Discus Sounds

binky9

After flying the Discus a few more times, I think the sound of the landing gear running along the ground needs some work. I don't hear the kind of sounds I am used to in the R/L gliders I have flown: Libelle, L-23, L-33, Grob 103, Phoebus B. One thing that is missing is the bump sound, as you take off or land on a grass runway. Also, the sound of the brakes taking hold and slowing you down.

Also, is it possible to make the wings level just before take-off? As if there is a wing runner there.

binky9

Hi binky9,

Yes; there has been prior discussion on the landing sounds - I'll let Joachim respond directly to that.

As for wing leveling - were you aware that the wings get leveled whenever you use WinchX! for cable-assisted takeoffs? Otherwise, I don't think it's possible to level the wings for unassisted takeoffs.

Sounds will be better in a future update (we need to get the groundsounds in, wich was impossible till no, and nobody knows, why)

The winglevel. I don't wanna say it is impossible, but at the moment not planed. But a nice idea though. I've written it down, maybe I'll get someone to do it.

Bests Joachim

Hi binky9,

Yes; there has been prior discussion on the landing sounds - I'll let Joachim respond directly to that.

As for wing leveling - were you aware that the wings get leveled whenever you use WinchX! for cable-assisted takeoffs? Otherwise, I don't think it's possible to level the wings for unassisted takeoffs.

No, I hadn't tried a winch, yet.

Thanks,

binky9

No, I hadn't tried a winch, yet.

Thanks,

binky9

OK - you're missing out on a lot of fun then! WinchX! should start automatically when you start FSX; the easiest way to do a powered launch is 3 easy steps:

1. Select one of the Discus models

2. Select your favorite scenery ( I like Sion, Switzerland)

3. When you appear on the runway, simply press Shift Y and watch the fun begin! (the wings will level automatically during this procedure)

Let us know how you like it...