Schiphol

Agreed, I think Aerosoft will make a lot more money with Schipol than with any of their upcoming project, including their A321 and all of their

FSX only projects. I have my cc ready as well :)

Not saying this won't sell but you would be hingly surprised how well pure VFR scenery for FSX sells these days.

No surpise at all. I've been always saying that FSX is truly VFR simulator (no sarcasm at all). SDK for terrain and phototextures is simply terrific. Thus, let leave IFR and large commerical airports\commercial airliners to FS2004.

Sorry to touching sensitive FS2004/FSX issue.:-)

Mathijs,

Now the release of the FS2004 version is not very long aways from us now, can you give us an answer to the question if it will be compatible with the NL2000 Version 3 scenery? That would be great! I know how to merge Cloud9 with NL2000 but ofcourse I don't know how this works with this scenery.

Evert

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Now the release of the FS2004 version is not very long aways from us now, can you give us an answer to the question if it will be compatible with the NL2000 Version 3 scenery? That would be great! I know how to merge Cloud9 with NL2000 but ofcourse I don't know how this works with this scenery.

Evert

Well fact is that NL2000 did not really respond nice to our questions on this. So we more or less decided to do this ourselves and as far as we know there will not be a major problem for the FS2004 version. I am sure the more important FSX version will be compatible as well. If there are problems I am sure NL2000 and us will figure it out. I got enough friends there.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

No surpise at all. I've been always saying that FSX is truly VFR simulator (no sarcasm at all). SDK for terrain and phototextures is simply terrific. Thus, let leave IFR and large commerical airports\commercial airliners to FS2004.

Sorry to touching sensitive FS2004/FSX issue.:-)

No problem! Just saying the VFR market is perhaps bigger then the serious IFR big aircraft, bit airport market at this moment.

• Upvote 1

Well fact is that NL2000 did not really respond nice to our questions on this. So we more or less decided to do this ourselves and as far as we know there will not be a major problem for the FS2004 version. I am sure the more important FSX version will be compatible as well. If there are problems I am sure NL2000 and us will figure it out. I got enough friends there.

Good to know you try to do it yourselves. I would be very hard pressed if you had me choose between NL2000 and Aerosoft's Schiphol. Honestly, I might have ended up choosing NL2000...

There are a lot of us that doesn't use NL2000 or FS9 for that matter lol so my choice is easy ;-)

Cheers,

André F

Yes but Amsterdam is a Dutch airport. So it will be more likely that more purchasers of this product have NL2000 too because they live in the Netherlands and its a great VFR scenery wink.gif.

Anyway, thanks for the release date! Can't wait!

Evert

Not saying this won't sell but you would be hingly surprised how well pure VFR scenery for FSX sells these days.

I can see that. I started using Flight Simulator as a corporate pilot in the mid 1990's with FS95 to practice landing at airports that I had never been to in order to familiarize myself with landing approaches at that airport. Granted, the scenery was not very good, so, I could only make instrument approaches. But, I have seen the VFR scenery take a GIANT leap forward. This is especially for FSX. Even though I like to fly the airliners for my VA, FSX has gotten to the point where where a person can fly VFR as well. So, it is very easy to see the appeal. I do have a couple of friends of mine who do use it for VFR practice for the areas they live in because the FSX scenery is good enough to contain many of the landmarks that actually exist in real life. Frankly, I am very impressed by the VFR scenery I have seen. I have another friend that has ALL of Aerosofts' city scenery for the USA. I have been to his house an the scenery is AWESOME!!! Great job Aerosoft!!! It is really awesome ot fly in FSX, then to actually fly over that scenery in real life. In fact, your London City scenery is so accurate, that another friend actually flew into London Heathrow recently. He has flown into Heathrow many times in FSX. He also has your London City scenery. He said that even though he had NEVER been to London in real life, that he felt an odd sense of familiarity with both driving around the airport and the city in real ife after seeing it on his computer. Even though there are no street signs in FSX, he could not believe how comfortable he felt driving around London. He stated to me and others that he has never felt that way about traveling to new cities before and that as a result of flying so many times using FSX, he felt as if he had almost been to some of the areas in London. By the way, two more people purchased your scenery within a couple of days after seeing the scenery on his computer and hearing his story.

Oh well, I thought I would relate this story. You guys produce great products!!!!!! I have a question for you. Do you all plan to create airport scenery for Vienna for FSX? Also, I am surprised a little bit by this. But, it looks like the airport in Dubai has become quite popular. Do you have any plans for creating scenery for this airport as well for FSX? I do love FSX, butr the list of add-on airports while growing, (thank to Aerosoft) is still a little bit thin compared to FS2004.

Is there already some further process on Schiphol, maybe some screenshots ?

Would love to see the process :)

Sébastien B

I second that!

I have been waiting for this scenery for ages! However, I am a bit concerned about its performance; not so much as in Aerosoft's ability to create FPS-friendly sceneries, but more as in a highly-detailed payware scenery in combination with the NL default scenery. I have noticed that even FSX's default scenery is kind of hard on the FPS relative to other countries (maybe it is because of the many lakes / streams?). Either with or without GEX and UTX for Europe, flying over the Netherlands gives me a significantly worse performance than when flying over other EU countries (especially more stutters). But well, we will see what its performance will be, this will be a must-have anyway! :) Can't wait!

Hi Matthijs,

Nice work :D

Just found a small imperfection; the wheelbase on the "apron-drive" jetways is too wide, it should be smaller.

http://www.aerosoft.de/shop-rd/bilder/screenshots/fsx/megaairportamsterdamx/megaairportamsterdamx_2.jpg

Also the plateau on the base of the lightpole should be a bit higher (in real it's about 60/70cm high) and more steep (or even better; straight down) on the edges.

http://www.aerosoft.de/shop-rd/bilder/screenshots/fsx/megaairportamsterdamx/megaairportamsterdamx_4.jpg

I don't know the detail limit and quality v/s framerate, but it would be nice to see the "stairs only" and passenger marks/arrows on the H parking as well.

I'll try to make you a detailed picture tomorrow for the H/M gates.

mmm, thanks Guenter. I've got one question though: do we have to understand, from your screenshot, that the scenery is far from being finished?

If the buildings seem to have their lightmaps, how about the ground lightmaps?

Could you perhaps give us a hint about when Schipol might hit the downloads queues? Is 'Early 2010' more april than february? :unsure: