Discus BT Engine

daveywavy

Apologies to Joachim and James A but as a first poster I went to wrong place - like binky9 didn't know where to find correct forum.

Look forward to Joachim reply about the instruments, specially compass.

Meanwhile do you have a solution to my Discus BT problem? Engine extends and starts perfectly following the manual instructions but

I cannot get it to retract after use - forced to fly an 'uncleanglider' and land with engine extended.

daveywavy

• Aerosoft

Apologies to Joachim and James A but as a first poster I went to wrong place - like binky9 didn't know where to find correct forum.

Look forward to Joachim reply about the instruments, specially compass.

Meanwhile do you have a solution to my Discus BT problem? Engine extends and starts perfectly following the manual instructions but

I cannot get it to retract after use - forced to fly an 'uncleanglider' and land with engine extended.

daveywavy

Can you extend and retract it while you are on the ground?

j schweigler

many ,many thanks for prompt reply.

Yes, I had at last reached this solution. In fact, engine will only extend (Aus) with my left mouse button, and will only

retract (Ein) with right button after two clicks. Not so with Discus BM -Interesting!

It now performs impeccably - both on the ground and in the air ( though no point on the ground, of course).

Further to my first post I have found the trim lever. Under the pilot's left arm, need to remove pilot to see. Although not clickable does move

as the trim button is used on joystick.

daveywavy

j schweigler

many ,many thanks for prompt reply.

Yes, I had at last reached this solution. In fact, engine will only extend (Aus) with my left mouse button, and will only

retract (Ein) with right button after two clicks. Not so with Discus BM -Interesting!

It now performs impeccably - both on the ground and in the air ( though no point on the ground, of course).

Further to my first post I have found the trim lever. Under the pilot's left arm, need to remove pilot to see. Although not clickable does move

as the trim button is used on joystick.

daveywavy

On the BM the switch should be down with a green light below the switch. Click the switch, it moves up and the green light is now above and left of the switch. When the engine is fully extended the green light then moves to above the switch. On retracting the engine, the light works in reverse order.

For all others re the Trim, if you have FSUIPC4 installed, under Miscellaneous then select "use mousewheel for trim" it works also. The only drawback I have come across using this method is that if you need to change freq on Comm Radio you have to go into FSUIPC4 again and deselect the trim option.

to retract, you must click the switch with the RIGHT mousebutton.

(2 times) It is a 3 way switch, FSX can't handle with only left mousebutton

I was trying hard as well. Worth to mention in the manual ? ^_^