Schiphol

Much better than the shots on Simflight!! Rainer , what do you use for your screenshots and how do you position yourself around the airport, you get some great angles. Finally I can file away my C9 scenery!!wub.gif

Rainer , what do you use for your screenshots

I suspect he uses DBS Walk and Follow, which I use too and which is one of my favourite addon. Makes one able to do stunning shots like these, being able to walk around any place in FS from a ground point of view.

Thanks to Rainer, I also installed the HDE clouds and get similar sight in FS. It changes nt only the clouds, it also finely tunes the FS lightening rendering.

About these shots, seing that he still uses the good ol' Martinair's B742, reminds me that I had recently updated my own AI set up awaiting that EHAM, and I had updated/replaced Martinair's with 744BCFs. His shots give me the idea to resurrect the 742, and assign it to some EHAM-VHHX routes :ph34r:

Much better than the shots on Simflight!! Rainer , what do you use for your screenshots and how do you position yourself around the airport, you get some great angles. Finally I can file away my C9 scenery!!wub.gif

*smile* hmmm - Should I really let all my cats out of the bag? (that's the way I would say it in German...) ;)

BTW: I use the "print"-button for the screenshots and put them into my paint-prog. Then I define a selection and I scale it to 1024 pixel (my source is 1920x1280). That's all - no other editing.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Thanks Rainer.... I appreciate you sharing your 'secrets'!! Can I push it and ask one more thing, how do you get your camera positions... I mean like outside the front of the airport or beside other ai aircraft when they are taxiing or taking off? Because in FS you can only scroll around your own aircraft... or so I thought lol biggrin.gif

Actually taking a closer look at your last shots I am thinking they are all shots of your (user) aircraft... and the other front of airport shots involve a bit of zooming in n out I am guessing....? wacko.gif

Stunning!wub.gif ( Don't know if my FSX can handle this much of objects running at the highest setting, wouldn't want to miss a bit! Might aswell switch back to fs9 just to fly on this magnificant EHAM scenery period )

Great screenshots, good to see some ajustments have been made.

Found one minor mistake tough, if we look at the jetways again;

Please login to display this image.

The protection bar should be more like a square, not round. Wheels are still a bit too large. Yes, it are small wheels. Compare it to the ones on an average car.

Honestly, there are many "generations" of jetways at Schiphol. Some have a round protection bar, some some more square, some none at all, and some have a completely different suspension system. It's all dependent on what jetway you're currently looking at.

Please tell me which exactly are round, haven't found one yet.

All jetways are required to have these safety bars, so don't think there are any without ;)

In general there are only two types of jetways; the apron drive (the one with the wheels and the external safety bar) and apron swing (the one which can only move left/right and get closer to the aircraft by extending). Both types do have the safety bars, only on the apron swing jetway it's just a line.

As for the gate at the screen (G9) it is not round at all IRL.

I'd love to see some recent photo material showing this round version of the safety bar.

At least they're not on the B, C, D, E, F and G pier, not much left then.

Wow, just amazing.

As my de-icing colleague "padcontrol" posted earlier in this thread, the de-icing area at Julliet buffer is changed since this year. Looking East, papa's 10, 12, 14 and 16 are now in place. Between P12 and P14, an Icetower has been built, from which de-icing pad-control shifts a/c to the individual spots (and supervisors like myself). I can see in pics 4 and 6 that you already included our Icehouse (management, food and rest area)

For a nice overview from the sky, check here.

Making this, and including in AES, would make winterflights out of AMS amazing!

* holding breath for reply *

Tobus

Please login to display this image.

Look at the second one, I think it's definitely round. It's a small picture, though, so I can't be 100% sure. And yes, it's not G9... wouldn't know how G9 looks like... Point is, that there jetways which seem to have round bars. However, this could be an old picture. I have no idea, only telling you what I saw when looking around the web...

• 2 weeks later...

Just some quick questions, as the fs9 version of this scenery is already released.

-Is there going to be a new topic for the FSX version?

-It was stated that the FSX version will be released some weeks later than the fs9 version, is there any timeline known yet how long it will take? (regarding the far amount of bugs noted in the support forum..?)

fs9 version looking certainly stunning, can't (but have to tongue.gif ) wait for the FSX version, thanks in advance wink.gif!