Discus Panel

binky9

Has there been any resolution to the fuzzy panel lettering and compass, or the color/contrast on the PDA window?

There has also been mentioned a way to put the PDA in a popup window. Does anyone know how to do that?

If I have missed these solutions, I apologize.

binky9

Has there been any resolution to the fuzzy panel lettering and compass

Sorry, I really can't see somethin fuzzy there. Please make a screenshot.

or the color/contrast on the PDA window

Can't be changed

There has also been mentioned a way to put the PDA in a popup window. Does anyone know how to do that?

It CAN be made, if you modify your panel CFG, but only the screen, You don't have the knob then.

I said already, that I put it onto a list for a later update (with 2d background image)

Bests Joachim

Sorry, I really can't see somethin fuzzy there. Please make a screenshot.

Can't be changed

It CAN be made, if you modify your panel CFG, but only the screen, You don't have the knob then.

I said already, that I put it onto a list for a later update (with 2d background image)

Bests Joachim

Joachim,

Here are the screenshots, The instruments (except for the compass) are fine, but the other lettering above and below the plugs and switches are pretty much illegible. Too bad about the PDA color/contrast, and I didn't know you had already said something about the last thing I mentioned.

binky9

2009-9-9_20-9-13-500.BMP

2009-9-9_20-6-14-562.BMP

Sorry Joachim but I can only agree with binky9. By no stretch of the imagination can the panel labels be said to be legible, and I have given up on the compass! I was saying the same thing earlier. This is my very first Payware aircraft and it disappoints in these respects. After all, I cannot help using the default DG808S and the gliders of Wolfgang Piper as my yardsticks - all models of clarity.

I hope you can fix these issues in your planned update. Meanwhile I am now flying the Discus with a 'windowed' compass in the top right of the screen and also a 'windowed' Garmin 295 (default) in the top left when I want it. After all, I do like the ability to find a nearest airfield

in case of running out of height, and Garmin gives me all the info. I need - perhaps especially height above sea level!

Incidentally, I was intrigued when I set a waypoint with Garmin and the red line popped up on the Discus PDA. I checked distance on the C4

computer and there it was matching Garmin info.

Hope our points are constructive because I just had to have the Discus. I fly Discus BM most of the time and delight in the self-launch.

Also I cannot leave the ventilation panel alone - the sounds on opening are something else.

This is definitely not an issue of the plane.

See the attached image.

The Panel looks like this normally.

Check your graphics settings especially the "global structure thing" (don't have the english version)

Filtering must be "anisotrop"

The compass should be readable and the paneltextures must be sharper than in your pictures

Bests Joachim

post-5802-125256883473_thumb.jpg

I think Joachim has the point. I've just brought up Discus B and zoomed in to about Joachim's level in his screen shot- poor legibility.

BUT followed his advice and in Global Options box of Display Settings moved slider of Global texture resolution just one notch higher to max. at

'very high' (I normally have it set at 'high'). I fly all the time with anisotropic filtering, and antialiasing box ticked/checked anyway.

Lo-a panel with the same clarity as in the image. Tried it on Discus BT and BM with same positive result. Just that one notch higher makes a big difference.

I think Joachim has the point. I've just brought up Discus B and zoomed in to about Joachim's level in his screen shot- poor legibility.

BUT followed his advice and in Global Options box of Display Settings moved slider of Global texture resolution just one notch higher to max. at

'very high' (I normally have it set at 'high'). I fly all the time with anisotropic filtering, and antialiasing box ticked/checked anyway.

Lo-a panel with the same clarity as in the image. Tried it on Discus BT and BM with same positive result. Just that one notch higher makes a big difference.

Great! I'll try it tonight, when I get home, and report back.

Thanks,

binky9

What an incredible difference those little changes make! The panel is sharp, the reflections on the surface of the wings and fuselage are now evident. Joachim, thanks for the solving the mystery.

I tried several other planes in FSX, and they all look better, too. So, I made similar changes in FS2004, and the planes there also look better. I did the mod to the canopy reflections, and that solves that problem, too.

The scenery seems to jump out at me, now.

It's as if I just got new reading glasses, or something.

binky9