Schiphol

Attached the first images of Schiphol. We are not ready to give out a lot of detail, features and dates but it is always nice to be able to show the first images!

Looking great, truly looking forward to this one

• Aerosoft

Looking great already!

However, I see you've modelled a small patch of grass just in front of the D2 gate. This is asphalt in real. Just to let you know. ;)

The images we got were from summer 2008 if I am correct so think it due to that. But if you point it out we could see if we could fix that. Like most airports Schiphol is rebuilding the whole time so we'll always be a bit behind the real thing.

The images we got were from summer 2008 if I am correct so think it due to that. But if you point it out we could see if we could fix that. Like most airports Schiphol is rebuilding the whole time so we'll always be a bit behind the real thing.

Sure thing, I've searched for some photos.. this were the best I found:

http://www.jetphotos....php?id=6654381

Right of the nosegear is where your grass is modelled.

http://www.airliners...oto//1277758/L/

And an view from above. You can clearly see it's asphalt. (Photo from September the 23th of 2007 btw)

Hope this helps you out.

Hi Mathias,

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW that looks excellent. I hope this will be release for FS9 :rolleyes: . I'm not asking for details from that message just hoping it will be.

Kind Regards

Jason

• Upvote 1

Hey Matthijs...

Cool.. Cool.. Cool..

FSX or FS9/FSX?

Because of the absence of a good EHAM scenery for FSX I still haven't switched to FSX...

With this version (wich looks very cool) i will...

Keep up the good work...

Marc Nieuwhof

Hey Matthijs...

Cool.. Cool.. Cool..

FSX or FS9/FSX?

Well, the thread's title is Schiphol, not Schiphol X, so I have my hopes it'll be for both. :)

I fully agree, these first screenshots look very promising. Finally we can look forward to a new scenery of this airport after what felt like a decade after the Cloud9 release. Great! Thanks Matthijs!

Looks great as always! can't wait to see it finished.

Just a small question. Are you going to change the M-buffer apron? (on the other side of the highway)

Because it's been made bigger two years ago or something

Here some pics (not very good quality though):

http://www.airliners.net/photo//1245493/L/

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6091882&nseq=24

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6255602&nseq=20

Do with it what you want, it would be great to have this fixed to but I'm not complaining at all! I just want to help you guys with the great work.

Thanks!

Well, the thread's title is Schiphol, not Schiphol X, so I have my hopes it'll be for both

Many 'X' titles were for both platforms, so I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

And yes, it's very nice the new Schiphol is coming. I also timidly hope we'll see the FS9 version.

I wonder though who exactly is working on it.

SimWings or maybe there is a special team made for Amsterdam?

Best regards,

Rafal

...Well, the thread's title is Schiphol, not Schiphol X, so I have my hopes it'll be for both. :) ...

Well if you take a look on Cornel Grigoriu's homepage, the man behind this masterpiece, it is stated there: "Amsterdam Schiphol is now under construction, huge project that hopefully will be released end of this year. For both FS9 and FSX."

This work look's realy amazing and Cornel (EBBR, ESSA,...) knows how to make everybody satisfied. For me it is definately a "must have" for Christmas.

Thanx for the pictures - it's allways nice to know what you are looking foreward to... (sorry for my schoolenglish...)

Dedl

Many 'X' titles were for both platforms, so I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

And yes, it's very nice the new Schiphol is coming. I also timidly hope we'll see the FS9 version.

I wonder though who exactly is working on it.

SimWings or maybe there is a special team made for Amsterdam?

Best regards,

Rafal

Dreamfactory Studio! If you go onto their website in the news section it says it will be for both FS9 and FSX and for release end of the year. I am really excited about this one, Cloud9 did a good Schipol but I am sure this will be miles better!!!biggrin.gif

Wow! I didn't realise it was already this far in development It looks awesome. I really like how the jetways look, and the groundtexturing looks very precise. love that. The control tower though, has something about it that doesn't look quite right. I think it's the top of the tower, the sort of slim piece with the dome on top of it. Looking at photographs, I have the feeling it might have to be a bire more "stretched". Maybe ingame it looks a lot better, I can't be sure, but it's something about the proportions of the various parts of this controller tower that doesn't looks quite like it should be. For the rest though, it looks awesome! Can't wait to lay my hands on it.

(Yay, I'm suing the "sandwich" method of giving feedback!)

• Aerosoft

Hey Matthijs...

Cool.. Cool.. Cool..

FSX or FS9/FSX?

Because of the absence of a good EHAM scenery for FSX I still haven't switched to FSX...

With this version (wich looks very cool) i will...

Keep up the good work...

Marc Nieuwhof

Yes this one will be for FSX and FS2004. We did not think there was any good Schiphol for either simulator so there is a good market there. I know the C9 one, but it's outdated and I know many customer simply will not accept there DRM system (though personally I don't think it's such a pain)

Mathijs, will this be linked with a Rotterdam scenery or will it be a stand alone? Either way I can't wait for this to come out. I have C9 but as you say it is out dated and I don't like their policy on istalling the scenery!

Mark wink.gif

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, will this be linked with a Rotterdam scenery or will it be a stand alone? Either way I can't wait for this to come out. I have C9 but as you say it is out dated and I don't like their policy on istalling the scenery!

Mark wink.gif

It is not linked with Lelystad and/or Rotterdam. Separate projects (of course they will play nice together. For Lelystad/Rotterdam we asked Limesim (Sascha Norman, who used to work at our HQ) but is now on a much sunnier island. Note that Lelystad and Rotterdam will be FSX only as we like to use the better features of FSX for that.

(And please, dear friends, not ANOTHER discussion on why we don't do FS2004 versions for those airports, I'll just delete those posts)

• Upvote 1

I have C9 but as you say it is out dated and I don't like their policy on istalling the scenery!

I also have C9, but I saw no unusual policies other than the "try before you buy" setup I wish more developers would use. What are you referring to?

If the developer is in need of additional foto-information about recent changes at Schiphol or other airports, i would like to point out at:

http://www.bing.com/maps/?mkt=en-ca

This is very useful if you know how it works.

Just scroll in on the roadmap to the disired location and press on "Aerial" or "bird's eye" on the blue toolbar at the top and be amazed what you get to see.

By pressing "Labels" the roadmap information disapears.

By using this i've created a new airport layout in ADE for Schiphol, but on my system it's a frame eater unfortunatly.

I hope this will be of any use.

Some area's are displayed distorted though because of security resons.

I also have C9, but I saw no unusual policies other than the "try before you buy" setup I wish more developers would use. What are you referring to?

Hi Bruce, I had a lot of problems with my comp a few months back and had to rebuild the software a few times which then turned into a few hardware changes. Once I had my system back up running again I tried to install Schipol and it blocked me saying i had exceeeded my allowable installations.... So I emailed them to ask them to reset it for me and they refused and said they were passing it to their fraud dept!! Wot?? It turned out that because I could not un-install the scenery before a total system crash, which happened 7 or 8 times in total, they said that I was installing it on loads of other systems. After numerous emails trying to explain the problems they said that until I un installed the previous installations they would not un block my copy!! How do you do that when you have rebuilt your system.....?? EVENTUALLY they finally agreed and reset it but with a warning that if they see anymore installs on seperate hardware then they would permanently block it!! I was really angry at the acusation but then in this day and age I suppose I an see it from their point of view. So just remember if you are changing anything, software of hardware wise, uninstall the scenery first!!

Mark wink.gif