German Airports 3, Tegel released

• Aerosoft

It's not often we do airports that are about to close (Read more here) but Berlin-Tegel Otto Lilienthal Airport is an exception. This is the main airport of Berlin and with close to 15 million passengers in 2008 it's not a small one. It has a distinguished history with the Berlin Airlift without a doubt as the highlight. An important airport that belongs in your German Airports 3 collection.

Continuing in the tradition of the German Airport Series, the airport Berlin-Tegel "Otto Lilienthal" is featured with its latest and up to date layouts, buildings, objects, runways, taxiways, lights, and navigation aids. Just like the real life airport. A high definition aerial photograph has been used for ground texturing making the airport and its surroundings seem absolutely realistic. Even with this whole range of objects, details and features, the framerates remains excellent.

See the product page here

Features:

• Highly detailed virtual replica of the airport and its surroundings incl. regional objects
  • Photo realistic ground textures (1m/pxl)
  • All airport buildings and institutions
  • Realistic navigation aids (ILS, VOR/DME, NDB, ATIS)
  • Excellent night effects
  • Realistic runway and taxiway lighting
  • Numerous scenery effects
  • Seasonal ground textures
  • Dynamic Airport Enhancement Services used to create dynamic environment
  • AESlite configuration tool
  • Animated car traffic incl. traffic light control
  • Fully upported by AES (from version 2.04) => Coming soon !!!
  • Extensive manual with information about the airport
  • Original DFS airport charts
  • FSX *(1) and FS2004 version included

*(1) The FSX-Version of German Airports 3 - Berlin Tegel will be available as a free download for all buyers of the FS2004-Version as soon as it is released.

berlin_26.jpg

berlin_8.jpg

berlin_12.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mathijs,

great! can you tell us when we can purchase and download the german airports 3 bundle with hamburg/paderborn/bremen/lübeck/tegel included (for fs9). i don't have the money to purchase them all seperately :P

thanks

chrjs

Thank you, Aerosoft!

I've just given you my 18 euros with pleasure.

It's already downloaded and is being installed.

But I will try to be tough and wait with my flight till tomorrow.

Why? Oliver knows that best... ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

• Aerosoft

hi mathijs,

great! can you tell us when we can purchase and download the german airports 3 bundle with hamburg/paderborn/bremen/lübeck/tegel included (for fs9). i don't have the money to purchase them all seperately :P

thanks

chrjs

I gogt no date for that at this moment, but the moment all the single versions are available we will only need a few weeks.

I gogt no date for that at this moment, but the moment all the single versions are available we will only need a few weeks.

thank you. wouldn't it be great if you could already buy the bundle now (pay the whole price) and then download each airport seperately as soon as it is available? you would get the same amount of money from me.. but maybe there are other reasons why this is not possible.

so iguess i have to wait!

keep up the awesome work!

chrjs

(sorry if this has been asked before)

I have just bought and installed this amazing scenery and having done a few flights already I have noticed that when you choose gate 61-65 for your starting point it positions your aircraft at a 45 degree angle on the stand, also other AI aircraft parked on these stands are also at a 45 degree angle. Is this to do with the AFCAD and can it be fixed? I only know the basics when it comes to AFCADS wacko.gif

PS - This fantastic scenery package goes to demonstrate that FS9 is certainly not dead and I thank AS for still producing amazing scenery add ons for FS9!!! biggrin.gif

Mark wink.gif

• Developer

I have just bought and installed this amazing scenery and having done a few flights already I have noticed that when you choose gate 61-65 for your starting point it positions your aircraft at a 45 degree angle on the stand, also other AI aircraft parked on these stands are also at a 45 degree angle. Is this to do with the AFCAD and can it be fixed? I only know the basics when it comes to AFCADS wacko.gif

PS - This fantastic scenery package goes to demonstrate that FS9 is certainly not dead and I thank AS for still producing amazing scenery add ons for FS9!!! biggrin.gif

Mark wink.gif

Are you sure, that this is a AI-Aircraft, or did you choice the "Static Aircraft" Option on install?

Are you sure, that this is a AI-Aircraft, or did you choice the "Static Aircraft" Option on install?

I chose not to install static aircraft because I use high density AI and it is when I am in my aircraft that it positions me at 45 degrees and also AI aircraft parked beside me on stands 62, 63 and 64 are also at 45 degree angles. Also I am getting an appcrash after about 3 mins after taking off. in the 'view further information' box on the screen when it crashes it says it is a fault with ntdll.dll... do you know what this might be? Also when I installed the scenery the installer did not ask if I have German Airports 3 installed, which I do so maybe I have to remove those elements from my GAP3 install... not sure???

Mark

• Developer

Ok, the Installer normally disable all files of the old GAP 3 Scenery. But maybe your install is not original and the install miss a file. Please doublecheck your old GAP3 Scenery directory, that all files with EDDT in the name or renamed to *.off or removed. If not, remove them.

Ok, the Installer normally disable all files of the old GAP 3 Scenery. But maybe your install is not original and the install miss a file. Please doublecheck your old GAP3 Scenery directory, that all files with EDDT in the name or renamed to *.off or removed. If not, remove them.

OK I will do that now and do another flight and see if that fixes it. Thanks for your help and I will let you know...

Mark wink.gif

OK I have done that and still same problem, also when you select to start at active runway it positions you at 8L when it is actualy 8R that is being used for takeoff, 8L is being used for landings. I don't know if this has anything to do with it also I have VFR Berlin installed. Where should this be.... below GAP 3 and my new Tegel or above both of them? at the moment it is in the middle of them.

Mark

I was just looking through the installed files for the new Tegel and in the Scenery folder there is 2 AF2 files, 1 with static aircraft and 1 without. I left the check box 'do you want to install static airplanes' un checked during the install which is a bit strange. I have now removed the 'with static aircraft' AF2 and will try doing a flight again.

Mark

• Developer

I was just looking through the installed files for the new Tegel and in the Scenery folder there is 2 AF2 files, 1 with static aircraft and 1 without. I left the check box 'do you want to install static airplanes' un checked during the install which is a bit strange. I have now removed the 'with static aircraft' AF2 and will try doing a flight again.

Mark

It's correct that there are two file, but one should have the ending *.OFF, so it is not activ.

But the CTD in ntdll is not pointing to an issue with the scenery, which normally is in the g3d.dll

OK I am now not getting the APPCRASH which is great but it is still positioning my own aircraft and other AI aircraft at a 45 degree angle at gates A61-65 and also when I select to start at the active runway it positions my aircraft at 08L and not 8R as 8R is the runway being used for take offs. As I already said it is a bit strange that it put both AF2 files into the scenery folder even though I left the static aircraft box un checked during the install. I removed the static AF2 and this seems to have solved the APPCRASH problem. Any more ideas???

Mark wink.gif

• Developer

Do you have AFCAD installed? Then type there EDDT and when you get more then only the stocks and the new EDDT Scenery, maybe there is another Afcad active, for example from you AI-Addon.

• Developer

I have found this in my Addon Scenery folder

F1UT_EDDT.bgl

I think it is part of my AI package, should I remove it and what does it do, is it still an afcad??

Mark wink.gif

Rename it to *.OFF or move it to a save place. It must be set inactive to prevent problems.

• Developer

Oliver, can the installer define whether Terminal C is installed and disable it as well? (I ask just because AES can deal with that addon)

No, the freeware addon will not been detected I think, but you only need to uncheck it in the Scenery Library yourself.

No, the freeware addon will not been detected I think, but you only need to uncheck it in the Scenery Library yourself.

Thank you Oliver it seams to have soved the problem!!

Mark wink.gif

Hi,

I bought Tegel and was very glad with the quality, BUT:

I get a CTD when approaching runway 26 (R/L), haven't tried the 8's. As soon as I get landing clearance, FS9 crashes. It also takes very long to load the airport. The textures get loaded about 5-6 miles out of the threshold, on an all clear day! (no cloud's filling up my VRAM).

Coming to the conclusion that in this way, Berlin Tegel is pretty useless for me. Has anyone experienced similar problems?

I have a GTS250 512MB, a E8400 3,0GHZ, 4GB 800MHz DDR2 of RAM and a Samsung F1 harddrive. Software: FS9.1, UTE, VFR Berlin 2006.

Kind regards.