Schiphol

Yeah, me too mixed feelings. As a reviewer, I'v had the chance to look at just about all of Aerosoft's Mega Airport releases. All are filled with beautiful detail. Take Mega Airport Madrid, for example: that's a stunning and terribly exciting airport to fly into just because of the sheer amount of objects parked all around the apron. I see none of that in Schiphol, which has greatly disappointed me. I do hope this is stuff that will get added in later still, because as it's now, the airport looks rather dead to me...

Also if you compare these screens to Brussels or Stockholm Arlanda, I feel the quality is less. But as said above: it is better than the C9 version!

Looking at the new shots, I'm having mixed feelings. Sure looks a lot better compared to the ancient Cloud9 version or the freeware NL2000 rendition. However the overall quality seems to be less than other recently released airports. Maybe it's because of the (imho) excessive use of the bloom plugin.

but for now it doesn't have the WOW-factor I was hoping for and have had with other Aerosoft releases....

Frank van der Werff

Hi Frank,

sadly I'm not in a so close contact to Cornel comparing to sim-wings, GAPs or Oliver. So I still wasn't able to get my hands on the beta to make some screenshots.

For me it will be the AESlight traffic from Oliver, why I definitely will try out Cornels work. And ESSA was after some patchwork a very nice airport and to be honest I would be very glad to get more airports at this design level. We moan on a very high level in my eyes, especially for FS9... ;)

One word to the screenshots from Holger:

I like them. But mostly I deactivate the blooming-bgls in my FS9 screens for my friends, sometimes too many effects like these destroy more than help.

Ciao,

Rainer.

I'm having mixed feelings

I understand that. Although it will be sold by Aerosoft, it is not their internal creation. It's made by Cornel of DFS, the author of LSGG (quite forgotten since we got FSDT), ESSA and EBBR. You may indeed like his style or not. It's not Flytampa, FSDT or some Aerosoft's (new GAP and SimWings).

The fact is there were really no other Arlanda or Zaventem to compete with. This time it is a bit different. There still is Cloud9 (I'm using it myself), working fine and AESed. Plus it covers the city of Amsterdam, which adds a lot visual pleasure on approach or departure. So it may be a bit more tough to sell. Or not. We'll see.

Anyway Cornel has definitely put a lot of effort into creating this one, especially that Schiphol is so large and not easy (which was mentioned earlier by Mathijs).

So, I'd say: if you care much about Schiphol (e.g. you're Dutch and like to fly to/from your home airport), you won't risk much getting this one.

It will have AESlite (I hope I'm correct), so that definitely is an advantage over Cloud9.

And, of course, it's new (we all like the smell of brand new products, don't we?).

The screenshots are average. But, well, they were not made by Rainer Duda, so what did you expect? ;)

Just my two eurocents on the forthcoming Schipol.

Oh of course, don't get me wrong - I will nevertheles buy this one (or, actually, the moment it comes out I send an email to Robert Whitwell asking if I can review it for Avsim ;) ). It's just that, looking at the aprons, there hardly are any objects there. I'd like to see baggage carts, pushback trucks and whatnot. All these objects really help in making the airport an entirely different level of detail. I'm just assuming that these are things that are placed in the scenery last, but still, I really hope to see them, like in Madrid.

Will there be a download-version?

I think the pics don´t look so bad, but I still wonder about the FPS...

I fear that it will be less then Mega Airport Frankfurt in the FS9.

EHAM is such a really big airport and the ESSA was not very good!

Greetings

Christopher

The old Lago EHAM was the very first airport addon I bought way back for FS2000 I think it was. Up until then all my flightsimming had been done on default. I still remember the jaw dropping surprise I got when I saw it in action with all the aircraft arriving and departing. I just sat for ages watching the traffic movements! I have bought many other airports since then of course and even updated EHAM with the Cloud Nine version. Now I am looking forward to udating yet again for FSX. It always feels like coming home when I fly into EHAM ever since that first day. I hope its nearing completion as this is a must buy for me.

The fact is there were really no other Arlanda or Zaventem to compete with. This time it is a bit different. There still is Cloud9 (I'm using it myself), working fine and AESed. Plus it covers the city of Amsterdam, which adds a lot visual pleasure on approach or departure. So it may be a bit more tough to sell. Or not. We'll see.

Anyway Cornel has definitely put a lot of effort into creating this one, especially that Schiphol is so large and not easy (which was mentioned earlier by Mathijs).

So, I'd say: if you care much about Schiphol (e.g. you're Dutch and like to fly to/from your home airport), you won't risk much getting this one.

It will have AESlite (I hope I'm correct), so that definitely is an advantage over Cloud9.

And, of course, it's new (we all like the smell of brand new products, don't we?).

Just my two eurocents on the forthcoming Schipol.

Agreed here with one difference we have in FSX only the default :wacko:

http://forum.simflight.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=334

André

Well...I'd rather wait for reviews before buying it. Honestly, I don't see much difference between DS EHAM and C9 EHAM from standpoint of texturing and object modelling. Perhaps, AES Lits is the only major difference.

C9's non-terminal area is not at all detailed. That's a serious problem, in my eyes, with the C9 scenery. It's also rather outdated by now. I've also noticed many problems with taxiway lines not placed correctly on the taxiways.

C9's non-terminal area is not at all detailed. That's a serious problem, in my eyes, with the C9 scenery. It's also rather outdated by now. I've also noticed many problems with taxiway lines not placed correctly on the taxiways.

Not to mention the AFCAD files blink.gif Schiphol is a very difficult airport for AI movements...

Just been over at simflight.com, and on the home page it says Schiphol is about to be released in the next few days. Can this be confirmed?

Well, on the pre-order page of Aerosoft it says the release dat is at the 31st of March so I don't think this is true.

Well, on the pre-order page of Aerosoft it says the release dat is at the 31st of March so I don't think this is true.

Don't use that page as a guidance! The pre-order page is almost always wrong - Mathijs said so himself in various threads. It could also be that March is the boxed version, not the download version.

I believe one of you said that the developer of Stockholm Arlanda (ESSA) is the one making Schiphol Amsterdam (EHAM). Well if that's the case, then I know I am DEFINITELY buying this one. Why??? Because Stockholm Arlanda was beautifully developed and designed. Did not affect FPS at All!!! And I can imagine this will barely affect my FPS unlike Cloud 9!!!

Just wanted to say, you've got a customer waiting to get this one no matter it's outcome ^_^

Don't use that page as a guidance! The pre-order page is almost always wrong - Mathijs said so himself in various threads. It could also be that March is the boxed version, not the download version.

The linked report states

"eine FSX-Version wird im Frühjahr" which roughly means a version for FSX will be released in the Spring

The linked report states

"eine FSX-Version wird im Frühjahr" which roughly means a version for FSX will be released in the Spring

This is what I read on simflight.com's homepage (not .de!):

"Designer Cornel Grigoriu of Dreamfactorystudio is working on Mega Airport Amsterdam Schiphol and just sent the German simFlight team his ‘gold version’ of it for preview. Schiphol (for FS2004 for now) should pop up at Aerosoft’s shop within the next few days."

Mathijs: thanks for trying to find out!

Not to mention the AFCAD files blink.gif Schiphol is a very difficult airport for AI movements...

If you know how to work with crossing-rnwys techniques, it should not be a problem. I have 3 sets of AFCADS created by myself for EHAM and use them according to wind direction (checked via ASA) and time of the day.

If you know how to work with crossing-rnwys techniques, it should not be a problem. I have 3 sets of AFCADS created by myself for EHAM and use them according to wind direction (checked via ASA) and time of the day.

Yes I know, but what I mean it is nearly impossible to create one single AFCAD for the airport, since they use a lot of different combinations...