German Airports 3, Tegel released

• Developer

Hi,

I bought Tegel and was very glad with the quality, BUT:

I get a CTD when approaching runway 26 (R/L), haven't tried the 8's. As soon as I get landing clearance, FS9 crashes. It also takes very long to load the airport. The textures get loaded about 5-6 miles out of the threshold, on an all clear day! (no cloud's filling up my VRAM).

Coming to the conclusion that in this way, Berlin Tegel is pretty useless for me. Has anyone experienced similar problems?

I have a GTS250 512MB, a E8400 3,0GHZ, 4GB 800MHz DDR2 of RAM and a Samsung F1 harddrive. Software: FS9.1, UTE, VFR Berlin 2006.

Kind regards.

Did you read the discussions above about other Afcads still active? Did you check that?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently flying exactly the same route (FRA-TXL) with exactly the same plane (B733 Lufthansa, Wilco), but now during nighttime. Also weather has changed, so I'll have to land at 08L. I have changed the order in which the SC and LC folders were put in the scenery.cfg, as they didn't seem to be right looking at how other GAP have been installed.

I'll keep you informed about the results!

Just landed, and it was a great experience! Approaching over beautifully illuminated city (Ultimate Terrain), and landing on the very, very beautiful Tegel was pure joy. The textures are of amazing hi-resolution, at least they seem to be!

I didn't suffer CTD now. Don't know if thats because of the changes I made in the scenery.cfg, different textures to be used or approaching from the other side. I hope to test more coming week, and keep you informed about the results.

. I have changed the order in which the SC and LC folders were put in the scenery.cfg, as they didn't seem to be right looking at how other GAP have been installed.

I'll keep you informed about the results!

I noticed that too. Usually the LC is lower than the SC in the scenery.cfg but I have left as it is. Not had a chance to do any more flights since. Lets us know how you get on.

Mark wink.gif

Well, there it was again. Loaded my flight on gate A09 on TXL, left the airport via runway 08R for a flight to FRA, followed the SID which made me turn 180 and approach back to the airport. I approached the airport, was almost above it and.. CTD!

So I have 3 CTD's on EDDT, all of them during daytime and approaching from the east. Haven't tried approaching from the west at daytime yet, only during nighttime which went fine. With UTE and VFR Berlin 2006 enabled. There must be really something wrong here, eh?

And number four happened to me too. To reconstruct, take-off from runway 08L or 08R. Fly straight forward until the scenery disappears. (quite quick, already after 7-8miles or so it's gone). Then make a 180turn leftbound, and fly heading 260. It comes back into view about 7 miles away. Then, when you're about 2-3 miles north east of the airport: wham! My fs9 crashes. :-(

It happens in a lot of different planes, so that is not the cause. I reinstalled VFR Berlin and Tegel, to see if that would make any difference. Not as it seems.

Really sorry about this, I was so looking forward to flying from and towards Tegel. Of the four wilco 737 flights I tried, only one arrived safely. Next to that, testing with the Ollson F16, Realair SF260 and C172 all gave the same disappointing result: CTD.

It looks like disabling VFR Berlin 2006 (version 3.2a) did the job. No CTD's during testing hour.

How is this going to be solved? Disabling VFR2006 is out of the question, since I specially bought Tegel to use it with that add-on! it really makes things look better, so I'd love to have both addons enabled.

Since I removed the in active AFCAD form the Scenery folder and also deleted the EDDT Apron Extension scenery off the Scenery.cfg I have had no more CTD's and I have VFR Berlin 2006 installed, below EDDT.

Mark wink.gif

• Developer

Is anybody of Aerosoft willing to help me in solving my problem with the combination of EDDT and VFR Berlin? I'd like to be able to use them both.

It could be helpful, when you give them the Module, which generate the CTD, like g3d.dll, fe.dll or so.

It's exactly the same module as others experienced: ntdll.dll

It always happens when approaching the airport from the east, the airport loads correctly about 7 miles away, and about 2-3 miles from the airport, you get a CTD.

It always happens when approaching the airport from the east, the airport loads correctly about 7 miles away, and about 2-3 miles from the airport, you get a CTD.

Hi Erik

Have you removed the in-active AFCAD file out off the 'new' EDDT Scenery folder, also did you have the EDDT Apron Expansion 2 for the 'old' EDDT installed on top of GAP 3?? The reason I ask is because I removed the in-active AFCAD from the 'new' EDDT Scenery folder and also de-activated the 'old' EDDT Apron Expansion 2 from the Scenery.cfg and since then have not had anymore CTD's! Anyways I hope this helps......

Mark dry.gif

Hi, I removed the other afcad, but haven't got the terminal extension installed. (at least not that I know). How can I be sure? My FS-directory is about 70GB large, so it's quite difficult to locate. If you could point me to were it is installed in your directory, I could take a look. Were can I download the extension, so I can check the readme?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

I have both Tegel X and Berlin VFR installed on FS9. After take-off from rwy 8 I make a right turn about 120 degrees and get a CTD (the same happens when approaching the airport from the east). The error modules is ntdll.dll.

Deactivating Berlin VFR seems to fix the problem.

Doesn't seem to be an AFCAD issue as I only have one active and I never had the older GAP installed.

I hope this problem can be fixed - for now I am using Tegel X without the VFR scenery, but I like many others I'm sure would love to use them together!

Thanks,

Sam

OK, so this time I tried removing the inactive AF2 file from Tegel X scenery folder (I had the 'with static' active, so I removed the 'without static'), and that seems to fix the problem for me.

Have had a couple of test take-offs, both at night and in day, with Tegel X and Berlin VFR installed and no CTD!

Sam

OK, so this time I tried removing the inactive AF2 file from Tegel X scenery folder (I had the 'with static' active, so I removed the 'without static'), and that seems to fix the problem for me.

Have had a couple of test take-offs, both at night and in day, with Tegel X and Berlin VFR installed and no CTD!

Sam

I have the same problem again - I have just one AFCAD file active for Tegel X but I still get a CTD and ntdll.ll error after takeoff from EDDT (and approach from the east) when Berlin VFR is installed.

Help!

Sam

I have the same, and I haven't had the terminal extension installed. Remove the VFR Berlin entries from the scenery.cfg. I bet your problems are over. But that is NOT acceptable! Is anyone at Aerosoft willing to help us troubleshoot at this one?

I have the same, and I haven't had the terminal extension installed. Remove the VFR Berlin entries from the scenery.cfg. I bet your problems are over. But that is NOT acceptable! Is anyone at Aerosoft willing to help us troubleshoot at this one?

Yes - simply deactivating the Berlin VFR in the scenery library fixed all the problems for me.

Would be nice to have both together though - especially as they are both aerosoft products!

No, you should fly heading 080, till you can see the airport disappears (unloads) after a mile or 7. Then, you turn around 180 degrees left, heading 260. Then after a mile or 2, the airport loads again, and 2-3 miles out, wham!

You should make sure you unload and load the airport again by flying away from it and coming back.

I'm very curious about your results then.