New AddOn : Larnaca X ?

LukasB

Great to know, thank you so much Thorsten! Hope this will be a super seller for Aerosoft.

Of course! :)

I spend there a day myself at Larnaca airport in 2006 for taking photos. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to start working on that scenery before they started to build the new terminal, which made most of my photos taken back then needless. Good to see that there finally is a good developer taking care of this airport. My favourite island in FSX - finally. :wub:

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

Of course! :)

I spend there a day myself at Larnaca airport in 2006 for taking photos. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to start working on that scenery before they started to build the new terminal, which made most of my photos taken back then needless. Good to see that there finally is a good developer taking care of this airport. My favourite island in FSX - finally. :wub:

Bests,

Sascha

Well those bits u took foto are the same:) so not useless.. :)

Larnaca and Paphos airports for fs9/X ? And along with the other airports on the island , there can be some airport hopping going on over cyprus.

I remember a few years ago in a summer , Larnaca airport reached its capacity limit and several aircraft had to be parked at the edge of a taxiway. Definately a busy place in summer.....would make an interesting add-on , especially now with the new terminal

Count another vote for it

I think that was due the problems in Lebanon.. It was non normal ops for the airport

It would be cool if you could add "Kingsfield" airstrip to the Larnaca pack. Basically this is a packed / oiled / pressed earth runway (well, it was in 1976) that was/is used by the British forces gliding and parachuting clubs. Wouldn't need much in the way of work - a couple of wrinkly tin hangars, a Nissen hut for the clubhouse and just a couple more regular autogen buildings (see google earth)

Of course this is a personal request - I learned to fly there. And to drink Brandy Sour and eat Mezedes, Souvlaki, Gyros and the like and to drive the winch...

+ me for Larnaca Senery

+ i have 200+ photos of the new terminal that I'm willing to offer them for this job

After a small research on AVSIM database I found the fooling

Filename:

lclkfs9.zip

License:

Freeware

Added:

8th May 2005

Downloads:

Hi,

thought I'd throw my tuppence worth in. No matter the cost, I will definately purchase any airfield in Cyprus for FSX.

Wife was brought up in Cyprus and we have been there at least once or twice every year for last 18 years. Apart from this year, every landing was from over the bay at Larnaca. Seen quite a bit of change at this airport over the years but the people remain fantastic and we have many friends there.

Can't wait to get back to see the new terminal building!

Keep up the excellent work.

WG

I must say, I didn't expect quite so many FS9 calls, so for the first time since almost 5 years I think I might do an FS9 addon. biggrin.gif

HEHEHE! you're the best! Please do consider it!

• 1 month later...

I would be interested in any case, larnaca solo, or whole cyprus, wouldnt mind spend money if its a descent project, there will b many buyers, not only from cyprus, but from the uk and greece as well

Hi

I am currently developing a high quality freeware scenery for Paphos LCPH. Similar standard to my Barbados scenery on Avsim.

I have also modelled the new terminal at Larnaka, but no plans yet to take this one any further.

I wasn't aware until now that Aerosoft were looking at these airports.

Max.

Max, I'm glad you'll concentrate on LCPH. There are still so many airports with neither freeware nor payware sceneries that it is better not to make several addons for one airport. When will you finish Paphos? :)

Max, I'm glad you'll concentrate on LCPH. There are still so many airports with neither freeware nor payware sceneries that it is better not to make several addons for one airport. When will you finish Paphos? :)

Hi Thorsten,

I have only just started LCPH so it will take me a while but I work a bit faster now that I have done one before. I am very keen to see photos from any members here who have some they are willing to donate.

Max.

Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity Thorsten, now that you have done hundreds of sceneries, how long does it take for you to design an airport like Larnaca? :blush:

Looking forward

Marios

Me? I've not developed hundreds of sceneries. ;)

That question is not easy to answer as you need to count collecting material, doing the trip (if necessary), doing the actual modelling work,... That last part might even be the smallest, most of all if a scenery consists of more (larger area of surrounding terrain, missions, additional contents,...).

But I would say a release date sometime in May should be possible.