FPS questions

gwolb

I sure want to get this, but before purchase, could someone give a comparison of the FPS with the new Discus to the default glider in FSX. Thanks.

While I cannot provide actual side by side FPS numbers, I can tell you I encountered absolutely NO hit to framerate while using any version of the Discuss models - in fact it was "smooth sailing" (pun intended!)

Have to concur with Robert on this one as I ran WinchX, CumulusX, FSCommander, FSMap and a few other prog's with NO dramatic hits in fps. Bouncing around from one prog to the other made no difference.

I have zero FPS impact until I turn the map on. Then it slows down a couple FPS to 33-34 from my target of 36. Hardly worth mentioning... the default GPS map isn't great for FPS, so this isn't the developer's fault.

I don't see any reason to worry about it!

I have zero FPS impact until I turn the map on. Then it slows down a couple FPS to 33-34 from my target of 36. Hardly worth mentioning... the default GPS map isn't great for FPS, so this isn't the developer's fault.

I don't see any reason to worry about it!

I never bothered looking the majority of times anyway as I was having so much fun (along with the headaches over this and that) along with a pc that had a mind of it's own :)

OK,

some screens even tonight.

As you can see minimal differences between the planes. (I let off the movingmap because this eat some frames)
Though it is not to hard it was unfair, because the default plane don't has something like that ;-)

Attached the screenshots.

There is nothing to worry about. All the planes are very smooth.

(Note that the FPS in the screens are tried to get the average. The FPS was jumping around with both planes, so I made a couple of shots to take the middle, Normally I lock the frames at 24)

post-5802-125209862113_thumb.jpg

post-5802-125209863509_thumb.jpg

post-5802-125209865007_thumb.jpg

post-5802-125209866343_thumb.jpg

Bests Joachim

- - - - -

Modellflugschule NRW

thanks for all the info. I just got this tonight, and the FPS is very similar to the default gliders. Example over same area, without the map turned on, get about 25fps with default glider, and about 23fps with Discus. For the vast improvement, not bad at all. Thanks for all the hard work, now back to gliding the night away.