Schiphol

Hi Evert,

Although I´d certainly like it when it is possible to de/ice at the J/apron, your statement is incorrect. I have been on flights this winter from AMS, of which ALL were de/iced at the gate.

It depends: All flights who are de-iced by KLM are de-iced at the remote area. This is the J-apron on P10, P12, P14 and P16. On the following area's is deicing possible on the gate: B-apron, B-gates, H-gates. Of course there are companies which are not being de-iced by KLM and those flights are de-iced at the gate. After the a/c left, the apron is cleaned by some trucks which sweep the apron.

Hopefully it is AES-ed.

As an addition to padcontrol;

De-icing also possible at G, D and B- gates.

Not sure about F, E and C.

On D-gates it is only possible after approval of the airport. Even on F, E and C. Further same procedures as mentioned before.

As an addition to padcontrol;

De-icing also possible at G, D and B- gates.

Not sure about F, E and C.

That would explain it, as all my flights were departing from the B-pier, and were handled by Aviapartner.

I am really curious about the performance. I really have positive experiences with Aerosoft regarding FPS and hope it will perform better than the C9 version.

• Aerosoft

Hey Mathijs, Do you hava any more screenshots? :D I'm looking forward to this airport man and I'm sure to buy it :D

Sorry dudes, this is a development that is not done internally so we also got to wait for info and images most of the time. But soon we'll do a full photo shoot and we'll be able to show more.

• Upvote 2

May I ask, Mathijs, who is developing Schipol? Or perhaps better, what other sceneries those who are working on Schipol are?

If they're the guys who developed Heathrow for instance, and from the existing screenies I'd assume they're the same team, then I cant refrain a woo hoo :)

As far as I understood from previous indirect comments, they are the same guys who created EBBR and ESSA, i.e. DreamFactoryStudio.

Okay thanks Dimon, I checked the DreamFactoryStudio website out, and you're correct.

No woo hoo then though ... yet <_< Although I like their Brussel, the Mega Arlanda had been a deep disappoointment for me: I did own their old ESSA version which I had bought from them when they were SSE or something like that back in 2004, and frankly, the mega Stockholm gave the impression of a small unfinished upgrade. That's only my opinion of course, but nothing to be compared between Arlanda and Heathrow sceneries, quality wise..

I certainly hope their Schipol had been started from ground up and that it will be their best production.

What's wrong with the ESSA they did? I always really liked it. On the other hand, I don't like their EBBR that much. It's hard on my framerates, and for no apparent reason.

Whatever they did in the past though, I like what I've been seeing from their new EHAM scenery. Can't wait to see it "for real" on my own computer!

I am really curious about the performance. I really have positive experiences with Aerosoft regarding FPS and hope it will perform better than the C9 version.

But with EBBR I had bad experience!

* cough cough *

[6 year old kid mode=ON]

Erm...one two, one two three...anybody out there?

May we beg some updates, gentlemen ? :wacko:

[/6 year old kid mode=OFF] lol

According to luchtvaartnieuws.nl all ING banners will be replaced for Rabobank ones (see the full message in Dutch below). Will this also be included in the scenery?

SCHIPHOL - Het logo van de Rabobank is de komende twee jaar prominent aanwezig op Schiphol. Reclame-uitingen van de bank zullen zowel aan de binnen- als buitenzijde van de negentig passagiersbruggen op de luchthaven te zien zijn, zo meldt Schiphol. Voorheen adverteerde ING op de 'aviobruggen'.

"Schiphol is een plek met een bijzondere internationale dynamiek en daardoor voor ons een zeer interessante plaats om met onze doelgroep te communiceren", zegt Chris Abbenhuis, Directeur International Services van Rabobank.

De reclame-uitingen zijn nu al op diverse pieren te zien; binnen enkele weken moeten alle passagiersbruggen van het Rabobank-logo voorzien zijn.

• Upvote 2

More screenshots here;

http://forum.simflight.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=334

Off course I don't know what version is used for these shots, but I noticed that the wheel base on the jetways (the apron drive version) haven't been changed yet.

This realy disturbs me because they are about twice as wide as they should be and look very unrealistic now.

Please have a look;

812581625_6_Itg0.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Looking at the new shots, I'm having mixed feelings. Sure looks a lot better compared to the ancient Cloud9 version or the freeware NL2000 rendition. However the overall quality seems to be less than other recently released airports. Maybe it's because of the (imho) excessive use of the bloom plugin.

Some parts (roads, viaducts, some buildings) don't blend well with the ground textures. Nice example are the viaducts used with the EDDP Leipzig scenery. I was really hoping seeing this repeated with EHAM.

Will buy this one for sure, since it's my homebase (actually I work at EHAM and live very near to it...), but for now it doesn't have the WOW-factor I was hoping for and have had with other Aerosoft releases....

Best regards,

Frank van der Werff

Mixed feelings as well. I can only but notice some textures look seriouly blurred, next to some sharper ones.

The post says it's a finished and ready for release work, and the screenies are dated february 6th. Thanks for the link Koebrood. I definitely agree about the jetways' wheel base, they have to be fixed.