Textures showing through

Scura

Good evening.

It's my first post on this forum.

I like to thank Aerosoft and all the members of this developement team for this fine addon software.

Just after many many years in FS-flying i thought, i would have seen everything..and then ibumped into this fine piece of software by incident.

Instantly fell in love and downloaded it (i love credit cards)

It's fantastic. I spent three hours reading and trying it out. Though i am a FS-rotorhead i never sat in a glider before, even in r/l. So i made three flights and landed one savely. Sorry for crashing your plane (I read the warrenty void :blush: )

Only bug i face till now is this

2009-9-6_17-5-17-388.jpg

The tarmac surface somehow shows through. I face this too in other panes but only if i zoom in to 100% and look straight down. With this plane it appears right in every zoom factor.

Any ideas how to get rid of this anoying texture fault?

A hint i found very helpful: I use a spring centered joystick on which i deactivated the spring, so the stick isn't centered anymore. Very helpful for Chopper flying, it appears it's very helpful in glider flying too. Maybe you check this out, if you fell too much workload while steering this glider.

Greetings, Scura.

Thanks for the kind words :-)

This screen is no bug from me, though I am very sorry fr this.

Please look at the default DG808. It has the same problem.

It appears, because of the very low fuselage. No way to solve it.

Regarding the joystick.

I use a springcentered, too. but I don't take out the springs.

I never felt a real chopper, but a plane has some pressure on the controls. The rudders will center automaticly, hands off.

Bests Joachim

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the kind words :-)

This screen is no bug from me, though I am very sorry fr this.

Please look at the default DG808. It has the same problem.

It appears, because of the very low fuselage. No way to solve it.

Regarding the joystick.

I use a springcentered, too. but I don't take out the springs.

I never felt a real chopper, but a plane has some pressure on the controls. The rudders will center automaticly, hands off.

Bests Joachim

to expand on the first...

The viewpoint in FS2004 was fixed, but in FSX it moves under Gload. This looks good on larger cockpits but cause problems in small cramped cockpits like in the glider and for example our F-16. There are config files in FSX that determine how much the viewpoints move. If you feel this is a major issue I can correct it for you but it means your viewpoint will be limited in movement in ALL aircraft.

to expand on the first...

The viewpoint in FS2004 was fixed, but in FSX it moves under Gload. This looks good on larger cockpits but cause problems in small cramped cockpits like in the glider and for example our F-16. There are config files in FSX that determine how much the viewpoints move. If you feel this is a major issue I can correct it for you but it means your viewpoint will be limited in movement in ALL aircraft.

Well, i don't know which effect it would have on my other planes. For now i am flying the DodoSim Bell 206 FSX at 99% of the time. If this chopper wouldn't be effected i will definately try your solution. If it doesn't interfere with the Quest Kodiak and the Beaver X (also by Aerosoft) i would be happy with it.

If you wouldn't mind giving it a try and spent some extra time on a bit of a ptch or condig or the like, i would be pleased to get help from you.

Thank you, Mario.

• Aerosoft

Well, i don't know which effect it would have on my other planes. For now i am flying the DodoSim Bell 206 FSX at 99% of the time. If this chopper wouldn't be effected i will definately try your solution. If it doesn't interfere with the Quest Kodiak and the Beaver X (also by Aerosoft) i would be happy with it.

If you wouldn't mind giving it a try and spent some extra time on a bit of a ptch or condig or the like, i would be pleased to get help from you.

Thank you, Mario.

I think you did not fully understand what I explained. Under Gload FSX moves the viewpoint (your head) inside the Virtual Cockpit. When there is a structure close to your head it can happen that the viewpoint moves behind that structure and that means you will see it. Of course if does not happen in a Beaver as there are no structures so close to your viewpoint. There is no way for us to patch it. As said I can only offer to change FSX itself by tweaking a VFG files. But this will affect ANY aircraft and is certainly not advised.