Tegel 2009 - a few problems

Rafal Haczek

Hello Rainer!

To begin with, let me say Tegel 2009 is really beautiful.

I made a very nice flight from Frankfurt to Berlin. It was enjoyable even though I had to pause to help my wife hunt a blood-thirsty gnat*.

The airport textures look great, there are a lot of gorgeous animations around and the FPS are very high.

Exactly what I expected from the GAP team. Good work, mates!

Now the worse a bit part. I encountered a few tiny problems. I'm not bringing them here for I'm picky.

I guess if they are real (not my mistakes - also possible), I could help make the great addon even better.

1. Radio frequencies ?

While approaching Tegel (08L) offline I got no Tower frequency to choose from the ATC window.

After landing and vacating it was possible but I was sent to another tower frequency (tower to tower?) to be finally sent to Ground.

First time ever I saw something like that. AFCAD problems or simply my FS went mad tonight?

2. Airport textures load ?

Instead of the usual gradual load of airport textures, they jumped in all together, some 8 nm W of the airport, causing a stutter/pause.

But that might be a single case and I have to check it while on another approach.

3. Floating houses.

When I was taxiing towards the terminals after vacating 08L, I saw some houses (behind the fence) floating in the air and following me.

So were some cars and lorries. I took a picture of some of them.

001-4.jpg

4. Misplacing jetway.

I parked at gate 4 I only to find the jetway want to eat my maddog.

Well, I decided to reset the position via F8 but the result was the same:

002-5.jpg

That doesn't look good for I have no problems with jetways at other airports.

To make sure, after the flight I went to Frankfurt, and here's what it looked like (OK now):

003-3.jpg

5. AES window.

This is rather more about AES than Tegel itself, but let me use this occasion and not make another topic.

That must be due to AES 2.04 new features (?). After docking each operation was reported with self-opening AES window.

I had to close it several times, so I'll be frank and say I'm not really fond of this new feature. Any way to avoid it?

Once again: Tegel 2009 is a beautiful scenery and I will be fying from and to Berlin very often now.

Especially that it is both pretty, framerate friendly and AES supported.

*Got her after changing our bedroom into a total mess.

• Developer

I only want to answer the AES related Questions:

4. Misplacing jetway.

I parked at gate 4 I only to find the jetway want to eat my maddog.

Well, I decided to reset the position via F8 but the result was the same:

The "rubber" of the jetways is allways a problem, as smaller as the aircraft is, it is more critical.

The radius of the fuselage is not know and so the rubber can only interpolated, which das not fit 100% at

all models.

5. AES window.

This is rather more about AES than Tegel itself, but let me use this occasion and not make another topic.

That must be due to AES 2.04 new features (?). After docking each operation was reported with self-opening AES window.

I had to close it several times, so I'll be frank and say I'm not really fond of this new feature. Any way to avoid it?

That is a known issue, which is based on the new statusupdate in the window. I am not able to fix it myself yet, because the Vistamare modules did not inform my code about the actual status of the Window (show, hidden), so I can't bring the window back the the same status as before the update. But I have adressed it, I thing we get a solution soon.

Thank you, Oliver, for your reply.

No problem with the jetway rubber coat. Can live with it.

And the AES report window is not a huge pain either. I'm sure you'll do it somehow.

And now EDIT for my Tegel above reports.

I made another flight (LFPG-EDDT) this morning to test more.

Ad 1. The tower frequency problem was not related to the scenery. This time it was fine, so probably my FS just had a bad day. Sorry for a false alarm.

Ad 2. Texture load was better now. Also sudden load in a similar distance but now no pause at all, so I don't care. Then I'd say: no problem either.

Ad 3. The floating objects however, are still moving in the air. The only mesh addon I have for this area is FS Genesis Europe (if it matters).

One more (AFCAD related) remark: AI planes were backtracking the runway, which I don't think is the case at Tegel, is it?

It is a kind of problem since it makes go-arounds more frequent and the chances to land offline with AI - lower.

Let me say the approach and landing experience (apart from backtracking jets) was very nice and I enjoyed it a lot.

The "rubber" of the jetways is allways a problem, as smaller as the aircraft is, it is more critical.

The radius of the fuselage is not know and so the rubber can only interpolated, which das not fit 100% at

all models.

Oliver, do the gates used at different airports have anything to do with that? I usually fly the default 737, and sometimes I get a nice neat seal and other times, I get what VORJAB has, with my nose being eaten. NBD, just curious.