Schiphol

This list does not include the new Schiphol scenery yet, only the Cloud9 version which is only available for FS9. If Aerosoft releases Schiphol for FS9 and FSX I assume that they will add AES support for both versions.

I also think it is very annoying to talk about other airports in the Schiphol topic. I can understand you would like to see other airports, but there are a lot of other, more appropriate topics to place these posts... This topic is about Schiphol!

Erik, I am in total agreement with you, I was referring to this part:

"Thank Aerosoft for THAT and other great products and STOP whining about all kinds of other airports, really ENNOYING!"

Going back to the topic, you are right that aes concerns cloud9 EHAM in the list, but the specific developer's other two products do not seem (temporarily I hope) to be covered in fsx. I was surprised when I bought Stockholm (only recently), that it was not covered for fsx (It is still a great scenery).

Erik, I am in total agreement with you, I was referring to this part:

"Thank Aerosoft for THAT and other great products and STOP whining about all kinds of other airports, really ENNOYING!"

Going back to the topic, you are right that aes concerns cloud9 EHAM in the list, but the specific developer's other two products do not seem (temporarily I hope) to be covered in fsx. I was surprised when I bought Stockholm (only recently), that it was not covered for fsx (It is still a great scenery).

Thanks for your explanation, and indeed strange that Stockholm is not covered yet. Maybe it will be later?

I am also curious about some more recent screenshots rolleyes.gif

Having read an answer from Oliver regarding fsx EBBR support, he mentions that it is not supported yet, which means hopefully it, EHAM, and ESSA will get the tratment down the road.

I am also highly interested in the new AFCAD. Personally, I hope they will make one AFCAD file which will support realistic operations, but due to the limitations of FS9, I don't think it will work out. One of them is that the Polderbaan is never used for take-off since it is too far away from the airport.

I have released a couple of Afcads for Cloud9's EHAM scenery and I'm currently working on what probably will be the last overhaul on them until we get this new scenery (for FS9, yay!), and you need a minimum of two different Afcads to get this airport working somewhat realistically. The setup I have now is one northerly Afcad, take-offs on 36L & 36C, landings on 6 & 36R. One southerly Afcad, take-offs from 18L & 24, landings on 18R & 18C. What I've avoided until now is 9/27. I'm looking into incorporating it into one or both of the Afcads.

One-way runway use is a pain. And the construction of the star and what the determining runways need to be, is problematic as well. Especially when they are taking off in opposite directions, say 36L and 24. It can be done, but you don't want to end up with umpteen Afcads à la Cloud9...

But you can have plenty of departures on the Polderbaan just as in real life, that's for sure. Takes a while to get there though, been there, done that, in a Northwest DC-10. And when we came back, we landed on 18R to boot!

:lol:

I have released a couple of Afcads for Cloud9's EHAM scenery and I'm currently working on what probably will be the last overhaul on them until we get this new scenery (for FS9, yay!), and you need a minimum of two different Afcads to get this airport working somewhat realistically. The setup I have now is one northerly Afcad, take-offs on 36L & 36C, landings on 6 & 36R. One southerly Afcad, take-offs from 18L & 24, landings on 18R & 18C. What I've avoided until now is 9/27. I'm looking into incorporating it into one or both of the Afcads.

One-way runway use is a pain. And the construction of the star and what the determining runways need to be, is problematic as well. Especially when they are taking off in opposite directions, say 36L and 24. It can be done, but you don't want to end up with umpteen Afcads à la Cloud9...

But you can have plenty of departures on the Polderbaan just as in real life, that's for sure. Takes a while to get there though, been there, done that, in a Northwest DC-10. And when we came back, we landed on 18R to boot!

laugh.gif

I also created an AFCAD for Schiphol, but my goal is to let everything run in one AFCAD. I succeeded as it fills my needs. Of course there are some unrealistic landings on RWAY 18L and 9, but furtermore...

that's the 2nd issue of EHAM now. well the pics look very pleasant and nice, but i'm waiting desperately for African and Asian airports - why is there nothing?

Nairobi, Dar, Mumbai, Doha, Delhi, Jburg, CPT,... there are soo many great destinations - is there no market? or no publisher?

It´s a choice. 100 % realistic operations at Schiphol are impossible with one afcad. Amost every runway is used for takeoff in one side and for landing in the other side. You can say that it is not 100 % confortable to have a lot of afcads in one package but you can´t say that they are not realistic. Anyway, there are a lot of afcads according to real life operations, so that everyone can choose whatever they like. And there are a lot of tricky things at this airport. For example without shortened runways you will never see take-offs at 36 L because it is too far from the aprons. And of course, it it not really realistic to have runway 09 always in use for TO. Just two examples of how difficult this airport is to configure.

harpsi

It´s a choice. 100 % realistic operations at Schiphol are impossible with one afcad. Amost every runway is used for takeoff in one side and for landing in the other side. You can say that it is not 100 % confortable to have a lot of afcads in one package but you can´t say that they are not realistic. Anyway, there are a lot of afcads according to real life operations, so that everyone can choose whatever they like. And there are a lot of tricky things at this airport. For example without shortened runways you will never see take-offs at 36 L because it is too far from the aprons. And of course, it it not really realistic to have runway 09 always in use for TO. Just two examples of how difficult this airport is to configure.

harpsi

Indeed, this is a great challenge for the development team. Hope they will come up with some decent AFCAD files :)

I hope so too. We've been waiitng too long a true quality scenery. Something which gives realism at a good framerate. I don't know which development team made the LisbonX scenery, but I do know it's the best performing airport scenery I currently have (third party) in FSX. Honestly though, besides 2 UK2000 airports, it's the only one I have... Nevertheless, I was surprised to see how I could fly my CS757 so smoothly there, whereas the LDS767 in FS9 was able to drop my FPS to 6 when flying over the highway with all the moving traffic. Apparently, that's no problem in FSX. Maybe because of the default FSX road traffic?

Alas, I can only hope I see the same performance in this Schiphol scenery. It already looks amazing, that's for sure.

This year there has been a number of gate changes at Schiphol, are these gatenumbers also being changed in your version of Schiphol?

If you guys need to know where and what has been changed, you can mail me.

Martinkeizer@hotmail.com

Best Regards,

Martin

Hello,

I´m really looking forward to EHAM but I also really fear that such a big airport has a horrible performence.

When I look at EBBR in fs9, oh!

Please Aerosoft, give this airport a performence like LPPT!

Greetings

Christopher

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Is there are Boxed Version planned with printed charts? I hope so..... I dont like download so much.

Not sure about the charts, always a complex thing. If only because it is near impossible to get all charts for an airport like Schiphol into one dvd box. But for sure it will be boxed.

• Upvote 1