Nice X For FS9 - Anyone interested - post a reply!

global express

Hi!!!

I was dreaming to have that scenery in fs9! I have a lot of wonderfull Aerosoft's scenerys in my fs9 (mainly in Germany), besides Monaco (very nice). So, there is a lack for a revamped fs9 Nice scenery, because the actual fs9's Nice is out of Aerosoft's standard. And I love that region!

So, ........my vote is, for sure, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will buy it!!!

Tks a lot for all Aerosoft's staff attention!

Regards

Fábio

We're reading it, as I said we need about a 1000 orders and a good number of boxed distribution contracts, lol.

Hi Mathijs,

I am not asking. Believe me, I know asking for anything outside of AES requests here is useless. I am just throwing my name in the hat incase this thread actually makes a difference. Which clearly, based on your response, it isn't.

I am still happy Aerosoft honored our requests for an FS9 Padderborn. You even listened and made improvements based on my feedback. I am still, very happy for that. Although, 3D cars in the lot is all that the scenery needs.

I guess, you just didn't make enough money on that product (either entirely or just the FS9 back-ported version) to justify the back-porting process again. I am, at least, glad you tried instead of just listing all the reasons to say you can't or wont.

I mean really, was it that bad Mathijs? FSDT takes just a few extra days to do this. But I guess the money you would make in downloads just isn't enough. You have to pay for boxes and distribution for the FS9... Too many people need to open the box and enjoy that 5 second experience huh?

cheers

newmanix

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

I am not asking. Believe me, I know asking for anything outside of AES requests here is useless. I am just throwing my name in the hat incase this thread actually makes a difference. Which clearly, based on your response, it isn't.

I am still happy Aerosoft honored our requests for an FS9 Padderborn. You even listened and made improvements based on my feedback. I am still, very happy for that. Although, 3D cars in the lot is all that the scenery needs.

I guess, you just didn't make enough money on that product (either entirely or just the FS9 back-ported version) to justify the back-porting process again. I am, at least, glad you tried instead of just listing all the reasons to say you can't or wont.

I mean really, was it that bad Mathijs? FSDT takes just a few extra days to do this. But I guess the money you would make in downloads just isn't enough. You have to pay for boxes and distribution for the FS9... Too many people need to open the box and enjoy that 5 second experience huh?

cheers

newmanix

If it was a few days we might do it, but believe me it's not. Just the testing, documenting, handling licenses, making installers, distribution, setting up support takes a good week at least and that has nothing to do with the actual coding. FSDT is a much smaller operation, they got much lower overhead and a much smaller distribution chain then we have. They will most likely make money on a product way before we do with out higher overhead. If they can do something it does not mean we can. We have three download releases this week and two boxed releases. That's more then FSDT does in half a year I think (they don't do boxes of course but just as an example.

And I really believe we have chewed this topic to death. If we find it commercially interesting to do an airport for FS2004 (like the Tegel we are releasing today) we do it. If we think it will not work we will not do it. Right now we will not do a Nice for FS2004, as our developers are all working on projects that are potentially more profitable or on professional projects.

If people want to add their names to this list that's fine, I won't block it (but I will move it to the scenery section). But it is all so predictable. You could put the same post online for any airport and for FSX or FS2004. People will (understandably) say yes I like that. Heck I would do the same. Why should I NOT like a Nice for FS2004? Doesn't mean it is commercially possible but I would like to have one.

Aerosoft has released more FS2004 scenery then ANY other company, overall and certainly in the last 18 months. And still every time we release a FSX product, non matter how commercially successful it is we got through the same lot of arguments and no matter what we do some people will end up being pissed off. But from now on it's all rather simple. The whole 'nice scenery but I want it in FS2004 because you lot are crazy not to see the thousands and thousands of FS2004 customers' discussion is no longer welcome on our forum except for here. We decided to do that because it always slides out of control, it always leaves people upset and all that can be said has already been said 50 times. We have patiently listened to all arguments, even when they were not very complementary.

If you like to discuss this with me and if you got any new things to add to what has been said, feel free to do so here. Not as a reply to this one. Now if you excuse me, I got to prepare the press releases etc for the FS2004 Tegel scenery we are releasing today.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

What a waste of time.

Tegel??? That airport is closing in 2011! And you think that's a better commercially viable product.

Ok. wacko.gif

Yes we do. First sale indication (90 minutes) are very positive. And with the pre orders for the boxed collection for German Airports 3 we know that's all going to be fine. And darned if it is not true, we do a FS2004 product and we still get hammered. Of course if you had any clue about what is intended with the German Airports series you would have know that even if we would not sell a single Tegel for FS2004 we would still have to do it.

You got any indications that state the opposite? You got many years of experience in selling FS add-ons? I mean I do and I think I know what I am doing.

You clearly think I am wrong. What's that based on? Come on share with us, Global Express! We had close to 12 thousand views on the preview topic and as you see people were rather anxious for what you call a waste of time. So do share with us why this a waste of time and not a good commercial viable product!

Yes, you're the scenery designers. I'm just a student pilot & photographer. You should have very good information on what sells and what doesn't, and that's why I can't understand why you think Nice for FS9 wouldn't sell...!

So why would it sell??? All the business and corporate flyers is 1 reason! FS Aircraft developers like eaglesoft sell thousands of their bizjets to users who have a passion for corporate aviation. Nice is one of the busiest airports in Europe for corporate jets and is a major airport for GA traffic. The ramps are always packed full. Scenery developers tend to stay away from GA airports no matter how big or small, so when an airport comes along that has 50% biz traffic and 50% liner traffic, is quite appealing for both type of flyers.

With regard to 'waste of time' - I was referring to this thread. :(

To show that it wasn't just me asking for Nice X for FS9, I set this thread up to show other people were interested too. 1000 views in less than a week indicates this topic has certainly had enough interest. It just lacks replies. Maybe this is an indication that the scenery is not so popular after all??? LOL! In which case - this thread is done.

• Upvote 2

As a convert to FSX (made certain by recent releases such as the Catalina, JS41 and so on) and still avid user of FS9 (PMDG MD-11, B737, tester of Airsimmer's A320) I am always happy to see scenery for both simulators...

I would definitely want to pick up a new version of Nice for FS9 if it were to be done.

Aerosoft bowed to the pressure with EDLP being released for FS9, a decision I was very happy for them to make. However, the history of Aerosoft and EDLP would make it rather difficult for them to have acted otherwise, their location being on site at EDLP...

Nice is different a little. All that said, I would still love to see Aerosoft's NiceX be done for FS9 too...

And Tegel is on my shopping list this week too! Been waiting for that for a couple of months now, as a base for my As320... :D

Whether they do or don't is always going to be down to them... the best thing is to make our voice heard but not enter into a heated discussion. That will more likely harm the cause than help...

Andrew

I've read the topic thoroughly but still can't understand is FranceVFR's Riviera BasePack + AutogenPack + JetSet so bad that you guys ask Aerosoft for a substitution? Buy, set up and fly - today, not "some day".

1 voice contra (so far) :P

Correct me if I am wrong, but the issue I have with the FranceVFR addons is that often only summer textures are available...

Nice doesn't look the same all year round... nor does Grenoble and so on...

It would be nice (pardon the pun) to have the choice in Nice...

If you like summer only photoreal, then the FranceVFR sets are great... though I may be talking rubbish here, as I haven't had time to check exactly these packages, I just know it is the case for other airport sets...

Andrew

Correct me if I am wrong, but the issue I have with the FranceVFR addons is that often only summer textures are available...

Uhmm... don't you get the same screen on January, 1st?

post-11761-125253327492_thumb.png

What's wrong with that, the ground is greener than it should? I've never been to winter Nice, but hope in real it doesn't look like winter Norilsk :)

No doubt, great when one's got scenery to choose from. But must Nice have a priority? I don't think so.

is FranceVFR's Riviera BasePack + AutogenPack + JetSet so bad

You know, with all respect: this pleasure (base pack+autogen+jetset) is 60 euros!

What's more (correct me if I'm wrong) the airports (including Nice) have no custom ground, using default MFS textures and even runways.

There are just buildings put on it.

Further on, you get only one season phototextures and the framerate hit (I read that) is significant.

Not very convincing to get, right? ;)