (and some other people) have the same complaints at MadeiraX and NiceX.

We hope they will do a patch.

Regards, Remark

Thanks for the heads up Remark and Gerry. I was considering getting this after the other fellow Peter patches NiceX for the shimmers. I didn't know that this airport had the shimmer problem as well so I guess I will wait until it is patched before I buy. I also wonder why the sudden issue of shimmering on the inhouse developements. Madeira X had it also but not as bad as Nice X.

Do either of you guys have Monaco X?

If Nice X gets fixed to satisfaction I will buy Monaco X so I can do some helicopter flights between the two areas, but I don't want to spend the money on Monaco if it shimmers like nice.

Do either of you guys have Monaco X?

If Nice X gets fixed to satisfaction I will buy Monaco X so I can do some helicopter flights between the two areas, but I don't want to spend the money on Monaco if it shimmers like nice.

HI,

I bought Monaco together with Nice and I also have big troubles with the shimmering in Nice, but I can't see any problems in Monaco as far as I can remember. I will check this tonight and give some feedback...

...and to come back to this topic I am also interrested in Monastir but I will wait until some "shuimmering has gone with this new patch" post <_< ...

HI,

I bought Monaco together with Nice and I also have big troubles with the shimmering in Nice, but I can't see any problems in Monaco as far as I can remember. I will check this tonight and give some feedback...

...and to come back to this topic I am also interrested in Monastir but I will wait until some "shuimmering has gone with this new patch" post dry.gif ...

Thanks macroth72. Let me know what you see in Monaco.

Monastir is excellent. My only complaints is the severe shimmering on the stands and building areas.Something I have not experienced for a very long time in MSFS.I have tried with a lot of nHAncer settings, without results...

In the product description it states static and dynamic objects like vehicles and buses. I only see static objects.

Regards

Gerry

Oh no not again... Think its gonna be one to miss for me then.. Can somone please release a product that actually works as described in the adverts on the day its released, its only scenery...

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I am the developer of DTMB. First of all thanks for the good feedback in general.

My only complaints is the severe shimmering on the stands and building areas.

The problem about the textures is the decision if we should use mipmaps or not. Mipmaps avoid the flickering, but make the textures unsharp. I decided not to use mipmaps to make the objects look better. It could be a possibility to offer a "mipmap-patch" so that users can decide, if they either prefer sharpness or not to have that flickering thing

There are definitely dynamic objects. AI-Traffic is included as well as Monastir is featured by AES. Maybe you should try another daytime? At about 12 am there is the most action.

• Upvote 1

It could be a possibility to offer a "mipmap-patch" so that users can decide, if they either prefer sharpness or not to have that flickering thing

Hello Fabian!

That would be definetly the best solution for all I think and should be done for all products with this problem, like Nice, Monastir and maybe Madeira. So everyone can decide for himself what is prefered.

I don't know how much extra work this means for Aerosoft, but I see this as absolutely necessery. Nice for example is nearly not usable for me and I wouldn't buy Monastir without a solution for the shimmering.

Thank's!

That would be definetly the best solution for all I think and should be done for all products with this problem, like Nice, Monastir and maybe Madeira. So everyone can decide for himself what is prefered.

I fully agree with Kai!

Remark

Hello,

I am the developer of DTMB. First of all thanks for the good feedback in general.

The problem about the textures is the decision if we should use mipmaps or not. Mipmaps avoid the flickering, but make the textures unsharp. I decided not to use mipmaps to make the objects look better. It could be a possibility to offer a "mipmap-patch" so that users can decide, if they either prefer sharpness or not to have that flickering thing

I purchased this scenery to obtain an FSX quality scenery as advertised prior to release not a patch that would degrade the quailty. If this scenery cannot be patched to keep this quality and remove the shimmering then sadly to say (Never thought I would ever have to with Aerosoft) I will be seeking a refund on this product.

Regards

Gerry

Thanks macroth72. Let me know what you see in Monaco.

Hi, as mentioned in the other (Nice) topic I tried the Nice Patch. I think it is no 100% solution at this moment. I have checked Monaco X now and can't see any shimmering. Here seems all well.

Macroth72, thanks for checking Monaco for me. Good to know that it works well. I guess I will buy it if Nice gets a second update that fixes it otherwise I will go without since I wanted Nice as a place to fly between.

I also downloaded the patch and it actually looked worse than when I mipped the textures myself. All the update did was mip the blast walls, details and a signs, leaving everything else a shimmering mess. I guess the AFCAD was fixed, but I haven't used Nice yet enough to even worry about the AI movements.

Hello Fabian!

I don't know how much extra work this means for Aerosoft, but I see this as absolutely necessery. Nice for example is nearly not usable for me and I wouldn't buy Monastir without a solution for the shimmering.

Thank's!

So I will work on a solution.

I purchased this scenery to obtain an FSX quality scenery as advertised prior to release not a patch that would degrade the quailty. If this scenery cannot be patched to keep this quality and remove the shimmering then sadly to say (Never thought I would ever have to with Aerosoft) I will be seeking a refund on this product.

Regards

Gerry

It seems that you did not completely understand my argumentation about the textures. I did not use mipmaps to improve the texture quality. And now, when I use them, there will be the FSX quality that your are used to. The texture patch will just be a opportunity for those with big graphic problems. Basically it depends on the graphic card, how big your problem with the flickering really is. It is just not possible to achieve the current sharp quality, if you use mipmaps.

If you really want to return the product, that would be very sad, but it is your right.