GPS.Nav for Australia?

Can anyone tell me where I might find files for Oz, and how to install them in Wolfgang's gliders to replace the Swiss GPS.Nav currently used? {Presumaby it's Swiss : tries to lead me to Samedan!]

I can tell you how I made my own navpoint file for the Cambridge Set:

The Swiss) navpoints are stored in GPS-NAV.dat, found in the root FSX folder. I started by making a backup of that file. :-)

I opended GPS-NAV.dat with notepad and saw a list of entries, all looking something like this:

1,46:34.950N,009:50.250E,2312M,S,Albula 1,Passhoehe

At Wolfgang's site (www.fsglider.de), in the section "tips and tricks" I downloaded the manual of the Cambridge Set. At page 3 in chapter 2 of the manual I found the definitions and syntax on how to "build" my own navpoints.

With that information and some searching to the positions of the navpoint I wanted to have, I made my own navpoint file (deleted the Swiss navpoints and inserted my own).

Hope this helps

Bert

Forgot to mention, on Wolfgang's site in that Tips and Tricks section, download the FSZwever viewer and manual, or even download the updated version here http://www.forum.aer...=1&#entry153323 in the 9th post of that thread.

It's a great program and very, very useful. It can let you create your own tasks.

Scott

Scott - anyone? - it's years since I last installed a GPS-NAV, and rather than screw up, a piece of advice would be very welcome. Presumably I simply delete Wolfgang's file titled GPS-NAV from FSX and replace with Scott's, titled GPS-NAV.DAT. But do I need to shorten Scott's title to GPS-NAV?

No, Icarus, it came straight from my main FSX directory where the file is located. So, you should not have to change a thing.

If you still have trouble, I think Wolfgang may have a tutorial at the top of his page about installing the CAISET and files into any aircraft. But please feel free to keep asking questions here, cause I know you should get an answer within a few days, if not right of way.

Scott

No, Icarus, it came straight from my main FSX directory where the file is located. So, you should not have to change a thing.

If you still have trouble, I think Wolfgang may have a tutorial at the top of his page about installing the CAISET and files into any aircraft. But please feel free to keep asking questions here, cause I know you should get an answer within a few days, if not right of way.

Scott

'Morning, Scott.

If I may take up your kind offer of help? The nav.dat file shows up ok in Wolfgang's gliders. When I'm at my home base, Lilydale airfield in Victoria, it tells me I'm 337 miles from Albert, which Google in turn tells me is in NSW Oz. Great. But clicking around, I can only raise Albert and Moree. If I click on 'Task - yes' I get a CTD.

Could you let me have a bit more info on the nav.dat content? And I'm wondering whether it should be used with the FSX default 808 rather than Wolfgang's crowd?

Regards, Peter

To be able to use the Task function in the CAISET gauges, you need to have a task preloaded. For this, I use the FSZwever view program to create the task. Go back a few posts within this thread to find out where to get the program, it's freeware and created by our own great and talented Max Roodveldt. The program is old, but works quite well still today.

Now as far as using it in the DG808, you will need to install the gauges yourself, but if you give me a little time, I can dig up some entries you can add to your panel.cfg file I made when FSX first came out. In the mean time, you could look into installing the caipop13.zip from http://www.rotted.com/index.html in the panels section of the menu. I have used it and know it works in FSX. Kris Feldmann did great job on that back then.

Scott

Forgot to mention, on Wolfgang's site in that Tips and Tricks section, download the FSZwever viewer and manual, or even download the updated version here http://www.forum.aer...=1&#entry153323 in the 9th post of that thread.

It's a great program and very, very useful. It can let you create your own tasks.

Scott

Hi Scott,

The link in the post does not work, is there an updated one?

Edited: Got it with a right mouse click :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Icarus, I never was able to recover the modified panel file from my original DG808S. I was able to dig up a screenshot for it and you will see that it was very crude looking. Not to mention, I had a hard time pressing the buttons on the bottom instrument. Did you ever try Kris Feldmann's pop-up panel?

post-24835-125442593592_thumb.jpg

Scott